This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry Xbox, but PSN is much better than Live

#11OmegaPosted 1/2/2013 8:50:15 PM
Sorry Atari, but Sega does what Nintendont.
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#12MacBookAirPosted 1/2/2013 8:50:41 PM
mmpepsi posted...
zyrax2301 posted...
The free service has a lot of merit, but the interface (XMB) is nowhere near as fast or intuitive as...whatever the 360 calls theirs.

Example:

You earn a trophy in a PS3 game. You press the Home button - you have to navigate to your Network tab, wait for the icons to load, open up the game you're playing and search the list to find out what you just did.

You earn an achievement on the 360. You press the 360 button and you're instantly looking at what you just did.

The PS3's XMB is still a lumbering piece of s*** after all this time, and they've just made it even worse in the latest update. It's mind-boggling.

No it's not. It does that with trophies, but I've never had any issues with anything else.

Not to mention the 360 dashboard is just ads, ads, ads, ads, ads.

Aside from party chat (which I never used anyways since I always use Skype when gaming with friends) it has nothing PSN doesn't besides a $60 fee.

Have you used the 360 Dashboard? There's very few ads ever and and they're pretty small.
---
"Sweet Kitty, Sweet Kitty, send your topics unto me..." - Lord-Sheogorath
#13WrestlinFanPosted 1/2/2013 8:50:52 PM
Quote:Being a Sony fan for so long, but recently just getting a 360 I can say Live is so much better.

Better Apps
Xbox Live Gold > PS+ (I have both though so I'm good)
SmartGlass is pretty cool
Achievements track the same way trophies do and also score you
XBL Rewards
Much better and easier social interface
Freedom of icon & avatar
Party Chat & Beacons
MUCH better notification system
Integration with Messenger and soon Skype
Access from Phone, Tablet, and Computer
Hosts its own servers, resulting in much more stable online than PSN
Better Store transactions (I used to think Microsoft points were stupid but they make everything even)
Also canceling Live renewal is easy. Settings -> Account -> Manage Live -> Cancel Renewal

PSN need to up its game next gen.

Plus, if you can't do $60 you must be really cheap/poor. Just get Xbox Live cards.

@MacBookAir

Sorry not every one is in as good as a financial position as you. Some people just can't afford XBL so PSN is better to them.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.9
#14Boneca91Posted 1/2/2013 8:51:57 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
We knew all that already.

---
PSN:GenkiMGP
#15MacBookAirPosted 1/2/2013 8:51:57 PM
WrestlinFan posted...
Quote:Being a Sony fan for so long, but recently just getting a 360 I can say Live is so much better.

Better Apps
Xbox Live Gold > PS+ (I have both though so I'm good)
SmartGlass is pretty cool
Achievements track the same way trophies do and also score you
XBL Rewards
Much better and easier social interface
Freedom of icon & avatar
Party Chat & Beacons
MUCH better notification system
Integration with Messenger and soon Skype
Access from Phone, Tablet, and Computer
Hosts its own servers, resulting in much more stable online than PSN
Better Store transactions (I used to think Microsoft points were stupid but they make everything even)
Also canceling Live renewal is easy. Settings -> Account -> Manage Live -> Cancel Renewal

PSN need to up its game next gen.

Plus, if you can't do $60 you must be really cheap/poor. Just get Xbox Live cards.

@MacBookAir

Sorry not every one is in as good as a financial position as you. Some people just can't afford XBL so PSN is better to them.

I wouldn't pay for Live. I don't pay for PSN either. I ask for PS+ or Live cards for Birthday/Christmas.

Even still $60 is barely a dent if you're able to afford a $300 console and internet.
---
"Sweet Kitty, Sweet Kitty, send your topics unto me..." - Lord-Sheogorath
#16zyrax2301Posted 1/2/2013 8:53:53 PM
mmpepsi posted...
zyrax2301 posted...
The free service has a lot of merit, but the interface (XMB) is nowhere near as fast or intuitive as...whatever the 360 calls theirs.

Example:

You earn a trophy in a PS3 game. You press the Home button - you have to navigate to your Network tab, wait for the icons to load, open up the game you're playing and search the list to find out what you just did.

You earn an achievement on the 360. You press the 360 button and you're instantly looking at what you just did.

The PS3's XMB is still a lumbering piece of s*** after all this time, and they've just made it even worse in the latest update. It's mind-boggling.

No it's not. It does that with trophies, but I've never had any issues with anything else.

No it's not what? I don't understand what you're arguing against here. Unless something has changed with the 360 recently, my comparison is spot-on.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#17HIroChuPosted 1/2/2013 8:54:07 PM
-sigh- I've seen enough fan wars today
#18brycemorrPosted 1/2/2013 8:58:08 PM
zyrax2301 posted...

Example:

I hate the xboxs OS it suck the design is just horred difficult to navigate where as the PS3 is simple and easy
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#19PendragoonPosted 1/2/2013 8:58:26 PM
Call me when Microsoft starts hosting dedicated servers for all online games. If I am paying to play online it had better actually be better and not identical to the free service. Also, I am paying for your service, stop with all the ads. Also, I shouldn't need Gold to use Netflix, that is just stupid.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#20dj___rollPosted 1/2/2013 8:58:29 PM
Quote:mmpepsi posted...
zyrax2301 posted...

Example:

Not to mention the 360 dashboard is just ads, ads, ads, ads, ads.

Aside from party chat (which I never used anyways since I always use Skype when gaming with friends) it has nothing PSN doesn't besides a $60 fee.

Have you used the 360 Dashboard? There's very few ads ever and and they're pretty small.

@MacBookAir
The 360 dash has a ton of ads. I don't get why people still try to downplay it. The ps3 dash is cleaner and easier to navigate. The 360's is quicker and has better social option (party chat). They both have the pros and cons. No need to sugarcoat it.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10