This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry Xbox, but PSN is much better than Live

#261theshovellerPosted 1/3/2013 12:44:34 PM
James Mason posted...
"Did you know that if you buy a game new it's 60 bucks. If you buy one each year, that's 60/month."

Shop a little and you can get brand new games for 50 or less...

I think he was mentioning that as a counter to the "Xbox live is $60 a year" or something. You can also find a year-long sub to Live for cheaper than that if you shop around, but the point still stands that X per year is cheaper than X per month - after a year, you've paid X for Live Gold, but 12X for games.
#262TehTrumpCardPosted 1/3/2013 12:45:47 PM
jrr18 posted...
The old interface maybe the new one sucks.

---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#263yeye1212Posted 1/3/2013 12:48:21 PM
No good games for PS3. Same screw up games. Sony is making a lot of devices like PS Vita, PSP, PS3. Either way they buy a PS3 for play just Call of Duty? Get out of here men. We Xbox 360 have Halo, Gears of War, Kinect, Dance Central, even a lot of games that were available only on PS3 are coming on xbox because sony is not selling nothing.

Yeah and I approve this message
#264Fou LuPosted 1/3/2013 12:48:49 PM
As someone with both a PS3 and 360, with Xbox Gold, nope, PSN is horrible. Netflix doesn't let you browse on the PS3, you're forced into their little "suggestions". PSN is free, which brings in the worst players, as I play Mass Effect 3 on both consoles, and the PS3 community is bad, REALLY bad. The store is set-up poorly, almost as bad as Nintendo's, PS+ is nothing but a rental service, but ok, the sales PS+ gets are pretty impressive. Let's not forget the horrible download speeds, then having to wait for it to install. There's also the fact you can't mute mouth-breathers unless the game has it built-in, while on the 360 you can mute every single person not on your friend list by default.

On the other hand, yes, there's no point to the stupid ads on Xbox Live when you're paying for Gold. The TV/Movie section is a waste, as is the Music section.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#265HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/3/2013 12:50:10 PM
Sony lost me when they started charging for online and screwing over their non-paying members.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#266kidcrumbPosted 1/3/2013 1:04:29 PM
No good games for the PS3? Its a landslide when talking about exclusives.

Xbox:
Kinect + Dance Central (Which is a joke)
Halo (Awesome game. Better than Killzone easily)
Gears (Extremely overrated. Good and entertaining, but a solid 7/10. Like a michael bay movie)
Forza (Very fun racing game. competes with gran turismo. I dont play either of these franchises enough to really say which is better.)

PS3:
Killzone (Good gameplay, underdeveloped story)
Ratchet and Clank (Fun and great gameplay)
God of War (Great gameplay, story is ok but its enough to get you into the plot)
Infamous (Decent plot and story fun gameplay)
Gran Turismo (Same as Forza)
Metal Gear Solid (Great story, great stealth gameplay)
Uncharted (Amazing gameplay, great story, probably the best series on the PS3 imo)
---
HAF 922 - i7 920 Nehalem @ 4.0 Ghz - 12GB DDR3 Patriot 1600mhz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - EVGA GTX 580 3GB - Cooler Master 850W
#267jubjub360Posted 1/3/2013 1:06:48 PM
kidcrumb posted...
No good games for the PS3? Its a landslide when talking about exclusives.

Xbox:
Kinect + Dance Central (Which is a joke)
Halo (Awesome game. Better than Killzone easily)
Gears (Extremely overrated. Good and entertaining, but a solid 7/10. Like a michael bay movie)
Forza (Very fun racing game. competes with gran turismo. I dont play either of these franchises enough to really say which is better.)

PS3:
Killzone (Good gameplay, underdeveloped story)
Ratchet and Clank (Fun and great gameplay)
God of War (Great gameplay, story is ok but its enough to get you into the plot)
Infamous (Decent plot and story fun gameplay)
Gran Turismo (Same as Forza)
Metal Gear Solid (Great story, great stealth gameplay)
Uncharted (Amazing gameplay, great story, probably the best series on the PS3 imo)

Lol at halo being better than kill zone and gears being an under developed story and uncharted having amazing gameplay.
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#268CapnStankyPosted 1/3/2013 1:11:15 PM
The best kind of assurance is REASSURANCE.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#269CrimsonCorpPosted 1/3/2013 1:17:12 PM
I don't feel it's that clear cut TC. LIVE feels more smoother, and party chat is an amazing feature. For those of you who only have PS3's, wait till the next Playstation comes out (Sony would be insanely stupid to not include it on their next console...) and you'll see how wonderful it is.

The reason why I ultimately would agree that PSN is better is the price.... that's just ridiculous in this day and age. I'm not as big a fan of PS+ but it's instant game library is good. Sadly the selection is a different story.
---
"No world shall be beyond my rule; No enemy shall be beyond my wrath" - The Emperor of Mankind
#270BeautyAndABeatPosted 1/3/2013 1:44:39 PM
I have both so I don't care lol. But if I had to choose one, I'd have to say Live is significantly better than PSN but both have it's ups and downs.

I just play Live more mainly because that's where my friends are. PSN doesn't have nearly as many features as Live but both are good in their own ways.