This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry Xbox, but PSN is much better than Live

#41KaliestoPosted 1/2/2013 9:11:16 PM
I think Sony's success of a free network was the whole minimalist route rather than a full-blown out pay service from Microsoft....(who knows Microsoft could have made Xbox live free since they make so much money worldwide from their other products).
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#42FungumPosted 1/2/2013 9:15:47 PM
XBL and the 360 have the better OS, dashboard, navigation, interface, all of them, whatever you want to call it. The XMB is horrible, has crap response time, poor management, way too many cluttered and unneeded options being displayed, etc. Acheivements are always synced in real-time, displayed properly, listed better than trophies.

PS+ has free games. That's what PS+ has above XBL, nothing else. Sony needs to completely revamp their XMB for PS4. If they don't, they're stupid.
#43RayconPosted 1/2/2013 9:16:43 PM
Ocelot4444 posted...
I pay around 160$ for my cable, and internet. Why would I want to pay an additional fee of 60$ a month just to play online on a console when I'm already paying my ISP?

My thoughts exactly.
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#44kingofall214Posted 1/2/2013 9:17:24 PM
-Damien- posted...
- FREE, FREE, FREE
- Better interface design, better online store
- Easier to manage account (try to cancel Live auto-renewal, good luck with that)
- PSN Regular account >>> Live silver account
- PSN Plus >>> Live gold account
- Trophy is way better than achievement
- Did I mention FREE?
- Better apps, better Netflix
- NO Advertisement, TONS of advertisement in Live
- NO Stupid Kinect ****

I agree with all of those except for trophies. All 360 games had achievements unlike ps3 and they also have markers letting you know how much farther you are from earning an achievement. It is handy for when an achievement like drive x miles but the game doesn't tell you that in the stats screen.
---
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#45CGB_SpenderPosted 1/2/2013 9:24:32 PM
Some of the things TC listed is just plain wrong. Better apps? lol yeah right. PSN doesn't have half the apps Xbox has (with dozens more announced to come this year). Heck, it doesn't even have HBO Go which is like one of the best streaming services out there if you like watching some of the best television shows ever made.
---
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2210/4016647774_8f8d4e0212.jpg
#46TheTitan99Posted 1/2/2013 9:24:44 PM
I completely agree.

I've had my Xbox since 2008. I just got my first PS3 last month.

The PS3 is waaaaay better. I regret not getting one sooner.
---
PSN ID: Vault_Dweller77
#47Elements012894Posted 1/2/2013 9:24:51 PM
I refer the simpler and faster interface of the PS3, but Xbox is more intuitive with pressing the home button after receiving a notification or things to that effect.

Gold is a piece of crap for the money your paying imo. I do really like the xbox its self though.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#48Bebop242Posted 1/2/2013 9:46:16 PM
-Damien- posted...

- FREE, FREE, FREE
- Better interface design, better online store
- Easier to manage account (try to cancel Live auto-renewal, good luck with that)
- PSN Regular account >>> Live silver account
- PSN Plus >>> Live gold account
- Trophy is way better than achievement
- Did I mention FREE?
- Better apps, better Netflix
- NO Advertisement, TONS of advertisement in Live
- NO Stupid Kinect ****

-I prefer the PS3 interface but the new store design is hot garbage.
-I don't give Microsoft or Sony my CC info, so no trouble for me, My LIVE just ran out without any hastle.
-PSN Regular account >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Live silver account
-PSN+ >>>> Live Gold
-Trophies = Achievements
-Kinect is actually pretty handy, I like the voice commands.
#49vanguard29Posted 1/2/2013 9:51:21 PM
i prefer psn. have had both, but psn has better stuff to get in general. idk if you can buy episodes of TV series on live, but i love that about psn.
---
"Even If the morrow is barren of promises / Nothing shall forestall my return"
#50Riot55555Posted 1/2/2013 10:04:36 PM
I have both. PSN is laggy and a lot less populated. Because it has wireless, it's basically a bunch of people ruining everyone else's connection. Plus since it's free I guess it just attracts more poor people who don't have good internet in the first place because it's always slow and for some reason not as populated as XBL.

XBL has a lot more developer support and better selection of downloadable stuff/indie games. It costs like $3-4 a month which is nothing.
---
My competitive CS:S videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLxqydBplX0&feature=channel_page&fmt=22