This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Metal Gear Solid 4 is one of the most overrated games this gen.

#151Raven_CyarmPosted 12/31/2012 11:30:20 PM
Dantechan posted...
They just said they hated the button mashing part. I think you're the one who is missing the point here.

So they hate symbolism? If they hate symbolism, then why the **** would they be playing a story based game which is filled with it?
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#152mgs4fan540Posted 12/31/2012 11:32:44 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
Dantechan posted...
They just said they hated the button mashing part. I think you're the one who is missing the point here.

So they hate symbolism? If they hate symbolism, then why the **** would they be playing a story based game which is filled with it?

i''m sorry but I have to ask you some thing.

How the **** is button mashing symbolism?

I love MGS4, but that part could of totally been better without the stupid button mashing. symbolism my ass.
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#153IChangedMyNamePosted 12/31/2012 11:34:16 PM
Confirm.

It was a good game but by no means was it ANYTHING anyone said it was. Honestly I thought it was a terrible ending to a saga and I didn't like the gameplay much either in comparison to 2 and 3.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#154wheepitupPosted 12/31/2012 11:34:19 PM
mgs4fan540 posted...
Raven_Cyarm posted...
Dantechan posted...

I love MGS4, but that part could of totally been better without the stupid button mashing. symbolism my ass.

Symbolic might be the wrong word. It's more like an homage to all the torture sequences in past MGS games. Did you complain about the button mashing sequences in MGS1 and 2 as well?
---
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
#155mgs4fan540Posted 12/31/2012 11:37:18 PM
wheepitup posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...
Raven_Cyarm posted...
Dantechan posted...

Symbolic might be the wrong word. It's more like an homage to all the torture sequences in past MGS games. Did you complain about the button mashing sequences in MGS1 and 2 as well?

No, not really. I just didn't like the one in mgs4 because I think the button mashing ruined the sad moment. I had to concentrate on the button mashing more than watching the scene.

the torture button mash and solidus strangle was fine because they were really cutscenes.
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#156Raven_CyarmPosted 12/31/2012 11:44:52 PM(edited)
mgs4fan540 posted...
Raven_Cyarm posted...
Dantechan posted...

It's supposed to represent Snake's overall struggle with the decrepit state of his body and the pain of the hallway intensifying it. The player is engaged with having to mash a button as hard as possible, by the end of it at an almost impossibly fast pace, to give a similar feeling as to how much effort Snake is outputting to move.

Are you complaining that you wanted LESS gameplay and MORE cutscene?

Is it really that much of a struggle to mash a button and pay attention to something else at the same time? I think this is more a personal problem on your end, rather than a problem with the game.
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#157wheepitupPosted 12/31/2012 11:48:49 PM
mgs4fan540 posted...
wheepitup posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...
Raven_Cyarm posted...
Dantechan posted...

No, not really. I just didn't like the one in mgs4 because I think the button mashing ruined the sad moment. I had to concentrate on the button mashing more than watching the scene.

the torture button mash and solidus strangle was fine because they were really cutscenes.

It was no different than the scenes in MGS1 and 2. It was just another form of torture. Torture Snake had to endure to shut down Outer Haven.
---
#158wheepitupPosted 12/31/2012 11:51:16 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...
Raven_Cyarm posted...
Dantechan posted...

It's supposed to represent Snake's overall struggle with the decrepit state of his body and the pain of the hallway intensifying it. The player is engaged with having to mash a button as hard as possible, by the end of it at an almost impossibly fast pace, to give a similar feeling as to how much effort Snake is outputting to move.

Is it really that much of a struggle to mash a button and pay attention to something else at the same time? I think this is more a personal problem on your end, rather than a problem with the game.

Yea and I've never even failed that sequence even on the hardest difficulty. I'm not even sure it's possible to fail it. People complain about the stupidest ****.
---
#159DarthNAS4Posted 1/1/2013 12:13:19 AM
No. In 2 words, No no.
---
"The most excellent struggle is that for the conquest of self."
~Prophet Muhammad
#160warrenmatsPosted 1/1/2013 12:18:30 AM
wheepitup posted...
Raven_Cyarm posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...
Raven_Cyarm posted...
Dantechan posted...

Yea and I've never even failed that sequence even on the hardest difficulty. I'm not even sure it's possible to fail it. People complain about the stupidest ****.

actually, you can die at the microwave sequence.
---
:D