This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there such as lack of Jews/Jewish culture in videogames?

#61bsballa09Posted 1/2/2013 6:09:56 PM
Uh...? I don't know what you're talking about.

What you said:

this lol. for the amount of people that are actually jewish in our country you see an uneven ratio of portrayal in the media.

studies show that there's like... anywhere from 100k-6mil jews in america.

that's less than gay people.

So since Jews make up about 2% of the population of the United States, they should only be represented in 2% of anything in the media?
---
Put this in your sig if you will never buy another COD game again.
#62xxghost12xxPosted 1/2/2013 6:10:48 PM(edited)
If anyone wants to watch the the movie I was talking about its called "Freedom Writers."
---
PSN: [R3D]LiquidSnake3465 -- Site: official-R3D.forumotions.com FC: 4811-8101-5946
#63GenjiRedPosted 1/2/2013 6:10:50 PM
bsballa09 posted...
You do realize that these very Africans are being murdered, killed and burned alive for using there ancient languages, cultures, and religions right? Have you ever lived in Sudan, Kenya, Ethiopia, or Somalia? Well I have and seen things that would make you proud to be able to live in freedom.

And what does any of that have to do with slavery 300 years ago?

Uh, because when you enslave someone you strip them of their language, culture, and religion. Did you know that when slaves tried to read and write, they were killed for it?
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#64bsballa09Posted 1/2/2013 6:12:11 PM
hey next time you post actually make an argument instead of posting strawman after strawman.

Next time know what the hell you're talking about. Civil wars today in Africa have nothing to do with slavery 300 years ago. Colonialism can't be used as an excuse forever.
---
#65bsballa09Posted 1/2/2013 6:12:55 PM
Uh, because when you enslave someone you strip them of their language, culture, and religion. Did you know that when slaves tried to read and write, they were killed for it?

I will repeat. What does that have to do with slavery 300 years ago?
---
#66Valnor50Posted 1/2/2013 6:13:41 PM
We have this weird aura in our culture where we're not allowed to talk about Jews, good or bad. It's even worse than discussing politics, religion, or black people.
#67xxghost12xxPosted 1/2/2013 6:14:13 PM
bsballa09 posted...
hey next time you post actually make an argument instead of posting strawman after strawman.

Next time know what the hell you're talking about. Civil wars today in Africa have nothing to do with slavery 300 years ago. Colonialism can't be used as an excuse forever.

Actually technically it does ever since Europe divided Africa into tiny bits the africans have been fighting each other over territory.
---
PSN: [R3D]LiquidSnake3465 -- Site: official-R3D.forumotions.com FC: 4811-8101-5946
#68SophisticationPosted 1/2/2013 6:14:24 PM
GenjiRed posted...
bsballa09 posted...
You do realize that these very Africans are being murdered, killed and burned alive for using there ancient languages, cultures, and religions right? Have you ever lived in Sudan, Kenya, Ethiopia, or Somalia? Well I have and seen things that would make you proud to be able to live in freedom.

And what does any of that have to do with slavery 300 years ago?

You have been watching Roots again, haven't ya? February is coming up... you will get to experience it all month long.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#69bsballa09Posted 1/2/2013 6:14:35 PM
Valnor50 posted...
We have this weird aura in our culture where we're not allowed to talk about Jews, good or bad. It's even worse than discussing politics, religion, or black people.

And yet we are doing it now.
---
#70OfficeChairPosted 1/2/2013 6:14:43 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Uh...? I don't know what you're talking about.

What you said:

this lol. for the amount of people that are actually jewish in our country you see an uneven ratio of portrayal in the media.

studies show that there's like... anywhere from 100k-6mil jews in america.

that's less than gay people.

So since Jews make up about 2% of the population of the United States, they should only be represented in 2% of anything in the media?

so they should be represented for the sake of being represented? AKA tokenism? or should they be represented because the writers want to over express the importance of their own ethnicity/religion? AKA the disproportionate amount of jewish characters and reference in comparison to the actual population of people that are ethnically/religiously jewish in American media?

I'm not saying they should make up 2% of media portrayal because that's idiotic and arbitrary. I'm just agreeing that there's ton of jewish portrayal in TV and movies.
---
this topic is ruined
[i really hate classic rock]