This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Twisted Metal PS3, what happened to it?

#21656stoogePosted 1/3/2013 7:25:15 AM
I would have bought it if it had a decent SP mode.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#22Sculp_X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 10:25:44 AM
656stooge posted...

the SP mode is decent enough I think, but not anywhere as close as 2 & Black
---
currently playing: FIFA 13, Assassin's Creed 3, Max Payne 3 & One Piece Pirate Warriors
PSN ID: arsha-veen
#23este914Posted 1/3/2013 10:26:31 AM
Sculp_X posted...
656stooge posted...

the SP mode is decent enough I think, but not anywhere as close as 2 & Black

QFT
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#24rswsc0407Posted 1/3/2013 10:33:31 AM
The horribly shallow SP is the main reason I didn't want to get it, and I LOVE TM, I had a blast with the beta(when I could get on that is) but the fact that it only had like what 3 different "people" to go through the story mode with? That's incredibly lame IMO.

Plus I loved how in Black there were a ton of stuff to unlock and some of them were pretty hard to get/find IIRC.
---
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004 & 2007= My ID. PSN ID- rswsc0407
#25cavebear56Posted 1/3/2013 10:37:39 AM
I loved it.

Great game and I did have to get used to the controls but when I did it was fine.

Not my favorite Twisted Metal, that goes to 2, but still not as bad as some made it out to be.

I wouldn't say you're wrong at all, the issue is car combat always has been and always will be a niche genre. One I'll always enjoy. It also had issues with the online net code, not the worst by far but was annoying enough for some to completely turn them off.

SP/MP didn't bother me as the rest of the series was never Single Player focused any better or worse. It's always been like a fighting game in that setup.

Would end up just doing co-op/versus on the others in the end (not to say I didn't like some of the endings/stories in the other games, some were great).

For PS4 I would really like to see a Critical Depth game over a Twisted Metal at this point, if anything it would appear "new" and fans wouldn't look at it with the same nostalgia goggles they did for Twisted Metal.

Really overlooked game, though going back to play it can hurt the eyes.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#26velvet_hammerPosted 1/3/2013 10:39:52 AM
a gameplay masterpiece that was to fast and skillful for the casuals.. but its main problem was broken servers for 4 months
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#27velvet_hammerPosted 1/3/2013 10:41:34 AM
killak posted...
What a civilised discussion. Kudos, gentlemen.

I also like the game, but I hate having to commit a bunch of time, to get the controls down, and have so many moments of "ARGH TURN THE OTHER WAY!!!!" But still I enjoyed what I got down.

i definitely don't think it deserved an award, and I agree that it pretty much came and went, unfortunately.

theres a control setup that plays like a racer... r2 gas l2 brake.. I had a 99skill level the highest possible online
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#28Sculp_X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 4:31:19 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
killak posted...
What a civilised discussion. Kudos, gentlemen.

I also like the game, but I hate having to commit a bunch of time, to get the controls down, and have so many moments of "ARGH TURN THE OTHER WAY!!!!" But still I enjoyed what I got down.

i definitely don't think it deserved an award, and I agree that it pretty much came and went, unfortunately.

theres a control setup that plays like a racer... r2 gas l2 brake.. I had a 99skill level the highest possible online

am I the online one that's comfortable using Square for gas & X for brakes?

kinda suits me once I get used to it
---
currently playing: FIFA 13, Assassin's Creed 3, Max Payne 3 & One Piece Pirate Warriors
PSN ID: arsha-veen
#29Guerrilla SoldierPosted 1/3/2013 4:40:42 PM
It's a MP game with a bad SP attached to it. They stripped everything off that made Twisted Metal so great, replaced it with things that casual players would enjoy, and released it broken and half-assed. I'm such a huge fan of the series that I spent months playing it, as Darkside, trying to get used to the terrible changes they made and deal with it...and in the end, the only thing holding it up were the tiny amount of clans and clan battles, which escalated into a childish game of "no I'm the best with this car!" like every MP eventually ends up.

It's no longer Twisted Metal in anything but name. It has very little relation to the previous games/series, and overall is a generic, decent MP car combat game with a popular name slapped on it.
---
CainExodus - Oakland A's fan: 2012 AL West Champions
Keep the A's in Oakland!
#30este914Posted 1/3/2013 4:41:51 PM
Guerrilla Soldier posted...
It's a MP game with a bad SP attached to it. They stripped everything off that made Twisted Metal so great, replaced it with things that casual players would enjoy, and released it broken and half-assed. I'm such a huge fan of the series that I spent months playing it, as Darkside, trying to get used to the terrible changes they made and deal with it...and in the end, the only thing holding it up were the tiny amount of clans and clan battles, which escalated into a childish game of "no I'm the best with this car!" like every MP eventually ends up.

It's no longer Twisted Metal in anything but name. It has very little relation to the previous games/series, and overall is a generic, decent MP car combat game with a popular name slapped on it.

WOW!

^ THats EXACTLY how I feel about the new Tomb Raider game!!! ^
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!