This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2012 was definitely the year for RPGs!

#101jubjub360Posted 1/2/2013 3:52:23 AM
Evil_Gogeta posted...
jubjub360 posted...
Evil_Gogeta posted...
@TC I understand but as this forum is full of people from around the world such as I and some of our European and Asian friends so of course we take it as the first release, but I do agree a good list!

@JubJub They are the JPN release dates aka the first dates they came out, you asked I gave, :B.

So JPN equals the world. Ok.

I think you need to re-take Elementary School English because you clearly can`t read.

Except I read it just fine. Your dates are wrong because the TC was going by the dates of his own country, which nulls your dates.
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#102RyuuHou25Posted 1/2/2013 3:53:02 AM
"It's called blind ignorance. When confronted to be wrong, it will back into a corner and attempt to insult it's way out."

You're saying you're backed into a corner now? *laughs*
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#103BarneyBoscoPosted 1/2/2013 3:58:15 AM
Swearing does not offend me, but your opinion does you back peddling spinner LOL.
---
http://www.mykaussie.com/images/Tennis1.jpg
#104UndietakerPosted 1/2/2013 4:56:49 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
XMonkeySniperX posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
"They are both RPGS!"

No. Borderlands 2or 1 is an FPS with very very minimal RPG elements.

You call Borderlands 2 or 1 an RPG, you'd have to say all Call of Duty games are RPGs. They are not.

No I wouldn't have to say CoD is an RPG.

Borderlands 1, and 2 IS A RPG THOUGH.

Explain how. What, because of Skill trees? The token system in BL2?

Please. Do explain. Would love to hear this.

And what do you consider an RPG, then? Could you explain that, or should I start making condescending posts to attempt to make a point without actually saying anything of substance?

A straight up RPG does not incorporate elements from other games, such as First Person ones. Otherwise it's a hybrid and should be called as such. Much like if a Driving game incorporated XP and a skill tree system, it would be a Driving/RPG game.

By all means, say whatever you want.

You were doing ok before this post then you failed horribly...
You do realise all the first "rpgs" released were in the first person perspective right?
#105louis2828Posted 1/2/2013 4:58:55 AM
tales of graces F? no thanks....

game was booty....
#106edward_tPosted 1/2/2013 5:06:44 AM
I would just like to say that Ryuuhou and others who say the same are imo correct.
I've had bitter arguments about what is and what is not an RPG with my friends.

They are all wrong. There is a sickening tendency for people to call any fleshed out shooter an RPG nowadays. It makes me sick, the RPG genre is pretty much dead, apart for a few burps of games here and there. The glory days were the PS1 and PS2.

This is the age of the shooter for mostly non-gamers.
Wish gaming was less mainstream, or those gamers stuck to PC, because that's where you need to do your shooting anyways!
#107PhadinPosted 1/2/2013 5:24:57 AM
Being a long term RPG fan, I have to disagree. There was barely enough to average one a month, and some of them barely qualified as RPGs. (Borderlands 2, ME3...). I spent more time bored this past year then any of the last decade except perhaps 2011. We've long since fallen off the peak for year of the RPGs back in the PS2 era. Compared to the years then, this year was weak.
#108unknown2226Posted 1/2/2013 5:28:49 AM
Rather have a 100 shooters than more anime RPGs.
---
GTX 580 SLI - i5 2500k - 8GB RAM - Crucial M4 256GB - HX1050 - ASRock Z3X3 - HAF 912 - BenQ XL2420TX
#109ymdasePosted 1/2/2013 5:30:28 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Borderlands is an RPG now? *laughs* I love the games, but, seriously.....no. It's not an RPG.

this
#110il_capitanoPosted 1/2/2013 6:08:42 AM
2012 was the best year this generation if you are a RPG fan. We had games like:

Atelier
Tales of Graces F
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Borderlands 2
Kingdom of Amular
Guild Wars 2
Diablo 3
Mass Effect 3
XenoBlade Chronicles
Final Fantasy 13-2

Man 2012 was a great year for gaming for me. Hopefully this year we will get more quality games like Ni No Kuni.

All the rpgs in that list are complete garbage, save for Diablo 3 and GW2.
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12