This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there such as lack of Jews/Jewish culture in videogames?

#71duorinPosted 1/2/2013 6:15:36 PM
bsballa09 posted...
hey next time you post actually make an argument instead of posting strawman after strawman.

Next time know what the hell you're talking about. Civil wars today in Africa have nothing to do with slavery 300 years ago. Colonialism can't be used as an excuse forever.

You seriously need to watch some documentaries about Africa or something because it you believe that, then you should probably move to the whitiest place on Earth and stay there. I'm suggesting Antarctica.
#72OfficeChairPosted 1/2/2013 6:16:08 PM
bsballa09 posted...
hey next time you post actually make an argument instead of posting strawman after strawman.

Next time know what the hell you're talking about. Civil wars today in Africa have nothing to do with slavery 300 years ago. Colonialism can't be used as an excuse forever.

hey look, you're making another strawman

I wasn't AGREEING or DISAGREEING with the argument at hand. I was just saying that ALL you're doing is using cheap rhetorical devices to (Not) make a point.
---
this topic is ruined
[i really hate classic rock]
#73mw2boosterlolzPosted 1/2/2013 6:17:19 PM
Sophistication posted...
mw2boosterlolz posted...
"We are the most talented people on the planet."

Really? This is the kind of snobby elitism which annoys people. Feel free to back up that statement with some examples.

Talented people are found among all races/cultures. Just belonging to a particular group doesn't make one superior to or inferior to another.

Hollywood is operated by the Jews... hell, even MJ converted. And he didu do it for the jokes.

That makes your people the most talented in the world? MJ = Michael Jackson? Hah. He wasn't of your faith.
#74duorinPosted 1/2/2013 6:17:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#75xxghost12xxPosted 1/2/2013 6:20:45 PM
This was a horrible topic.

2 things you never talk about in public Religion and Politics.
---
PSN: [R3D]LiquidSnake3465 -- Site: official-R3D.forumotions.com FC: 4811-8101-5946
#76SophisticationPosted 1/2/2013 6:20:51 PM
mw2boosterlolz posted...
Sophistication posted...
mw2boosterlolz posted...
"We are the most talented people on the planet."

Really? This is the kind of snobby elitism which annoys people. Feel free to back up that statement with some examples.

Talented people are found among all races/cultures. Just belonging to a particular group doesn't make one superior to or inferior to another.

Hollywood is operated by the Jews... hell, even MJ converted. And he didu do it for the jokes.

That makes your people the most talented in the world? MJ = Michael Jackson? Hah. He wasn't of your faith.

He converted for a reason... he knew what was up.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#77bsballa09Posted 1/2/2013 6:20:57 PM
Actually technically it does ever since Europe divided Africa into tiny bits the africans have been fighting each other over territory.

Can't use colonialism as an excuse forever. It's funny you think that Africans never fought each other before colonialism. For a "history fanatic", you sure don't know about the wars Africans had over territory, resources and just plain dominance before colonialism. There were African kingdoms that completely wiped out weaker African nations because they were different.
---
Put this in your sig if you will never buy another COD game again.
#78xxghost12xxPosted 1/2/2013 6:22:19 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Actually technically it does ever since Europe divided Africa into tiny bits the africans have been fighting each other over territory.

Can't use colonialism as an excuse forever. It's funny you think that Africans never fought each other before colonialism. For a "history fanatic", you sure don't know about the wars Africans had over territory, resources and just plain dominance before colonialism. There were African kingdoms that completely wiped out weaker African nations because they were different.

Name these so called African kingdoms. LOL
---
PSN: [R3D]LiquidSnake3465 -- Site: official-R3D.forumotions.com FC: 4811-8101-5946
#79bsballa09Posted 1/2/2013 6:22:28 PM
I'm not saying they should make up 2% of media portrayal because that's idiotic and arbitrary. I'm just agreeing that there's ton of jewish portrayal in TV and movies.

No ones forcing you to watch them.

hey look, you're making another strawman

I wasn't AGREEING or DISAGREEING with the argument at hand. I was just saying that ALL you're doing is using cheap rhetorical devices to (Not) make a point.

It's funny that you don't know what the logical fallacies you're using means lol.
---
#80bsballa09Posted 1/2/2013 6:24:01 PM
You seriously need to watch some documentaries about Africa or something because it you believe that, then you should probably move to the whitiest place on Earth and stay there. I'm suggesting Antarctica.

Colonialism can't be used as an excuse forever. The violence after colonialism ended was a result of colonialism. Generations later, it's not an excuse.
---