This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HOLY ****!!! SONY just confirmed no used games on PS4.

#51crazyman32Posted 1/3/2013 4:19:28 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
HOLY ****!!! TC can't read!!!

LMAO

LOL This^
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#52Paulf001Posted 1/3/2013 4:19:47 PM
I have never bought a used game in my life, so this has no effect on me. Pay Gamestop $5 less for a disc that comes in a paper sleeve and no case or instructions, no thanks.
#53Stanger5150Posted 1/3/2013 4:23:28 PM(edited)
Nintendological posted...
Stanger5150 posted...

It's about the system being useless in 15-20 years, long after new games are no longer printed. It would be the first temporary gaming console in history, and would have no retro market. That is bull****.

Of course there will be a retro market. It's called emulation. Things like MAME exist for just this type of situation. Game curation is something that has little regard in this industry. Some of the best games would be long forgotten or very difficult to play if not for emulators.

That's not the retro market I'm speaking of. You are talking about emulation and clone consoles. I'm talking about original hardware... the REAL retro market.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#54Stanger5150Posted 1/3/2013 4:28:42 PM(edited)
Paulf001 posted...
I have never bought a used game in my life, so this has no effect on me. Pay Gamestop $5 less for a disc that comes in a paper sleeve and no case or instructions, no thanks.

What happens if multiple family members have their own PSN IDs on your console?... for the f*** of it, we'll assume three people have accounts on your PS4 in your household. If the restriction is tied to PSN IDs, you need three copies of the same game in the same place!

If it's tied to the console, what about when it breaks?(And it WILL break!)

It absolutely can affect you.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#55mantezPosted 1/3/2013 4:27:28 PM
Paulf001 posted...

Gamestop is not the only place to buy used games.
---
The ship is safer in the harbour, but it is not meant for that.
#56oiburPosted 1/3/2013 4:36:03 PM
god i hope no!!!

but to be honest i hardly buy used games.. but
whats the point on this?

when people sell their old games. they will buy a new game for sure. thats like loss for the first and gain for the 2nd. game for the developers.

there is really no point to block used games.

but if it does comes to this.. i will be more picky in buying games. and i wont be spending that much. and for sure. so loss for sony!!! and the developers.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-tBhOJd92E
#57RyuuHou25Posted 1/3/2013 4:40:05 PM
Paulf001 posted...

There's far more ways to buy a used game than from Gamestop.

Also, that's a fairly short sighted view on things "This has no effect on me" Well open your eyes and realize the reprocussions such an act could have, and the influences such a thing would have on other markets and sharing of ~anything~ in this world, hand me downs, thrift markets, anything used in general and your right to do what you want with YOUR property.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#58Paulf001Posted 1/3/2013 4:40:16 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
Paulf001 posted...

What happens if multiple family members have their own PSN IDs on your console?... for the f*** of it, we'll assume three people have accounts on your PS4 in your household. If the restriction is tied to PSN IDs, you need three copies of the same game in the same place!

From what I read about their technology the game is locked to the console not the PSN account. It doesn't matter if other people have different accounts you can still play the game.
#59GunzleaderPosted 1/3/2013 4:43:51 PM
good thing i jut got in a car wreck and it was the other guys fault whatever is left after my repairs im gonna buy a wii U.... good bye sony.

how ever i will keep my ps3. good blu ray player.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#60Stanger5150Posted 1/3/2013 4:48:21 PM
Paulf001 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
Paulf001 posted...

From what I read about their technology the game is locked to the console not the PSN account. It doesn't matter if other people have different accounts you can still play the game.

Answer my other question then...

What about when your console breaks? You'll have to buy your entire library again.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782