This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who started the "no more instruction manuals, we're going green" trend?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Who started the "no more instruction manuals, we're going green" trend?
4 years ago#1
I think it was EA, but I'm not sure. It's so annoying how instruction manuals are so thin nowadays that when you open the case everything would slip away.
4 years ago#2
As long as they have some sort of digital manual on the game, I couldn't care less about how small the physical manuals are.
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
4 years ago#3
Hippies.
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
4 years ago#4
I'm pretty sure its EA. Also, I think EA started the trend where 360 cases are made out of a flimsy plastic that reminds me of Papier-mâché. Not to save a few pennies, mind you, but to save the environment . . . because EA cares.
4 years ago#5
PETA

I kind of agree with them though. It shouldn't take animal pelts and ivory to make an instruction manual.
3D gaming is overrated
4 years ago#6
They go green by not printing manuals, but the price is the same. If saving the environment costs them money, they wouldn't do it.
4 years ago#7
EA and Activision.

They're also responsible for large parts of some of my game cases being missing and having recycling shaped holes cut into them.
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
4 years ago#8
EA. Sucks that instruction manuals are useless these days - I'd rather have to look in the book to learn the controls (and get background on the story, characters, etc.) than have to go through a mandatory and infinitely annoying training stage for a game that's just gonna hold my hand the whole time anyway.
Abortion is the cold-blooded, soulless SLAUGHTER of a living human being.
Scientific FACT.
4 years ago#9
Still getting charged for the same price.
You mirin' brah?
4 years ago#10
Yes, I like having a real paper manual in my cases. It doesn't matter if I never use it I just do. What about it, gamefaqs?
Sunshine is overrated...
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Who started the "no more instruction manuals, we're going green" trend?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived