This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry Xbox, but PSN is much better than Live

#51ShineboxerPosted 1/2/2013 10:06:00 PM
i prefer psn. have had both, but psn has better stuff to get in general. idk if you can buy episodes of TV series on live, but i love that about psn.

Yes, you can.
#52ExiliousPosted 1/2/2013 10:07:08 PM
Ocelot4444 posted...
I pay around 160$ for my cable, and internet. Why would I want to pay an additional fee of 60$ a month just to play online on a console when I'm already paying my ISP? It makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe if the 60$ removed ads (which is what a lot of forums actually do, pay a sub gets rid of ads), and online gaming was an a dedicated server sure I might pay the 60$. But until then, no it is not worth it.

Who charges $60 a month?

If you grab a yearly sub when they're on sale for $39.99 it comes out to $3 a month. If you can't afford that then I pity you. Maybe you should get a job.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 680 OC | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
LeagueCraft ARAM Admin / Blacklist Administrator
#53RayconPosted 1/2/2013 10:08:09 PM
Exilious posted...
Ocelot4444 posted...
I pay around 160$ for my cable, and internet. Why would I want to pay an additional fee of 60$ a month just to play online on a console when I'm already paying my ISP? It makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe if the 60$ removed ads (which is what a lot of forums actually do, pay a sub gets rid of ads), and online gaming was an a dedicated server sure I might pay the 60$. But until then, no it is not worth it.

Who charges $60 a month?

If you grab a yearly sub when they're on sale for $39.99 it comes out to $3 a month. If you can't afford that then I pity you. Maybe you should get a job.

Can't afford it? If I'm already paying for Internet, why should I pay more for what basically boils down to P2P anyway?
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#54themegaman7Posted 1/2/2013 10:11:05 PM
PSN has PS Classics, so it wins by default.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#55jessica73Posted 1/2/2013 10:13:09 PM
Some of the things TC listed is just plain wrong. Better apps? lol yeah right. PSN doesn't have half the apps Xbox has (with dozens more announced to come this year). Heck, it doesn't even have HBO Go which is like one of the best streaming services out there if you like watching some of the best television shows ever made.

yeah i guess hbo is just worthless, lol
I like the 360 netflix interface over the junky one bluray players use, less painfully slow
don't know what tc is on about trophies beign better than achievements. A) it's the same s*** since they ripped it off, and b) at least achievements pop up automatically when you hit the guide button
---
i5 3570k/8GB G.Skill Ripjaws/560ti/ 23" Asus 120hz 3D monitor
so nice *sips finest champagne*
#56SF_BombPosted 1/2/2013 10:13:58 PM
themegaman7 posted...
PSN has PS Classics, so it wins by default.

And PS2 Classics as well.
---
Black 2 FC: 1808 0000 3910
#57ReezyKunPosted 1/2/2013 10:21:38 PM
I own both as you can see from my sign

To me xbox live is better 2 reasons -Party chat and no downtime for maintenance.

I dont mine paying for xbox live its only 1 dollar a month for me. plus you can get the xbox live cards almost anywhere now.

I also think ps3 plus is a joke. you are renting games from psn you don't own them.

Once you stop playing for your plus all the games on ps3 plus you got forfree you cant play them anymore.

but I still love all my jrpgs on the ps3 cant wait for ni no kuni.
---
GT- Nerdy Ryuu /PSN - Darkninjabozz
3DS-1203-9519-9064 / Twitter@Sirryuu
#58boredofyouPosted 1/2/2013 10:23:32 PM
Live gold membership is a charge for a service provided for a gaming system I've already paid for.

Folks who argue that not wanting to pay extra somehow makes you cheap or poor or lame or whatever are being silly.

I choose not to pay extra because its extra. I get the same service from psn. Even if one argues that psn is inferior, there is still no extra charge.

Thusly, regardless of the cost, psn being free is a huge positive when comparing the two services.

Stop trying to justify letting M$ milk you like a cow by calling people poor or cheap because they don't wish to line up next to you and get the same treatment.
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#59cdog21Posted 1/2/2013 10:41:14 PM
mmpepsi posted

I sure have. Up until I got rid of my 360 earlier this year because the pages of ads annoyed me. XMB is just cleaner and to the point. First time I updated my 360 to the new dash I had to search for how to start a game. That's just wrong on a gaming system.

WHAT?! What the heck are you looking at?

As soon as the 360 loads up the same box that the cursor is sitting on is the box for whatever game you have in the system. No looking around for jack, you just press the button.
---
Frylock you're like the A bomb. When you show up everybody dies - Master Shake ATHF
#60oxnerdPosted 1/2/2013 10:47:06 PM
I hate the new interface, some people don't have the time to stick in their keyboard with the PS3 so the way the typing works is sh**, tried to search for final fantasy 6, couldn't find it, had to go online and buy it from there, so inconvenient but at least they have it.