This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there such as lack of Jews/Jewish culture in videogames?

#321bsballa09Posted 1/4/2013 1:03:32 PM
Sighto posted...
Yes, but I'm not chained down by the past.

Why is saying all Black people like chicken is a negative thing? Chicken is good. Clearly it's not racist!
---
Put this in your sig if you will never buy another COD game again.
#322NintendologicalPosted 1/4/2013 3:20:15 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Sighto posted...

Why is saying all Black people like chicken is a negative thing? Chicken is good. Clearly it's not racist!

Even though that statement is true on the surface (there should be indeed nothing wrong with a group of people having a general preference for a food that is also enjoyed widely by others), the nature of the offense stems from the perceptions associated with that statement, rather than the statement itself. It stems from the minstrel show era in which White actors and actresses would dress in blackface and mock Black people and Black American culture. Black eating habits were portrayed to be uncouth and the stigmatized foods (watermelon and chicken) were shown to elate Black people in the same way that food elates a savage beast. So while liking chicken should be no problem, the history of the stereotype is a problem.
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#323bsballa09Posted 1/4/2013 4:15:48 PM
So while liking chicken should be no problem, the history of the stereotype is a problem.

Which is my point.
---
#3241hurricanePosted 1/4/2013 5:08:26 PM
StarGoy posted...

Arabs just fight.

What I like about this site is the hypocrisy. Any comment that could be perceived as distasteful towards jews is immediately stricken and bombarded. But ignorant comments such as the one above go unchallenged.
#325kuwab0Posted 1/4/2013 5:14:29 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Sighto posted...

Black people have had it worse.
#326knuxnolePosted 1/4/2013 5:15:11 PM
Who cares about Jews in games?
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#327Zexion_FantasyPosted 1/4/2013 5:34:37 PM
I got bored at page 5, sadly.
#328bsballa09Posted 1/4/2013 5:46:31 PM
kuwab0 posted...
bsballa09 posted...
Sighto posted...

Black people have had it worse.

You don't know history, do you?
---
#329bsballa09Posted 1/4/2013 5:49:34 PM
1hurricane posted...
StarGoy posted...

Arabs just fight.

What I like about this site is the hypocrisy. Any comment that could be perceived as distasteful towards jews is immediately stricken and bombarded. But ignorant comments such as the one above go unchallenged.

How many accounts do you have?
---
#3301hurricanePosted 1/4/2013 5:51:15 PM
bsballa09 posted...
1hurricane posted...
StarGoy posted...

Arabs just fight.

How many accounts do you have?

One.