This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there such as lack of Jews/Jewish culture in videogames?

#51StarGoyPosted 1/2/2013 5:59:47 PM
Yeah, I'm proud he deleted that post. Don't take victimhood of supremacy into supremacy. Or you'll become what you profess to detest. Case in point, saying one ethnicity is more talented than this or that.
#52GenjiRedPosted 1/2/2013 6:04:04 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Uh, slow your roll there partner, there is a huge different between what happened to Jews and African, like the stripping of culture, language, religion, and everything that was who they were. Jews still have their cultural heritages and languages plus religion. African do not have that as they have been stripped of it during slavery. Also during slavery, all of Africa's strongest workers and intelligence people were enslaved and brought to the Americas leaving behind a continent of suffering. I'm not black, just a history fanatic.

You do realize there are still Africans in Africa who still have the same language, culture and religion there now as they did 300 years ago, right?

You do realize that these very Africans are being murdered, killed and burned alive for using there ancient languages, cultures, and religions right? Have you ever lived in Sudan, Kenya, Ethiopia, or Somalia? Well I have and seen things that would make you proud to be able to live in freedom.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#53mw2boosterlolzPosted 1/2/2013 6:04:56 PM
"We are the most talented people on the planet."

Really? This is the kind of snobby elitism which annoys people. Feel free to back up that statement with some examples.

Talented people are found among all races/cultures. Just belonging to a particular group doesn't make one superior to or inferior to another.
#54SophisticationPosted 1/2/2013 6:05:53 PM
GenjiRed posted...
bsballa09 posted...
Uh, slow your roll there partner, there is a huge different between what happened to Jews and African, like the stripping of culture, language, religion, and everything that was who they were. Jews still have their cultural heritages and languages plus religion. African do not have that as they have been stripped of it during slavery. Also during slavery, all of Africa's strongest workers and intelligence people were enslaved and brought to the Americas leaving behind a continent of suffering. I'm not black, just a history fanatic.

You do realize there are still Africans in Africa who still have the same language, culture and religion there now as they did 300 years ago, right?

You do realize that these very Africans are being murdered, killed and burned alive for using there ancient languages, cultures, and religions right? Have you ever lived in Sudan, Kenya, Ethiopia, or Somalia? Well I have and seen things that would make you proud to be able to live in freedom.

What does living in Sudan have to do with living in america?
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#55bsballa09Posted 1/2/2013 6:06:46 PM

And what does any of that have to do with slavery 300 years ago?
---
Put this in your sig if you will never buy another COD game again.
#56OfficeChairPosted 1/2/2013 6:07:00 PM
bsballa09 posted...
AND I was agreeing with what I quoted. does that not make sense to you

It's funny you think things need to be proportioned in life. What is this, kindergarten?

Uh...? I don't know what you're talking about.

jewish characters shouldn't be crammed into games just for the sake of representation. that's called "tokenism" and it's just as offensive as racism.
---
this topic is ruined
[i really hate classic rock]
#57SophisticationPosted 1/2/2013 6:07:28 PM
mw2boosterlolz posted...
"We are the most talented people on the planet."

Really? This is the kind of snobby elitism which annoys people. Feel free to back up that statement with some examples.

Talented people are found among all races/cultures. Just belonging to a particular group doesn't make one superior to or inferior to another.

Hollywood is operated by the Jews... hell, even MJ converted. And he didu do it for the jokes.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#58OfficeChairPosted 1/2/2013 6:08:20 PM
bsballa09 posted...

And what does any of that have to do with slavery 300 years ago?

hey next time you post actually make an argument instead of posting strawman after strawman.
---
this topic is ruined
[i really hate classic rock]
#59GrandpaShufflePosted 1/2/2013 6:08:21 PM
Probably because Jews comprise about 0.2% of the world's population and less than 2% of the US population... not exactly a big target audience.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SpiderWomp-1665/hero/11400803
#60thisranksPosted 1/2/2013 6:09:50 PM
Space_Monky posted...
Sophistication posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...
Sophistication posted...
I certainly concur... lots of blacks, gays and asains. Not many Jewish or Native American folk. Time for a change.

lots of blacks lol where? in sports, sterotypical roles? nah video games have barely done a thing for black customers

And they certainly have done less for my demograph...

trolls?
i see them in plenty of games.

LMFAO !!! This is a win post.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW