This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HOLY ****!!! SONY just confirmed no used games on PS4.

#71Stanger5150Posted 1/3/2013 5:21:48 PM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
At least you can transfer them to the Wii U now.

That's a plus, but with increased reports of bricked Wii Us, I don't trust it yet.

It's the first time ever that I haven't been able to trust Nintendo to provide reliable hardware.

Meanwhile, my NES, SNES, GBA SP, DS, and Wii are still working like new.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#72Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/3/2013 5:22:57 PM
That's a plus, but with increased reports of bricked Wii Us, I don't trust it yet.

The only way I've heard you can brick a Wii U is if you cut power during the 5 GB firmware update.
#73ADHDguitarPosted 1/3/2013 5:31:03 PM
The only way I'd be okay with no used game is if buying a retail game instantly tied that game to your PSN ID and gave you a digital copy as well.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#74Ebak_the_catPosted 1/3/2013 5:35:47 PM(edited)
riddlebox89 posted...
Ebak_the_cat posted...
Blahh blahh blahh

What an uneducated jackass post, I mean really, you talk as if used games and used DVD's are like oil and water, where they're not, they're both media products that are bought and sold used, the retailer you buy it from brand new is the one that pays for every copy of the game or DVD that they order, meaning it's paid for before it's even on store shelves, publishers get VERY little from retailer sales, the bulk of their profits come from the retailers ordering the games, not the consumers purchasing them.

So no, someone buying a used game does not make them "lose" a sale, because the game was already bought and paid for, yeah they get a little profit after the retailer sells it to the consumer, but they're not entitled to anything after that.

And lol at saying you'll still buy a PS4 if they end up pulling this garbage with it, do you have any idea how big of a blind deaf and dumb tool that makes you? Did you just forget that first run consoles have higher failure rates than other versions of that console released later? What happens if they actually do this and the games are tied to your console instead of your PSN ID then the console stops working for whatever reason? Would you really willingly go to the store, buy a brand new console and brand new copies of every game you bought for it? No, only a moron would do that.

And then what if, three to five years down the road, you decide you wanted a game that was released years ago and can no longer find it brand new because it's out of print? Blocking out used games would mean giving you the finger and saying "Oh you didn't want it when it was new? Well f*** you then!"

Seriously, of all the dumb things people would be in favor of, this is one of the absolute stupidest, if they do this with the PS4 and you buy it, you are nothing less than a blind deaf and dumb tool.

If I want to buy a console that is my business thank you very much. I buy all my games new and I make sure to research all games on the market. I trained in game design and I am a heavy gamer for god sake! So the matter doesn't effect me directly since I buy gamers new anyway and I haven't bought an out or print or hard to find game in years because these days I can buy the games I want to new and when they are out. I respect this doesn't apply to you because you may do things different, but that is YOUR business none of mine.

If I were to buy the console new, I admit there may be problems, but there wasn't for my PS2 or my PS3 so far. Plus if I had said issue, I would contact Sony and most likely they would have been made aware of more issues and would attempt to compensate me appropriately.

Furthermore I've said it again and again. I don't necessarily AGREE with what they are doing, merely pointing out the sides of the argument that people are conveniently not thinking about. I've also said that I don't think they will do this because it would cause such a backlash from the community that they would make considerably less sales.

Finnally on a personal note. How ****ing dare you! "Uneducated jackass" how very noble and mature words to throw around at someone who's done nothing but put forward his side of the debate and thought, admitted he was wrong and expressed himself. I have not insulted anyone or even attempted to hurt anyones feelings. My opinion is my bloody opinion there's no need for you to be an ass and insult people just because they don't conform to your opinion.
---
Video Game Design Graduate - University Campus Suffolk - Class of 2012
#75maximumbarmagePosted 1/3/2013 5:50:55 PM
OP fails at reading.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#76kingcam07Posted 1/3/2013 5:53:40 PM
If this did turn out to be a patent that was actually used for the PS4, it would be the first Sony console that I'd have no interest in. If Microsoft followed suit, I'd go Wii U, otherwise I'll be going Microsoft for the first time in my life.

Let's hope this is just a patent :)
---
psn ID: kingcam07
#77LockDeltzPosted 1/3/2013 6:24:48 PM
Ebak_the_cat posted...
Even if this were 100% confirmed and true I'd still but a PS4 and urge people to do the same. I respect that there are indeed a lot of people out there who buy all their games used or people who resale their games after playing them.

However my main problem with that is the money lost to the developer, publisher/distributer etc. Money that can then be put back into the development of more games, pripherals etc. People say that its no different to reselling a DVD of a movie or TV series. Yes, but the people who made or distribute those get most of their money from cinema box offices and the original TV run.

Used games is something that is causing harm to the development side of the industry and there are reasons developers are seeking to work around it by locking of certain parts of the game to the people who purchase the game new. I feel that is somewhat fair, if you pay less yet still get the exact same product its not really fair to those that spend a lot on the brand new release, which is usually what online passes and day 1 free DLC is around for.

I buy games new and I keep my games because I can afford to and because I don't like trading in a game because I like to replay games, even if its sevearl years later. I know not everyone does that, but gaming is a privilage passtime and there are others out there not so lucky as all of us yet we take advantage of it, we should be supporting the industry...then they wouldn't be pulling stunts like this to force used game sales to stop (if this is indeed true).

I'm trying to not sound like a **** but people should try and buy thier games new and not buy pre-owned games. Still getting a PS4, still have my respect for sony (until/unless they confirm this, then that respect will take a hit).

This is anti-consumer at it's worst. You are a tool to even suggest people should buy the PS4.

If this rumor is 100% true, I won't buy a PS4 until it's fully hacked and can pirate the **** out of it. The anti-piracy restrictions didn't help out the Vita, and it won't help the PS4, no one will buy it. Don't be a boy scout and be against these type of business practices.
---
"Ha! They locked us up in a house made of candy." Gibari, Baten Kaitos
#78anonymous4everPosted 1/3/2013 6:27:27 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
HOLY ****!!! TC can't read!!!

LMAO
#79Ebak_the_catPosted 1/3/2013 6:33:06 PM
LockDeltz posted...

This is anti-consumer at it's worst. You are a tool to even suggest people should buy the PS4.

If this rumor is 100% true, I won't buy a PS4 until it's fully hacked and can pirate the **** out of it. The anti-piracy restrictions didn't help out the Vita, and it won't help the PS4, no one will buy it. Don't be a boy scout and be against these type of business practices.

I don't honestly think this would happen and if sony did do this they would loose my respect, end of the day I prefer Playstation over 360, I find the controller more comfortable and I have a library of games that I play anyway so I'd prefer not to jump ship, that's no slight against the 360 mind you...I just know what I like and what I prefer, is that being a boy scout?

I said I'd reccoment people to buy the PS4...not like I'm holding a gun to your head or condeming you if you don't get one. You get what you want and believe what you want and I shall do the same. The only reason I would get a PS4 is that it doesn't overly effect me if they did restrict used games but I get it would effect others.

The only fact we do know is that Sony has filed this patent, will it mean they will use it? Nope, we don't know, lets all save the condeming of anyone until the chips are down and we know exactly what's going on as I have said time and time and time and time again.
---
Video Game Design Graduate - University Campus Suffolk - Class of 2012
#80raichudlPosted 1/3/2013 7:29:41 PM
they didn't...
---
Shut up and bag yourselves!!! -Cody Rhodes