This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there such as lack of Jews/Jewish culture in videogames?

#311NilakanthaPosted 1/3/2013 5:45:38 PM
Nintendological posted...
GenjiRed posted...

Don't waist your time with that idiot, he has an anti-Black agenda, so I just ignore him.

Now that is just too funny. I'm sure they won't "waist" their time, but perhaps they can waste their time. Do you put belts around your "waste" and throw your "waist" in the dumpster?

Typographical errors are one thing, but you can't even use the contextually appropriate word to further your argument. I bet every "mourning" you put on your favorite "pear" of shoes and go to your favorite restaurant to eat a bowl of "chilly."

The audacity of someone calling someone else an idiot when they can't even navigate the use of homophones. Isn't that a grade school lesson?

Also, you missed show and tell. I'm very pro-Black (but not at the expense of being anti-<insert non-Black ethnic groups). I in fact favor foreign exchange (not just the hip hop group) of culture and ideas. But if you can't understand that in a thread discussing real world race and ethnicity, that a bunny woman belonging to a fictional non-human race is an irrelevant example of Blackness in a game, then you are in for a rather painful life experience. Then again, they say that ignorance is bliss, so perhaps you live the joyed life of a fool. I bet you thought Mr. Popo from Dragon Ball was also Black...

In his defense you did call him an idiot first. Also Mr. Popo does not share any features that would even remotely be acknowledge as African or Black origins. Also there are such things as typos, so that kind made you look bad on this part. Also please don't make walls of text. Now can we all get along.
#312NintendologicalPosted 1/3/2013 6:10:19 PM
Nilakantha posted...

In his defense you did call him an idiot first...Now can we all get along.

Actually, I didn't insult him first. I did say that his view was myopic, but I didn't insult him. He brought up Fran as an example, which I said was unacceptable because she isn't Black. He brought up her skin tone and attempted to accuse me of being anti-Black. He even said my argument about her being non-human was laughable (which makes no sense as a rebuttal). I then bring up that her in-game racial designation is Viera, and she is thus not a Black character.

GenjiRed went on a long rant about his supposed wife and how I am anti-Black and have never seen a Black woman before etc etc. After that much idiocy and condescending rhetoric, I can't help but call an idiot an idiot. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...However, we certainly can get along. I've presented enough facts, logical arguments and proof of my ethnic affiliation. Any additional arguing on my part would indeed make me look bad.
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#313spectermaster14Posted 1/3/2013 6:12:47 PM
All jokes aside, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. Nimdok's scenario. Very good stuff.
#314NilakanthaPosted 1/3/2013 6:19:33 PM
Nintendological posted...
Nilakantha posted...

In his defense you did call him an idiot first...Now can we all get along.

Actually, I didn't insult him first. I did say that his view was myopic, but I didn't insult him. He brought up Fran as an example, which I said was unacceptable because she isn't Black. He brought up her skin tone and attempted to accuse me of being anti-Black. He even said my argument about her being non-human was laughable (which makes no sense as a rebuttal). I then bring up that her in-game racial designation is Viera, and she is thus not a Black character.

GenjiRed went on a long rant about his supposed wife and how I am anti-Black and have never seen a Black woman before etc etc. After that much idiocy and condescending rhetoric, I can't help but call an idiot an idiot. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...However, we certainly can get along. I've presented enough facts, logical arguments and proof of my ethnic affiliation. Any additional arguing on my part would indeed make me look bad.

Actually you both were not looking great and there are no facts, just opinions. You can argue all you want, but you are arguing base on your personal perception of Fran and so is he and many others who view certain characters. So therefore there is no win to something that is a belief and not a fact. So the best thing to do is let things go and walk away.
#315NintendologicalPosted 1/3/2013 7:02:43 PM
Actually, Fran's race is factual. You can't agree or disagree with facts. They are just facts. When Genji asked me what race Fran is if not Black, I responded properly and said that she is Viera. Black is an oversimplified racial designation. As such, Viera is a racial designation and it is the one given to her in game. Black is not simply a skin descriptor. If that were the case, then aboriginals in Australia and Vanuatu from Melanesia would also be "black people" and they are not. They are a dark skinned people, but they are not African descendants (to which the term Black references).

There is no simply saying "it's opinion" as a means of side-stepping the factual nature of the statement or to bolster a weak argument. Fran has brown skin. I can't disagree with that. Her phenotype is African? Wholly and rightfully deniable. Her race is "Black"? Not even remotely given the fact that her own game tells the user what her racial designation is.

This is tantamount to calling a daddy long legs or a tick, a spider, simply because of shared arachnid features. Humanoid with brown skin != Black person. That would be like calling Dolza from Macross a Black person, even though he is a 50 foot tall Zentradi. But hey, he's humanoid and has brown skin. Gotta be Black, right?

The horse is dead my friend lol.
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#316SCAMaz0nPosted 1/3/2013 8:42:29 PM(edited)
Any positive depiction of Jews= 'OMG the Zionists are taking over'
leaving everything as is= things are OK.

Funny how reality works to some people.

(Now I know why, when I was working on an assignment for historical Jewish art I received so few replies to the Jewish people I contacted.)
#317jrr18Posted 1/3/2013 8:37:09 PM
SCAMaz0n posted...
this entire thread...

...........................................________
....................................,.-...................``~.,
.............................,.-...................................-.,
.........................,/...............................................:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../
...,,,___.\`~,......~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

captain picard really? well at least you did't put Kirk.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#318SightoPosted 1/4/2013 12:23:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#319bsballa09Posted 1/4/2013 12:38:41 PM
Sighto posted...
Apparently someone didn't like my Mario post.

Why is Jews hoarding money offensive?
That's one of the few positive stereotypes.

Do you know where that stereotype comes from?
---
Put this in your sig if you will never buy another COD game again.
#320SightoPosted 1/4/2013 12:58:44 PM
Yes, but I'm not chained down by the past.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif