This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2012 was definitely the year for RPGs!

#31xxghost12xx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 1:52:47 AM
Velvet_Hammer just let the guy believe what he wants to believe.

People just don't get it sometimes. LOL
---
PSN: [R3D]LiquidSnake3465 -- Site: official-R3D.forumotions.com FC: 4811-8101-5946
#32RyuuHou25Posted 1/2/2013 1:53:35 AM
xxghost12xx posted...
Velvet_Hammer just let the guy believe what he wants to believe.

People just don't get it sometimes. LOL

I get that you're naive and ignorant enough to call an FPS with RPG elements a straight up RPG. As is Velvet apparently.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#33zerooo0Posted 1/2/2013 1:56:00 AM(edited)
It wont change the fact that Borderlands IS A RPG.

Gosh RyuuHou25 is an ignoramus.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#34velvet_hammerPosted 1/2/2013 1:56:19 AM
zerooo0 posted...

Gosh RyuuHou25 is an ignoramus.

---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#35RyuuHou25Posted 1/2/2013 1:57:03 AM
zerooo0 posted...

Gosh RyuuHou25 is a ignoramus.

Then like I said, why not just start calling COD games RPGS? Nope, they're not FPS anymore, they're RPGs!!

Or GTA4! Action game, nooo, RPG!!!

And I'm the ignoramus *rolls eyes*

Hell, NHL games are now an RPG all, not a sports game, RPG. That's right. As are basketball, football, soccer.
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#36BokuxPicoPosted 1/2/2013 1:57:04 AM
Literally the only good RPGs from that list are Xenoblade and Tales of Graces F.
#37zerooo0Posted 1/2/2013 1:59:22 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Then like I said, why not just start calling COD games RPGS? Nope, they're not FPS anymore, they're RPGs!!

Hell, NHL games are now an RPG all, not a sports game, RPG. That's right. As are basketball, football, soccer.

Well you are actually. If your saying what I think your saying then the RPG term shouldn't even be used. We should just use FPS, Action game, TPS, ect to describe stuff. Which is moronic.

Unless you're one of those few that thinks SRPGs are the only true SRPGs which is a moronic mind set.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#38xxghost12xx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 2:00:43 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
zerooo0 posted...

One question Ryu.

Is Fallout 3 a FPS or an RPG?
---
PSN: [R3D]LiquidSnake3465 -- Site: official-R3D.forumotions.com FC: 4811-8101-5946
#39Gam3r777Posted 1/2/2013 2:02:41 AM
xxghost12xx posted...
2012 was the best year this generation if you are a RPG fan. We had games like:

Atelier
Tales of Graces F
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Borderlands 2
Kingdom of Amular
Guild Wars 2
Diablo 3
Mass Effect 3
XenoBlade Chronicles
Final Fantasy 13-2

Man 2012 was a great year for gaming for me. Hopefully this year we will get more quality games like Ni No Kuni.

XD I had to laugh at that list. You should go back and check out some of the PSOne classics. Now THOSE are rpg's.
#40RyuuHou25Posted 1/2/2013 2:04:33 AM
zerooo0 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Well you are actually. If your saying what I think your saying then the RPG term shouldn't even be used. We should just use FPS, Action game, TPS, ect to describe stuff. Which is moronic.

Unless you're one of those few that thinks SRPGs are the only true SRPGs which is a moronic mind set.

God damn, you and the other two are thick as bricks.

How do you think the term FPS, Action, TPS, SRPG, JRPG, Sports, Driving, Platformer, Puzzle, all of that came about?

It's to describe what type of game it is. Games are quite capable of crossing genres, like having a Platforming Puzzle RPG game, or a Driving game with FPS elements, or just mixing a whole bunch together.

In those case, like with BL 2, you then MIX THE GENRES IN THE NAME

Like "Yeah, that's a great FPS with RPG elements"

NOT "DURRRRRR, THIS IS BEST RPG EVER"

You three sound like those yahoos who just use the letter u to say "you" and then complain about it when people call you a dumbass for doing it "It sounds the same, you understood it, get off my back gramps!"
---