This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry Xbox, but PSN is much better than Live

#31Zack_Attackv1Posted 1/2/2013 9:21:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMrDUOe2uuk
---
|L|A|y|l|A|
My anti-drug
#32ArkonBladePosted 1/2/2013 9:22:59 PM
I use both and id say XBL is a tad better then PSN . With the party chatt feature , not having to sync your achievments, and updates to games are only a few megs. and thats if your going by you not having PS+. If you have PS+ then XBL just seems like a joke with all the free games and saving on buying games. Still though XBL has some better featires sony needs to implement into PSN like the ones i just mentioned.

but is XBL worth $60 a year? oh hell no.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#33badboyPosted 1/2/2013 9:24:22 PM
I agree and there's one more thing, all games and addons on PSN have absolutely no region-based restrictions, all you need is a prepaid card for that region. While it's more complicated on Xbox as they check the IP address location.
#34Ambies_BoyPosted 1/2/2013 9:25:26 PM
MacBookAir posted...
Being a Sony fan for so long, but recently just getting a 360 I can say Live is so much better.

Better Apps
Xbox Live Gold > PS+ (I have both though so I'm good)
SmartGlass is pretty cool
Achievements track the same way trophies do and also score you
XBL Rewards
Much better and easier social interface
Freedom of icon & avatar
Party Chat & Beacons
MUCH better notification system
Integration with Messenger and soon Skype
Access from Phone, Tablet, and Computer
Hosts its own servers, resulting in much more stable online than PSN
Better Store transactions (I used to think Microsoft points were stupid but they make everything even)
Also canceling Live renewal is easy. Settings -> Account -> Manage Live -> Cancel Renewal

Forgot to add: Option to change ID

PSN need to up its game next gen.

Plus, if you can't do $60 you must be really cheap/poor. Just get Xbox Live cards.

Live gold is better then ps plus? How so, does live gold give you free games? No? Hm, didn't think so.
---
I am not computer Savvy,don't expect me to know stuff http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227314 Idimmu88 can't push up on the right stick
#35ExtremeLightPosted 1/2/2013 9:27:06 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Guys? I give you Playstation Home. The best thing PSN users can ask for.

Home is still around!?

*Checks XMB*

Holy crap it is, I thought it died years ago...

Dude, Like PShome had evolved. It's not the same game it was years ago. As for the loading time, it depend on your connection. It's rarely an issue for most people.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#36Killingjoke_666Posted 1/2/2013 9:27:42 PM
you forgot free
---
Otto: Wow! I had Mustard?!
#37ExtremeLightPosted 1/2/2013 9:56:43 PM
Killingjoke_666 posted...
you forgot free

It ain't that free. Eventually you'll fall into the buy something trap to avoid being called a noob but it ain't nothing that $5 can't fix.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#38ShineboxerPosted 1/2/2013 10:05:03 PM
MacBookAir posted...
Being a Sony fan for so long, but recently just getting a 360 I can say Live is so much better.

Better Apps
Xbox Live Gold > PS+ (I have both though so I'm good)
SmartGlass is pretty cool
Achievements track the same way trophies do and also score you
XBL Rewards
Much better and easier social interface
Freedom of icon & avatar
Party Chat & Beacons
MUCH better notification system
Integration with Messenger and soon Skype
Access from Phone, Tablet, and Computer
Hosts its own servers, resulting in much more stable online than PSN
Better Store transactions (I used to think Microsoft points were stupid but they make everything even)
Also canceling Live renewal is easy. Settings -> Account -> Manage Live -> Cancel Renewal

Forgot to add: Option to change ID

PSN need to up its game next gen.

Plus, if you can't do $60 you must be really cheap/poor. Just get Xbox Live cards.

Live gold is better then ps plus? How so, does live gold give you free games? No? Hm, didn't think so.

those games aren't free, and XBL always had more demos and content regardless of gold.
#39Ocelot4444Posted 1/2/2013 10:07:56 PM
I pay around 160$ for my cable, and internet. Why would I want to pay an additional fee of 60$ a month just to play online on a console when I'm already paying my ISP? It makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe if the 60$ removed ads (which is what a lot of forums actually do, pay a sub gets rid of ads), and online gaming was an a dedicated server sure I might pay the 60$. But until then, no it is not worth it.
#40CaptainLukaPosted 1/2/2013 10:10:14 PM
The only thing I think XBL Gold has over PSN is party chat. I miss it a ton. I would have said the Xbox's interface is better than PSN's XMB, but the last few updates on the 360 have made all the buttons that people actually use smaller boxes in favor of cluttering each page with ads.

It looks atrocious and is an annoyance to navigate.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...