This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry Xbox, but PSN is much better than Live

#61ADHDguitarPosted 1/2/2013 11:49:10 PM
As someone who owns both, I'd say it's better, but not "much" better.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#62Lenneth435Posted 1/3/2013 12:06:08 AM
I like xbox better due to multi-platform games runs better on the xbox, every game haves a demo, more exclusive games, and you can check your gamerscore and others without having to wait 30mins for it to sync. I have both console and like them both. but in comparison, the xbox is the better console. but i do agree PSplus is better then live. free games is awesome to have.
---
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarkForce105
#63Psychofang12001Posted 1/3/2013 12:06:25 AM
I'm surprised this isn't as a troll topic like the others lol
#64ExiliousPosted 1/3/2013 12:12:45 AM
Lenneth435 posted...
I like xbox better due to multi-platform games runs better on the xbox, every game haves a demo, more exclusive games, and you can check your gamerscore and others without having to wait 30mins for it to sync. I have both console and like them both. but in comparison, the xbox is the better console. but i do agree PSplus is better then live. free games is awesome to have.

Except as stated a million times, they're not free. You're paying for them. As soon as you stop paying, they're gone.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 680 OC | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
LeagueCraft ARAM Admin / Blacklist Administrator
#65toliveiraPosted 1/3/2013 12:13:54 AM
jrr18 posted...
The old interface maybe the new one sucks.

This.. and it hurts so much.
#66GrandfisharPosted 1/3/2013 12:17:49 AM
-Damien- posted...
- FREE, FREE, FREE
- Better interface design, better online store
- Easier to manage account (try to cancel Live auto-renewal, good luck with that)
- PSN Regular account >>> Live silver account
- PSN Plus >>> Live gold account
- Trophy is way better than achievement
- Did I mention FREE?
- Better apps, better Netflix
- NO Advertisement, TONS of advertisement in Live
- NO Stupid Kinect ****

Strongly agree, I love the PSN store, the interface, the account management and the fact that it's just easier to work with in general...

However it is WAY easier to connect with friends on xbox live. Especially when your xbox actually comes with a headset. None of this buy the ps3 then discover you need to spend $40+ on a headset just to talk to your friend while you play call of duty...

My second issue is the controller. The shoulder buttons are too sensitive. I can't even lightly touch R2 without my gun going off on accident in the middle of a search and destroy match. Might as well send a flare into the air because now everyone knows where I am. I much prefer the xbox 360 controller.

Other than those two issues, Playstation 3 is superior...

If only we could combine the two... It'd be the perfect console... Screw the Wii btw.
---
Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it. -Confucius
#67BigBossMakaveliPosted 1/3/2013 12:22:07 AM
Exilious posted...
Lenneth435 posted...

Except as stated a million times, they're not free. You're paying for them. As soon as you stop paying, they're gone.

As soon as you stop paying for live no online multiplayer, netflix, crackle,etc.
#68MidgardDragon99Posted 1/3/2013 12:26:26 AM
PS+, which is Sony's pay service, is better than Live, by a long shot.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#69PhoenixPrincePosted 1/3/2013 12:27:18 AM
MacBookAir posted...
Being a Sony fan for so long, but recently just getting a 360 I can say Live is so much better.

Better Apps
Xbox Live Gold > PS+ (I have both though so I'm good)
SmartGlass is pretty cool
Achievements track the same way trophies do and also score you
XBL Rewards
Much better and easier social interface
Freedom of icon & avatar
Party Chat & Beacons
MUCH better notification system
Integration with Messenger and soon Skype
Access from Phone, Tablet, and Computer
Hosts its own servers, resulting in much more stable online than PSN
Better Store transactions (I used to think Microsoft points were stupid but they make everything even)
Also canceling Live renewal is easy. Settings -> Account -> Manage Live -> Cancel Renewal

Forgot to add: Option to change ID

PSN need to up its game next gen.

Plus, if you can't do $60 you must be really cheap/poor. Just get Xbox Live cards.

Or maybe, just maybe, they don't play online enough to make it worth the $60. I play online multiplayer maybe three times a month, if even. It's not WORTH paying for.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
#70A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 1/3/2013 12:33:41 AM(edited)
1. Server outages- who doesn't love those, gives me time to talk about how much I love PSN on gamefaqs
2. Getting hacked and having personal information compromised- awesome, you haven't lived until your identities been stolen
3. Terrible servers and connectivity issues- the more lag the better right?
4. Poor chat functionality- who needs communication in team based games?
5. Poor profile customizability- why would anyone want to customize their profile? Nobody ever does that ever!
6. Poor Customer support- If you have a problem you should just live with it, it builds character.
7. Tedious navigation- you should totally have to scroll through the menus every time to do something. Pressing one button is far too little work.

Sorry, but this goes beyond a matter of "one guys" opinion, getting your identity stolen by signing on to a free online service makes that service a pretty crappy one.

EDIT: When you pay for Xbox live you pay for the reliable system of SECURE servers that ensures that I will be able to get on XBL whenever I please, and not have to worry about my security being compromised as a result.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them