This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

More Proof SONY is working to ban used Games

#1whatnow12012Posted 1/3/2013 10:45:29 AM
Sony is making another terrible mistake earlier on IGN.com they showed an article which seems to indicate that SONY is making a new device but unknown which console the device will be made for that will ban all used games making even games you rent from GameFly non-playable.

This will kill off and would be castostrophic for gamestores such as Gamestop which generates a ton of its revenue from Used Games sales also it would basically but out all the game rentals such as GameFly or local stores that rent games.

I told you all months ago but people didnt believe about the banning of used games saying I had no proof. Well it looks like it is becoming a reality now and this deal will more than likely begin with SONY's upcoming PS4 console.

Meaning Banned Used Games, Not Backwards, and Password Restrictions = NO BUY FOR ME also I hear the console will be an always on Device meaning it will require DSL or Brodband or some sort of Wi-Fi connections.

I think I will be done after this generation of gaming if these rumors are indeed true. I am tired of this crap these stupid moves the high price of the consoles getting higher & higher with each generation of consoles.

The tech making each generation more difficult to play or to enjoy cause of such moves such as Banning of used games.

You no what I will always keep on buyin my used games, I dont give a DAMN what SONY says, does I will never change.

I also buy my new games but I dont always have the money to drop down 65 bucks on a new game so I go elcheapo used so if SONY does this moves then now SONY faces its own EXCTINCTION.

STRIKE 1 = BANNING USED GAMES
STRIKE 2 = ALWAYS ON DEVICE
STRIKE 3= 600 PRICE POINT
STRIKE 4= NOT BACKWARDS
#2velvet_hammerPosted 1/3/2013 10:46:57 AM
bye enjoy your 720 hope you even have games to buy
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#3HaloODSTDPosted 1/3/2013 10:47:57 AM
typical Nintendo fanboy
---
http://www.miniih.com/miniiblog/good-girl/files/suzy_gif7.gif
PSN:
#4deathsaber79Posted 1/3/2013 10:56:00 AM
None of the companies will allow themselves to be the only one on the market that blocks used games. It would be a death wish for the odd man out.

Now if both Sony & MS went down that road.... it could happen. Nintendo could benfit a little, but they serve a very specific audience (fans of its first party offerings) as opposed to the more general gaming audience of the other console makers.

People would complain bitterly on message boards, but in the end, it would be either deal with it, or quit gaming altogether.

The reality is the companies could do it, but they'd have to respond with much more aggressively lower game pricing when they find out theres now a lot less people playing games due to lack of less expensive options, or being able to subsizize purchases with trade ins or being able to sell their old games to anybody.
#5whatnow12012(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 10:59:24 AM
Look I am not a Fanboy if the 720 done a similar move or the Wii U I would make noise on both of those but SONY seems to be going full steam ahead with these deals for the next generation.

Look I have 3 or 4 Sony consoles from my PSP to my PS1, PS2 and my PS3 so I am not a Fan Boy.

I have a 360 along with the Original, I have the Wii but not the U, I have the 3DS, but not a PS Vita.

So dont call me a Fan-Boy to me it isnt about the consoles or who makes them, to me it is PRICE, TECH and the details behind these machines.

Stupid moves like this I am probably not the only person who would skip out on SONY if they made this move a reality.

I been with Sony sense the days of the PS1 days I would hate to have to cut them out after this generation cause SONY does make good games Fom God Of War to Sly Cooper so it would suck to have to cut them out after this generation.

Look I am not doing anything or making any final choices before I see or read about more concrete evidence regarding the next generation either from SONY or Microsoft regarding the 720 or the PS4. I need more info before I make the final jump.

Look I am not a Fan-Boy I am just a smart gamer and I know what I like.
#6jubjub360Posted 1/3/2013 11:01:06 AM
whatnow12012 posted...
Look I am not a Fanboy if the 720 done a similar move or the Wii U I would make noise on both of those but SONY seems to be going full steam ahead with these deals for the next generation.

Look I have 3 or 4 Sony consoles from my PSP to my PS1, PS2 and my PS3 so I am not a Fan Boy.

I have a 360 along with the Original, I have the Wii but not the U, I have the 3DS, but not a PS Vita.

So dont call me a Fan-Boy to me it isnt about the consoles or who makes them, to me it is PRICE, TECH and the details behind these machines.

Stupid moves like this I am probably not the only person who would skip out on SONY if they made this move a reality.

I been with Sony sense the days of the PS1 days I would hate to have to cut them out after this generation cause SONY does make good games Fom God Of War to Sly Cooper so it would suck to have to cut them out after this generation.

Look I am not doing anything or making any final choices before I see or read about more concrete evidence regarding the next generation either from SONY or Microsoft regarding the 720 or the PS4. I need more info before I make the final jump.

Look, your overuse of the word look is annoying.

Look, I'm doing it too to make a point.

Look, you forgot to add commas at the end of look.

Look.
Look.
Look.
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#7este914Posted 1/3/2013 11:02:31 AM
LOL~!
These topics are so amusing. If you dont like the way gaming is going then quit *gaming* altogether!
Problem solved!
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#8HaloODSTDPosted 1/3/2013 11:05:45 AM
whatnow12012 posted...

idc i just like calling people fanboys to make them rage
---
PSN:
#9William_18Posted 1/3/2013 11:07:56 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
typical Nintendo fanboy

Typical 360 fanboy

(also typical new-age gamer)
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#10HaloODSTDPosted 1/3/2013 11:10:26 AM
William_18 posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
typical Nintendo fanboy

Typical 360 fanboy

(also typical new-age gamer)

typical pc elitist
---
PSN: