This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Twisted Metal PS3, what happened to it?

#1Sculp_XPosted 1/3/2013 5:01:05 AM
I mean, didn't this release in early 2012?

I owned this game & i thought it is pretty solid

but it hasn't been mentioned in any award, so am I wrong?
---
currently playing: FIFA 13, Assassin's Creed 3, Max Payne 3 & One Piece Pirate Warriors
PSN ID: arsha-veen
#2killakPosted 1/3/2013 5:03:16 AM
I'm still gutted that they chose to continue the hovercraft controls.

i know it's the style of the game, but it's definitely too little too late, and probably didn't do much to win new customers with those controls.
---
LoL... DSP did his funniest moments of 2012 set.... except they're all about his own content.
#3Sculp_X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 5:32:20 AM
killak posted...
I'm still gutted that they chose to continue the hovercraft controls.

i know it's the style of the game, but it's definitely too little too late, and probably didn't do much to win new customers with those controls.

hovercraft? meaning the helicopter? fill me in there
---
currently playing: FIFA 13, Assassin's Creed 3, Max Payne 3 & One Piece Pirate Warriors
#4killakPosted 1/3/2013 5:34:56 AM
I mean you can rotate on the spot, turning right moves the car clockwise and when reversing, turning right moves the car clockwise.

It's really disorientating to me, which sucks since I really enjoyed the series, but that style of control is really.......crappy.
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#5Brocken_JrPosted 1/3/2013 5:35:37 AM
killak posted...
I mean you can rotate on the spot, turning right moves the car clockwise and when reversing, turning right moves the car clockwise.

It's really disorientating to me, which sucks since I really enjoyed the series, but that style of control is really.......crappy.

i only played the beta, and in it, one of the controls was "classic controls"
---
DONT BELIEVE ONDORES LIES!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#6killakPosted 1/3/2013 5:37:18 AM

none of the control options refine the directional controls. When I was closest to comfortable, I had R2 to accelerate and R1 to brake. Very strange layouts.
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#7Sculp_X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 5:38:00 AM
killak posted...

hmm, i can't argue with you there

the control can get frustrating to get used to, but once you have, you'll enjoy the game more

just was I, thus I open this topic to see if people think it deserves to get at least a nomination for an award
---
#8Brocken_JrPosted 1/3/2013 5:39:18 AM
killak posted...

none of the control options refine the directional controls. When I was closest to comfortable, I had R2 to accelerate and R1 to brake. Very strange layouts.

really? that is weird as hell. couldnt get used to the controls also.
---
DONT BELIEVE ONDORES LIES!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#9este914Posted 1/3/2013 5:40:43 AM
Sculp_X posted...
killak posted...

hmm, i can't argue with you there

the control can get frustrating to get used to, but once you have, you'll enjoy the game more

just was I, thus I open this topic to see if people think it deserves to get at least a nomination for an award

What category would you put it in? I thought it was an "OK" game as well but the other problem is that there was so many other better games come out that overshadowed it... I duno
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#10SDFan18Posted 1/3/2013 5:42:27 AM
Focusing on MP and lacking SP content was pretty dumb. Especially when what they spent most of their time with hardly even worked correctly. It's a decent game but it's not good enough to win awards.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
XBL GT/PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86