This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HOLY ****!!! SONY just confirmed no used games on PS4.

#61Lelouch71Posted 1/3/2013 3:55:47 PM
If Sony were dumb enough to do that then I'm done with them after I get a Vita.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#62darkness1018Posted 1/3/2013 4:06:24 PM
I don't think Sony will do that since all it would take for Xbox to crush them and finish them off would be to say "hey buy the new Xbox, we allow used games". With M$ and Nintendo allowing used games Sony would be buried by doing a dumb move like that and I don't think they'll risk it.
---
PSN: nightwing2099
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#63Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/3/2013 4:06:26 PM
Sony already had a chance to use LockWare on PS3 discs, but they didn't. It will be no different with the Orbis.
#64CBratePosted 1/3/2013 4:07:40 PM
Wherever the technology is applied I hope it doesn't screw up on launch and cause another Error 37.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 179 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: stupid_newbie
#65riddlebox89Posted 1/3/2013 4:10:55 PM
Paulf001 posted...
From what I read about their technology the game is LOCKED TO THE CONSOLE, not the PSN account. It doesn't matter if other people have different accounts you can still play the game.

I capitalized exactly what is wrong with this, games being locked to the console? Lol, you'd have to be a mentally handicapped ape to willingly buy something like that! So if your console breaks down and can't be repaired, you'd willingly buy your entire library of games again to use them with a new console?

If the answer is yes, then you're an even bigger blind deaf and dumb fool than your posts make you out to be.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#66Stanger5150Posted 1/3/2013 4:14:05 PM(edited)
CBrate posted...
Wherever the technology is applied I hope it doesn't screw up on launch and cause another Error 37.

We will have "ylod" type issues in the next gen launch PS.

You can go ahead and bet on that. YLOD = new sales, and with a used game restriction, it would mean more game sales.

Do you think they give a f*** about hardware failure? They have been quiet about the issue this gen, and meanwhile, they're capitalizing on it by charging to back up saves.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#67Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/3/2013 4:13:19 PM
I capitalized exactly what is wrong with this, games being locked to the console? Lol, you'd have to be a mentally handicapped ape to willingly buy something like that!

Or a Wii owner. This is exactly how digital Wii games are handled.
#68Stanger5150Posted 1/3/2013 4:16:38 PM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
I capitalized exactly what is wrong with this, games being locked to the console? Lol, you'd have to be a mentally handicapped ape to willingly buy something like that!

Or a Wii owner. This is exactly how digital Wii games are handled.

This is why I don't own digital games on my Wii. I have the original hardware for most of the systems the VC emulates anyway.

That said though, the Wii has proved to be much more reliable than its competition, despite its flaws.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#69Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/3/2013 4:17:54 PM
At least you can transfer them to the Wii U now.
#70Devil_wings00Posted 1/3/2013 4:20:45 PM
pretty certain there is laws against this kind of thing all over the place isn't there? I don't doubt it would be implemented in the U.S since getting by a law takes no effort if you have enough money but places like Europe are pretty hardcore about this stuff aren't they?
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.