The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

playstation plus?..new to this.

#1Inkleach7Posted 12/31/2012 12:22:10 PM
So my friend is trying to convince me to get PSPLUS,so I checked the website and its like 'over 65 games'.
But when I clicked on what was available there were only about 11 games,I'm only gonna be using this on my ps3..just a bit confused.
Hope someone can explain this to me,sorry for being dumb.
#2Anodyne11Posted 12/31/2012 12:24:28 PM
It's 65 games over a period of a year. They change out regularly but there's always 10+ available at any time.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#3Inkleach7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 12:27:15 PM
Am I right in thinking that I can keep any 10 over the space of a year?
So I could keep one from my first month til my last even if its removed from the store?
#4VigilantStevePosted 12/31/2012 12:29:01 PM
You can keep any (no limit) of the games that you get as long as you have a subscription. The games expire when your subscription runs out, but if you resubscribe you regain access to everything you had previously.
#5FellDudePosted 12/31/2012 12:30:23 PM
It's basically a game rental service & you only keep access to the free stuff as long as you are a member. They have a you will lose this if your subscription ends type message at the time of 'purchase' of 'free' games.

You get access to some extra discounts too. The discounted stuff you buy you keep if you discontinue your membership... unless they indicate otherwise.
---
Of all the game consoles ever made, the Xbox 360 is the one closest to perfecting the hundred percent failure rate. - Former Owner of 3 of Microsoft Xbox 360's.
#6Inkleach7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 12:30:45 PM
Thanks guys!
#7EoinPosted 12/31/2012 12:37:56 PM
FellDude posted...
The discounted stuff you buy you keep if you discontinue your membership... unless they indicate otherwise.

There is no "otherwise". If it's discounted and you buy it, you keep it. No exceptions.
#8GrandpaShufflePosted 12/31/2012 12:46:40 PM
Just make sure to "buy" the game (i.e. proceed through the free checkout process), then you'll be able to dl it at any time in the future as long as you have ps+, whether you initially downloaded it or not. From what I've been told, you can even cancel your subscription, renew it again later, and still have access to those games.

I just got a year subscription yesterday, seems that I've already got enough games on day one to warrant the entire purchase.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SpiderWomp-1665/hero/11400803
#9FellDudePosted 12/31/2012 12:53:36 PM
Eoin posted...
FellDude posted...
The discounted stuff you buy you keep if you discontinue your membership... unless they indicate otherwise.

There is no "otherwise". If it's discounted and you buy it, you keep it. No exceptions.

Currently yeah, but if you actually read the fine print Sony can change that policy at their discretion. Which would matter for future purchases. So like I said "... otherwise."
---
Of all the game consoles ever made, the Xbox 360 is the one closest to perfecting the hundred percent failure rate. - Former Owner of 3 of Microsoft Xbox 360's.
#10EoinPosted 12/31/2012 1:16:42 PM
FellDude posted...
Currently yeah, but if you actually read the fine print Sony can change that policy at their discretion. Which would matter for future purchases. So like I said "... otherwise."

Sony have specifically said:

"Any content you purchase with a Plus discount is yours to keep, regardless of you membership status."

http://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2034

"Yours to keep" is not a status that can be changed, ever. If a Plus subscriber buys something that has a discount for Plus subscribers, other than the discount, the purchase is treated in exactly the same way as as if it were a non-Plus subscriber buying it. When you said "unless they indicate otherwise", you were simply incorrect. As I said, there is no "otherwise".