This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Metal Gear Solid 4 is one of the most overrated games this gen.

#41ocelot562Posted 12/31/2012 2:22:46 PM
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
kingrat2314 posted...
ComfortablySad posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...
Everyone who said C is obviious either never played the game or just plain haters...or trolls.

Mgs4 is the best game this gen for so many reasons. Great bosses, good story and characters, replay value, graphics, etc everything.

All of you who said Confirm obviously have bad taste and do not know what a good game is

Or we have differing opinions.

To me, MGS4 is a movie with a terrible story first, game second. The gameplay (when you get to play) is linear as hell and felt like a step backwards from MGS3.

The story would have appealed to me when I was 16 but since I'm older it felt like a preachy anti-war episode of Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. Ooooo nano-machines! How futuristic and clever, please remind the player every 15 min.

To sum the game up.

Play 10 min. Watch awful cutscenes for 45min about what ZERO means. Play for 10min. Watch awful cutscenes about comparing death to rose petals (SOOOO DEEEP) for 45min. REPEAT 6-7 TIMES. Hit triangle for 10 minutes. Watch crap cutscenes for an hour. CREDITS. (not even going to mention the install times).

I assume you have played the game, so what the hell is up with this? That's not true at all.

Lol yes it is true. And theres the multiple sequences showing sonny cooking eggs and getting better at it.. Who the hell cares

lolno
---
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
W. C. Fields
#42glyde69Posted 12/31/2012 2:23:45 PM
Agreed. Everything about the game was lame, IMO.

Been awhile since I played it, so my memory of the game is pretty vague, but one thing that really ruined the experience for me was being able to access that shop at any time(black dude iirc). Imo, that destroyed any possible challenge the game had. Come to a tough area.....Why battle through it when I can just buy a bunch of guns or ammo necessary to clear that particular level? I don't recall the earlier games being like that at all. You came into an area with what the game gave you and you figured it out either by pure stealth or what weapons and ammo the game gave you. If you were truly screwed, you loaded an earlier save and played better. You didnt just go to a shop with buku bucks and BUY your way to victory.

I also didnt care for the bosses and the end sequence. The story was the weakest of the four games, as well(IMO). A convoluted mess. Sure, you can argue that for all of the games, but the other entries all had really cool moments and scenes. 4 was just a boring rambling mess.

IMO, 3 was the masterpiece of the series. Followed by 1, then 2, then 4 WAY below. Very disappointing game in a series I love.
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#43TIGERJACKS0NPosted 12/31/2012 2:24:36 PM
So much denial.. Everything listed is cleary shoved in your face during cutscenes. Bunch irrelevant time wasting crap
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#44ocelot562Posted 12/31/2012 2:26:30 PM
I remember very clearly you're exaggerating and wrong.
---
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
W. C. Fields
#45keybladeXIIIPosted 12/31/2012 2:39:53 PM
Hell no. I bought a PS3 just for MGS4 and it was worth every penny. And kids, PS3s were NOT cheap 4-5 years ago.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#46Carbuncle009Posted 12/31/2012 3:13:10 PM
D

It's one of the most overrated movies this gen.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 4 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#47JackNiefPosted 12/31/2012 3:23:22 PM
Deny.

I enjoyed it, flaws and all. Then again, I managed to enjoy FF13, and FF13-2. Was not impressed with Soul Calibur 5, however, or 4.
---
Proud Owner of: Playstation 3, Wii, Xbox360, Gaming PC, PSP, DS, Vita
<CHANGE> all the <THINGS!>
#48Saiyan_EmperorPosted 12/31/2012 3:24:24 PM
Deny
---
http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/08/22/ape-escape-hd-collection/
^Please vote
#49DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/31/2012 3:25:02 PM
MGS 4 had some really sweet cutscenes
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#50Falling DownPosted 12/31/2012 3:25:26 PM
No WAY!!!

SPoilers?

After playing all the games leading up to this one it felt like a great conclusion and pay off, Also to the guy complaining it ended just like the first one,

Two people on a tower, with the sunset, amazing music from the whole series, shooting each other with syringes to get the most out of their opponent for the final confrontation...if that doesn't give you goosebumps you must be under 19 years old.
---
DOOD!!! ~Prinnies