This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is playstation all-stars worth getting?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. is playstation all-stars worth getting?

User Info: lovestocomment

lovestocomment
3 years ago#1
I liked playing smash bros. growing up, is it similar or better? I heard you could only kill your opponent with a special move?

User Info: RAlNMAKER

RAlNMAKER
3 years ago#2
If you really like SSB than yeah. It's a solid first effort
PSN: Solid_Fantasy XBL: DrakeFortune NNID: solid_fantasy

User Info: Nik_Nack

Nik_Nack
3 years ago#3
Yes, you can only kill with super moves. It's comparable to smash in the sense that it is a party brawler, but different in terms of well, other stuff. 20 character launch roster, with 2 free dlc characters coming soon.

If you go into it thinking it's smash, then you'll have a bad time. If you go into it with an open mind though, the game is a blast. Basically, get it if you liked smash's style of party brawling. But don't make the mistake of thinking they're the same thing. Also, I believe it's $40 right now.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: firefoxts5

firefoxts5
3 years ago#4
Wait for a price drop not worth the $60. It's a stupid idea to only be able to kill with just super moves.
psn: Overlord-Fox---gamertag: Overlord foxx

User Info: mx_703

mx_703
3 years ago#5
firefoxts5 posted...
Wait for a price drop not worth the $60. It's a stupid idea to only be able to kill with just super moves.

It's $40, I just bought it haha
PSN & MGO:mx703, AriZona XLink: mx_703

User Info: chiefofsb78

chiefofsb78
3 years ago#6
firefoxts5 posted...

The game is like $40 now already and only kill by supers was a great idea you get a kill you earned it not me doing all the work and another player comes in and gets one hit in and gets the kill just no

User Info: BkzUzi

BkzUzi
3 years ago#7
firefoxts5 posted...

Did even play the game?
YEah the game is worth it. Right now it's on Sale for $40 so go pick it up.
Don't expect to much from the offline mode because online is where it really shines.

User Info: carib2g

carib2g
3 years ago#8
The game is absolute trash.

You hear me? Trash!

You've been warned...
Best of 2012: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png

User Info: chiefofsb78

chiefofsb78
3 years ago#9
carib2g posted...
The game is absolute trash.

You hear me? Trash!

You've been warned...

Must.....not......FEED

User Info: XFactor1

XFactor1
3 years ago#10
The menu presentation are some of the worst I have ever seen. The only recent game that has worse menus is Gran Turismo 5.

The game itself is not as good as Smash. it's about a 7.5/10 game. Still solid though.
--
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. is playstation all-stars worth getting?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived