This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry Xbox, but PSN is much better than Live

#281Lord_TenseEyePosted 1/3/2013 5:34:01 PM
Critic4Life posted...
Plus, if you can't do $60 you must be really cheap/poor. Just get Xbox Live cards.

I have to laugh at every soul thinking this way. Now you're just paying $60 - M$ knows how well they get away with this bull -, next gen you'll be paying more and more and more until you pay $70 per game, $60 for Gold, some online pass shenanigans and some new costs added just because they get away with it thanks to great-thinking minds like you.

I'm not poor or cheap thank you very much, but instead I choose to invest the money into two or three other games and experience something new. Why pay if I can do the same thing on the PS3 (bar the exclusives, not many worth to note though). From what I have seen, online-play has been the same on both.

By the way, I'm not a fanboy 'cause I own both consoles and play more Xbox than PS3. Have fun funding M$ already rich asses! :D

This notion of "well you're just poor" if you can't afford $60 is down right idiotic. People usually have more expenses than what they spend on video games.
#282Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/3/2013 5:36:02 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Sony lost me when they started charging for online and screwing over their non-paying members.

Then I'm a magician. Cause I surely never payed a Euro to get online on PSN.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#283SAMCROftwPosted 1/3/2013 5:38:23 PM
Lord_TenseEye posted...
Critic4Life posted...
Plus, if you can't do $60 you must be really cheap/poor. Just get Xbox Live cards.

I have to laugh at every soul thinking this way. Now you're just paying $60 - M$ knows how well they get away with this bull -, next gen you'll be paying more and more and more until you pay $70 per game, $60 for Gold, some online pass shenanigans and some new costs added just because they get away with it thanks to great-thinking minds like you.

I'm not poor or cheap thank you very much, but instead I choose to invest the money into two or three other games and experience something new. Why pay if I can do the same thing on the PS3 (bar the exclusives, not many worth to note though). From what I have seen, online-play has been the same on both.

By the way, I'm not a fanboy 'cause I own both consoles and play more Xbox than PS3. Have fun funding M$ already rich asses! :D

This notion of "well you're just poor" if you can't afford $60 is down right idiotic. People usually have more expenses than what they spend on video games.

Not idiotic. In fact, you can even get one year XBL gold card off amazon for around 35-40$. Now 35-40$(or even 60$ if you do it wrong) for a whole year of a better online service that trumps PSN in every way? Sounds like a sweet deal to me. I don't know why so many Sony Ponies freak about about being charged for live, as if it's 35-60$ MONTHLY.
#284WarhawkPosted 1/3/2013 5:58:11 PM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Sony lost me when they started charging for online and screwing over their non-paying members.

Then I'm a magician. Cause I surely never payed a Euro to get online on PSN.

I haven't paid anything to go online. Only thing I paid for was whatever I bought through the store.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man Legends
#285megax11Posted 1/3/2013 6:14:07 PM
SoaringDive posted...
Here's the reason that PSN is better than XBL:

There's actual games to play on PSN. No hardcore gamer wants to play Kids Camping in Space (Halo 4) or jump around their room flailing their arms.

LOL! I don't remember PSN, or the PS3 in general, giving me games like DeathSmiles, Akai Katana, Raiden Fighters Aces, Raiden IV, Ninja Blade, or the original TMNT Arcade game, Trials, Trials Evolution, Banjo-Kazzoie, Banjo-Toooie, Bomberman, and Worms (the latter two may have gone to PSN but not before Live had them).

And PSN gave casuals Wonderbook... L...O...L! They also ripped off Sports Champions, like they ripped off Smash Bros.

Playstation 3 is the only system I have ever owned, that gave the option of buying two 1st party exclusives in one year, that fall under the worst gaming genre of all, FPS. Now that's sad. How do you follow up an exclusive that's an FPS? Oh, with another FPS exclusive. PFFT!
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#286sonicteam2k1Posted 1/3/2013 6:15:34 PM
the only thing that is better about PSN is that it's free. Which is a very good selling point IMO.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#287IChangedMyNamePosted 1/3/2013 7:34:36 PM
kidcrumb posted...
PSN Store is much easier to navigate. Its nice to have actual menus instead of a bunch of horizontal lines for the hundreds of items in the store.

This is about the only point I disagree with, the new store look makes the new NXE look like a god crushing an ant.

Coincidentally, before that I thought the PStore crush NXE like an ant, AND prior to this I thought the XB360 Blades UI was the best damned setup ever this gen.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#288TheBorderColliePosted 1/3/2013 7:47:31 PM
- FREE, FREE, FREE
- Better interface design, better online store
- Easier to manage account (try to cancel Live auto-renewal, good luck with that)
- PSN Regular account >>> Live silver account
- PSN Plus >>> Live gold account
- Trophy is way better than achievement
- Did I mention FREE?
- Better apps, better Netflix
- NO Advertisement, TONS of advertisement in Live
- NO Stupid Kinect ****

-INFERIOR, INFERIOR, INFERIOR
-Horrible re-design, inferior online store (not nearly as many indie titles as on XBL)
-Clunky account management (It's not hard at all to cancel auto-renewal on Live)
-Depends on if you care about that
-Live Gold >>> PSN Plus
-Achievements are way better than the copy-job patch-work Trophy system, which can't even sync with its servers on the fly.
-Did I mention PSN is INFERIOR?
-XBL has better apps overall. It's not even close.
-No...there are not "tons of advertisements" on Live. The ones that are there are mostly restricted to small boxes...and are advertisements for GAME DEALS...unlike PSN, which sells out and has allowed entire re-skinning of the service.
-Kinect >>>>>>>>>> lolMove
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#289Ninja4HPosted 1/3/2013 7:50:52 PM
Thought you were dead, TBC.
---
"Riding the Lightning"
PSN - VoodooPimp138 {-} MGO - thelastninja
#290jakestar0306Posted 1/3/2013 8:04:07 PM
TheBorderCollie posted...
-Kinect >>>>>>>>>> lolMove

Kinect price >>>>>>>>>> Move price
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.