This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there such as lack of Jews/Jewish culture in videogames?

#41xxghost12xxPosted 1/2/2013 5:50:51 PM
bsballa09 posted...
^^^

Lol.

I just wanted to argue. LOL no hard feelings for the Jewish culture.
---
PSN: [R3D]LiquidSnake3465 -- Site: official-R3D.forumotions.com FC: 4811-8101-5946
#42PhewfusPosted 1/2/2013 5:51:57 PM
There's some references to Judaism in the original Silent Hill game for PS1, like the mark of Samael and the seal of Metatron .
#43xxghost12xxPosted 1/2/2013 5:53:30 PM
Sophistication posted...
xxghost12xx posted...
Sophistication posted...
xxghost12xx posted...
Don't enough movies and T.V.shows have Jewish culture?

Could the same not be said abour blacks and whites?

I watched a movie where it was about a school in L.A. that was poor and couldn't pass there state tests with good scores. For some reason there was not a jewish kid in sight, the movie was about Mexicans and African-Americans fighting each other. Out of nowhere the teacher in the movie makes the kids read Diary of Anne Frank and for some reason this book brings the two minorities together.

My point is Jewish influence was forced into the movie for no reason. I don't understand how Diary of Anne Frank can bring Mexicans and African-Americans together. Yea the Jewish people had to deal with the Halocaust wah cry me a river. Native Americans had to deal with mass genocide and there land was taken, why couldn't the movie be about them or the africans dealing with slavery? Oh wait! The movie industry is showered in Jewish influence.

So you think the Holocaust is just no big deal? Really? You wanna know about racism? My grandfather, survived the holocaust by the way, would tell me of signs being posted on the beaches of Deer-field where it said "no jews allowed". He has a picture of him standing by one...

Blacks had it tougher than Jews? Really? You don't think Jew's not only suffered mass genocide, but slavery, too? We suffered plenty and so what if Hollywood is controlled by Jews -- We are the most talented people on the planet. Deal with it.

I'm not saying its not a big deal I'm saying that the Jewish people are not the only culture to go through hardships. Many other cultures had to deal with this also hence the Mayans.

I also did not mention that blacks had it tougher than Jews so don't pull me into that ****storm.
---
PSN: [R3D]LiquidSnake3465 -- Site: official-R3D.forumotions.com FC: 4811-8101-5946
#44OfficeChairPosted 1/2/2013 5:54:16 PM
bsballa09 posted...
OfficeChair posted...
xxghost12xx posted...

this lol. for the amount of people that are actually jewish in our country you see an uneven ratio of portrayal in the media.

studies show that there's like... anywhere from 100k-6mil jews in america.

that's less than gay people.

And?

AND I was agreeing with what I quoted. does that not make sense to you?
---
this topic is ruined
[i really hate classic rock]
#45SophisticationPosted 1/2/2013 5:55:08 PM
xxghost, I had to delete my post because it became a little heated and might've been considered out of line -- but since you quoted it, I'll respond to you.

I was trying to say you were lobbying yourself one way or another -- I was speaking it in general as a board thing. I deleted it because I didn't want to target you or make it seem as if I was. I do apologize.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#46bsballa09Posted 1/2/2013 5:55:11 PM
AND I was agreeing with what I quoted. does that not make sense to you

It's funny you think things need to be proportioned in life. What is this, kindergarten?
---
Put this in your sig if you will never buy another COD game again.
#47chrombotPosted 1/2/2013 5:55:19 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but mostly, we need a good multiplayer x-men game this gen.
#48GenjiRedPosted 1/2/2013 5:57:30 PM
Sophistication posted...
xxghost12xx posted...
Sophistication posted...
xxghost12xx posted...

Could the same not be said abour blacks and whites?

I watched a movie where it was about a school in L.A. that was poor and couldn't pass there state tests with good scores. For some reason there was not a jewish kid in sight, the movie was about Mexicans and African-Americans fighting each other. Out of nowhere the teacher in the movie makes the kids read Diary of Anne Frank and for some reason this book brings the two minorities together.

My point is Jewish influence was forced into the movie for no reason. I don't understand how Diary of Anne Frank can bring Mexicans and African-Americans together. Yea the Jewish people had to deal with the Halocaust wah cry me a river. Native Americans had to deal with mass genocide and there land was taken, why couldn't the movie be about them or the africans dealing with slavery? Oh wait! The movie industry is showered in Jewish influence.

So you think the Holocaust is just no big deal? Really? You wanna know about racism? My grandfather, survived the holocaust by the way, would tell me of signs being posted on the beaches of Deer-field where it said "no jews allowed". He has a picture of him standing by one...

Blacks had it tougher than Jews? Really? You don't think Jew's not only suffered mass genocide, but slavery, too? We suffered plenty and so what if Hollywood is controlled by Jews -- We are the most talented people on the planet. Deal with it.

Uh, slow your roll there partner, there is a huge different between what happened to Jews and African, like the stripping of culture, language, religion, and everything that was who they were. Jews still have their cultural heritages and languages plus religion. African do not have that as they have been stripped of it during slavery. Also during slavery, all of Africa's strongest workers and intelligence people were enslaved and brought to the Americas leaving behind a continent of suffering. I'm not black, just a history fanatic.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#49xxghost12xxPosted 1/2/2013 5:58:32 PM
Sophistication posted...
xxghost, I had to delete my post because it became a little heated and might've been considered out of line -- but since you quoted it, I'll respond to you.

I was trying to say you were lobbying yourself one way or another -- I was speaking it in general as a board thing. I deleted it because I didn't want to target you or make it seem as if I was. I do apologize.

Its cool man no hard feelings. I never felt like you were targeting me, we are all just discussing a topic. I apologize about what I said about the Halocaust.
---
#50bsballa09Posted 1/2/2013 5:59:36 PM
Uh, slow your roll there partner, there is a huge different between what happened to Jews and African, like the stripping of culture, language, religion, and everything that was who they were. Jews still have their cultural heritages and languages plus religion. African do not have that as they have been stripped of it during slavery. Also during slavery, all of Africa's strongest workers and intelligence people were enslaved and brought to the Americas leaving behind a continent of suffering. I'm not black, just a history fanatic.

You do realize there are still Africans in Africa who still have the same language, culture and religion there now as they did 300 years ago, right?
---
Put this in your sig if you will never buy another COD game again.