This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry Xbox, but PSN is much better than Live

#21mmpepsiPosted 1/2/2013 9:00:48 PM
MacBookAir posted...
mmpepsi posted...
zyrax2301 posted...
The free service has a lot of merit, but the interface (XMB) is nowhere near as fast or intuitive as...whatever the 360 calls theirs.

Example:

You earn a trophy in a PS3 game. You press the Home button - you have to navigate to your Network tab, wait for the icons to load, open up the game you're playing and search the list to find out what you just did.

You earn an achievement on the 360. You press the 360 button and you're instantly looking at what you just did.

The PS3's XMB is still a lumbering piece of s*** after all this time, and they've just made it even worse in the latest update. It's mind-boggling.

No it's not. It does that with trophies, but I've never had any issues with anything else.

Not to mention the 360 dashboard is just ads, ads, ads, ads, ads.

Aside from party chat (which I never used anyways since I always use Skype when gaming with friends) it has nothing PSN doesn't besides a $60 fee.

Have you used the 360 Dashboard? There's very few ads ever and and they're pretty small.

I sure have. Up until I got rid of my 360 earlier this year because the pages of ads annoyed me. XMB is just cleaner and to the point. First time I updated my 360 to the new dash I had to search for how to start a game. That's just wrong on a gaming system.
#22MacBookAirPosted 1/2/2013 9:03:39 PM(edited)
dj___roll posted...
Quote:mmpepsi posted...
zyrax2301 posted...
The free service has a lot of merit, but the interface (XMB) is nowhere near as fast or intuitive as...whatever the 360 calls theirs.

Example:

You earn a trophy in a PS3 game. You press the Home button - you have to navigate to your Network tab, wait for the icons to load, open up the game you're playing and search the list to find out what you just did.

You earn an achievement on the 360. You press the 360 button and you're instantly looking at what you just did.

The PS3's XMB is still a lumbering piece of s*** after all this time, and they've just made it even worse in the latest update. It's mind-boggling.

No it's not. It does that with trophies, but I've never had any issues with anything else.

Not to mention the 360 dashboard is just ads, ads, ads, ads, ads.

Aside from party chat (which I never used anyways since I always use Skype when gaming with friends) it has nothing PSN doesn't besides a $60 fee.

Have you used the 360 Dashboard? There's very few ads ever and and they're pretty small.

@MacBookAir
The 360 dash has a ton of ads. I don't get why people still try to downplay it. The ps3 dash is cleaner and easier to navigate. The 360's is quicker and has better social option (party chat). They both have the pros and cons. No need to sugarcoat it.

Do you have an Xbox 360? There's barely any ads at all, unless you're talking about what you see on the Home Page which is equivalent to the What's New page on PS3.

PENDRAG0ON posted...
Call me when Microsoft starts hosting dedicated servers for all online games. If I am paying to play online it had better actually be better and not identical to the free service. Also, I am paying for your service, stop with all the ads. Also, I shouldn't need Gold to use Netflix, that is just stupid.

Microsoft does, PSN doesn't. The ads are so minimal I really don't understand why people are complaining, but yes I totally agree on the Netflix thing. So stupid.

----
Really topics like this should be limited to people who have both.

---
"Sweet Kitty, Sweet Kitty, send your topics unto me..." - Lord-Sheogorath
#23AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/2/2013 9:02:11 PM
Damien doesn't own a 360 so his opinion is kind of garbage on this subject.
---
Now Playing:Persona 4 Golden (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Zero Escape (3DS), Wipeout 2048 (Vita) Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Run (PS3)
#24ExtremeLightPosted 1/2/2013 9:03:30 PM
Guys? I give you Playstation Home. The best thing PSN users can ask for.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#25AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/2/2013 9:04:53 PM
ExtremeLight posted...

I do enjoy loading times, so yeah, Home is pretty great. For loading.
---
Now Playing:Persona 4 Golden (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Zero Escape (3DS), Wipeout 2048 (Vita) Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Run (PS3)
#26rofflchopperPosted 1/2/2013 9:08:40 PM

On most subjects actually....
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#27AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/2/2013 9:09:12 PM
rofflchopper posted...

On most subjects actually....

Very true, can't argue with facts my friend:)
---
#28_Just_Blaze_Posted 1/2/2013 9:11:53 PM
Agreed. Those reasons alone are the reason I haven't touched my Xbox since July and that's coming from someone who used to be a Xbox only player. Picked up a year of PS plus in July and that's a definite plus as well pun intended :-)
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BLAZE_92X.png http://i.imgur.com/MRC8t.jpg http://i.imgur.com/3mIoq.jpg
#29PendragoonPosted 1/2/2013 9:15:53 PM
@MacBookAir

Do you really believe that Microsoft is hosting dedicated servers for all the games that you play on Live?

Just in case you do, every Call of Duty title is P2P and picks a player to host the game. It is identical on both 360 and PS3, it is up to publishers to provide dedicated servers for games on either systems.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#30PendragoonPosted 1/2/2013 9:18:11 PM
ExtremeLight posted...

Home is still around!?

*Checks XMB*

Holy crap it is, I thought it died years ago...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709