This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA shutting down online services for 12 games.And they have online pass LMAO!!!

#91jubjub360Posted 1/3/2013 2:42:53 PM
Kira0987 posted...
Wow, what a piece of **** company. What's worse is the sheep who try to defend these horrible business tactics.

Yeah! Lets keep servers running of games that are old itenerations of newer games!
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#92Cody_HodgsonPosted 1/3/2013 3:03:46 PM
This is pretty weak since I'm not even sure what they do. My friend and I still played NHL 11 pretty frequently and after he invites me the gameplay is all done via P2P between me and him. If they weren't a******s it could easily still be up I think, at least to allow peopel to invite each other.

And I'm not sure if the season pass analogy holds up either because there was no understanding at the time the purchase was made that our purchase of the game had a best before date on it.
---
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/257/full/7hc558rh9vls8j6fam4hly46n.gif
#93flame030191Posted 1/3/2013 3:09:22 PM
PhoenixRush posted...
EA, forcing only online multiplayer...then taking it away from you later. Even if it had a pass. GG, gaming industry.

Explain Battlefield Bad Company, an EA developed game from 2008 with active servers.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#94soldier51986Posted 1/4/2013 11:51:16 AM
The wine analogy someone mentioned earlier is perfect, but not the way they intended it. At some point wine becomes vinegar - still useful but not the way you wanted it. The game had online features but won't now. You can still play it solo but you missed your chance for the online portion. All you can do is buy a new bottle and start again if you want the wine. Try buying the current year of the game so you have a few years to get the achievements. More than likely though, you stopped a while back and are only concerned now because there are a couple achievements you have to get left. The other 99% of the EA gaming community could use the bandwidth though.
#95TomorrowDogPosted 1/4/2013 11:59:27 AM
Normally I don't have anything to say about online passes, but in general it is pretty damn weak to shut down servers for games that recent and especially if somebody specifically paid a one-time fee for access.

But this is EA and they suck. I'm assuming everybody heard about Fifa '12 on Wii being literally identical to Fifa '11 and still being full price.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#96king_maddenPosted 1/4/2013 12:14:05 PM
TomorrowDog posted...
Normally I don't have anything to say about online passes, but in general it is pretty damn weak to shut down servers for games that recent and especially if somebody specifically paid a one-time fee for access.

But this is EA and they suck. I'm assuming everybody heard about Fifa '12 on Wii being literally identical to Fifa '11 and still being full price.

2 and a half to 3 years is a recent game? especially if its a sports game, there is no reason to keep those active.

as for fifa, the game was the same AND they forced you to buy it? that is criminal.
#97TomorrowDogPosted 1/4/2013 12:40:44 PM
2 and a half to 3 years is a recent game? especially if its a sports game, there is no reason to keep those active.

Under 3 years sure as hell isn't old.

as for fifa, the game was the same AND they forced you to buy it? that is criminal.

They repackaged a game in a product that is a terrible value and whose only purpose is to prey on people with limited information. That is called a scam.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#98bsballa09Posted 1/4/2013 12:44:12 PM
If barely anyone plays them, it doesn't make sense continuing to pay money to keep the servers going.
---
Put this in your sig if you will never buy another COD game again.
#99king_maddenPosted 1/4/2013 8:30:56 PM
TomorrowDog posted...

Under 3 years sure as hell isn't old.

They repackaged a game in a product that is a terrible value and whose only purpose is to prey on people with limited information. That is called a scam.

In video games, and in electronics in general anything over 2 years is old. Especially for games that have new versions every year.

As for fifa just think how many pissed people there would've been if there was no fifa for the current year. It sucks they released the same game, if it is exactly the same, but if you're talking about the old wii, its just like ps2 the last few sports games that came out were pretty much the same, consoles that weren't planning to continue with.