This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2012 was definitely the year for RPGs!

#61jubjub360Posted 1/2/2013 2:20:21 AM
Romangelo posted...
jubjub360 posted...
kewldude475 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
borderlands is more of an RPG then the last 2 FF games

You mean XIII 2 and Type-0?

He means the last two final fantasy games that were actually released outside of Japan.

FF3 PSP and FF4 iOS

Now you're just trolling. You know what he meant. The XIII garbage games. Did those games get a big retail release for home consoles?
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#62zerooo0Posted 1/2/2013 2:22:31 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
BTW

The only reason these people try to say Borderlands 1 & 2 are RPGs is because they are ashamed of liking FPS due to not wanting to be linked with the CoD/Halo dudebro crowd...

The same reason the Nintendo Metroid Prime fans refused to call them FPS back in the day and called them FPA (Firs Person Adventure). Same with Bioshock fans too

No sorry...MYST is a first person adventure.

Metroid Prime series, Bioshock series & Borderlands series are FPS

You want a true RPG that features guns thats not a FPS or TPS?

Resonance of Fate

If that's true then whats your view on Fallout 3?

I'm a FPS lover, and I don't care to linked to the FPS crowd, but Borderlands series is a FPSRPG hybrid. It's both RPG, and a FPS.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#63BoosterBurstPosted 1/2/2013 2:23:05 AM
if borderlands are rpgs then I am Bruce Springsteen. you may call me 'The Boss'.

all of tc's listed games are garbage except for tales and xenoblade
#64RyuuHou25Posted 1/2/2013 2:24:55 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
BTW

The only reason these people try to say Borderlands 1 & 2 are RPGs is because they are ashamed of liking FPS due to not wanting to be linked with the CoD/Halo dudebro crowd...

The same reason the Nintendo Metroid Prime fans refused to call them FPS back in the day and called them FPA (Firs Person Adventure). Same with Bioshock fans too

Resonance of Fate

I'm a FPS lover, and I don't care to linked to the FPS crowd, but Borderlands series is a FPSRPG hybrid. It's both RPG, and a FPS.

Uhhhh.....no no no, you and TC are both trying to save your asses now, you BOTH claimed they are RPGs. Straight up RPGs.

That's what I've been trying to get through your skull this whole time, and you just go and say it like it's nothing? Are you ******* serious?
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#65xxghost12xx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 2:28:35 AM
Either way it goes Borderlands 2 is an RPG! I don't care if its first-person or third- person. Its an RPG!
---
PSN: [R3D]LiquidSnake3465 -- Site: official-R3D.forumotions.com FC: 4811-8101-5946
#66zerooo0Posted 1/2/2013 2:32:11 AM(edited)
RyuuHou25 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
BTW

Resonance of Fate

Uhhhh.....no no no, you and TC are both trying to save your asses now, you BOTH claimed they are RPGs. Straight up RPGs.

That's what I've been trying to get through your skull this whole time, and you just go and say it like it's nothing? Are you ******* serious?

You said, and I quote"They're a FPS with minimal RPG ELEMENTS"

I never did say it wasn't a FPSRPG hybrid. YOU SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT BORDERLANDS IS NOT A RPG, BUT A FPS. I said you're wrong, and I did not specify that they're a FPSRPG Hybrid. Which I should have from the beginning.(Tired, and I don't even know why I'm still up this late)

BORDERLANDS IS BOTH FULL FORCE FPSRPG. IT HAS EVERYTHING IN THE CRITERIA TO MEET FPSRPG STANDARDS.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#67RyuuHou25Posted 1/2/2013 2:33:59 AM
zerooo0 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
BTW

Resonance of Fate

You said, and I quote"They're a FPS with minimal RPG ELEMENTS"

I never did say it wasn't a FPSRPG hybrid. YOU SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT BORDERLANDS IS NOT A RPG, BUT A FPS. I said you're wrong, and I did not specify that they're a FPSRPG Hybrid. Which I should have from the beginning.(Tired, and I don't even know why I'm still up this late)

BORDERLANDS IS BOTH FULL FORCE FPSRPG. IT HAS EVERYTHING IN THE CRITERIA TO MEET FPSRPG STANDARDS.

Please quote where I said it's an FPS and nothing but. Please. Because I never said such stupidity.
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#68jubjub360Posted 1/2/2013 2:34:10 AM
ITT: Ryuu still proves he's a spinner.
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#69RyuuHou25Posted 1/2/2013 2:38:23 AM
jubjub360 posted...
ITT: Ryuu still proves he's a spinner.

Right.....

Not my fault people say things akin to "This is an Orange!!" and then just want to ignore the fact that, hey, it's a fruit and get all pissy when someone points out as such.

Bad analogy, yes, but still.
---
#70XMonkeySniperXPosted 1/2/2013 2:41:50 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
"They are both RPGS!"

No. Borderlands 2or 1 is an FPS with very very minimal RPG elements.

You call Borderlands 2 or 1 an RPG, you'd have to say all Call of Duty games are RPGs. They are not.

No I wouldn't have to say CoD is an RPG.

Borderlands 1, and 2 IS A RPG THOUGH.

Explain how. What, because of Skill trees? The token system in BL2?

Please. Do explain. Would love to hear this.

And what do you consider an RPG, then? Could you explain that, or should I start making condescending posts to attempt to make a point without actually saying anything of substance?
---
PSN: MasamuneMonkey
"I'm the warrior of love and rage, Black Frost!"