This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Metal Gear Solid 4 is one of the most overrated games this gen.

#31TIGERJACKS0NPosted 12/31/2012 1:21:20 PM
ComfortablySad posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...
Everyone who said C is obviious either never played the game or just plain haters...or trolls.

Mgs4 is the best game this gen for so many reasons. Great bosses, good story and characters, replay value, graphics, etc everything.

All of you who said Confirm obviously have bad taste and do not know what a good game is

Or we have differing opinions.

To me, MGS4 is a movie with a terrible story first, game second. The gameplay (when you get to play) is linear as hell and felt like a step backwards from MGS3.

The story would have appealed to me when I was 16 but since I'm older it felt like a preachy anti-war episode of Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. Ooooo nano-machines! How futuristic and clever, please remind the player every 15 min.

To sum the game up.

Play 10 min. Watch awful cutscenes for 45min about what ZERO means. Play for 10min. Watch awful cutscenes about comparing death to rose petals (SOOOO DEEEP) for 45min. REPEAT 6-7 TIMES. Hit triangle for 10 minutes. Watch crap cutscenes for an hour. CREDITS. (not even going to mention the install times).

this

i made the mistake of playing it late at night, anxiously waited for a cutscene to end, next thing i know i wake up at 7 a.m with the game on still
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#32davepogi118Posted 12/31/2012 1:21:24 PM
Dantechan posted...
C

It's probably the worst mgs game out there. The gameplay is a huge step down from mgs3, there is not enough gameplay and too many cutscenes...which are boring as hell and have bad writing. Final boss was the weakest of all the mgs games. Act 1 and 2 were good but it went downhill after that. Bosses were mediocre in this game.

Deny because we Heavy Rain already has that title. Funny thing the not enough gameplay and too many cut scenes apply to HR as well lol.
#33kingrat2314Posted 12/31/2012 2:10:42 PM
D. A thousand times D.
---
Yep, I'm a guy! teehee <3
#34ocelot562Posted 12/31/2012 2:11:06 PM
killak posted...
Deny.

---
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
W. C. Fields
#35kingrat2314Posted 12/31/2012 2:12:52 PM
ComfortablySad posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...
Everyone who said C is obviious either never played the game or just plain haters...or trolls.

Mgs4 is the best game this gen for so many reasons. Great bosses, good story and characters, replay value, graphics, etc everything.

All of you who said Confirm obviously have bad taste and do not know what a good game is

To me, MGS4 is a movie with a terrible story first, game second. The gameplay (when you get to play) is linear as hell and felt like a step backwards from MGS3.

The story would have appealed to me when I was 16 but since I'm older it felt like a preachy anti-war episode of Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. Ooooo nano-machines! How futuristic and clever, please remind the player every 15 min.

To sum the game up.

Play 10 min. Watch awful cutscenes for 45min about what ZERO means. Play for 10min. Watch awful cutscenes about comparing death to rose petals (SOOOO DEEEP) for 45min. REPEAT 6-7 TIMES. Hit triangle for 10 minutes. Watch crap cutscenes for an hour. CREDITS. (not even going to mention the install times).

I assume you have played the game, so what the hell is up with this? That's not true at all.
---
Yep, I'm a guy! teehee <3
#36velvet_hammerPosted 12/31/2012 2:14:06 PM
mogar002 posted...
no

---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#37ekalwaysreturnsPosted 12/31/2012 2:17:13 PM
It can't be overrated since it came out in 2008, when all the games were pure crap back then.

MGS4 was the best of a bad situation
#38Stanger5150Posted 12/31/2012 2:19:16 PM
Nothing is overrated. If a lot of people love something, you can't tell them they're wrong.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#39XeonexFlashPosted 12/31/2012 2:20:12 PM
Let's make it a "Hell No"
---
A higher-dimensional entity can shatter your consciousness field with its emotions alone, causing you to experience eternal blackness with no sense of time. -X
#40TIGERJACKS0NPosted 12/31/2012 2:21:10 PM
kingrat2314 posted...
ComfortablySad posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...

To sum the game up.

I assume you have played the game, so what the hell is up with this? That's not true at all.

Lol yes it is true. And theres the multiple sequences showing sonny cooking eggs and getting better at it.. Who the hell cares
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382