This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Used games have been gone from PC gaming for a long time

#121the_great_tidusPosted 1/5/2013 12:35:32 PM
wh do you think alot of people switched to consoles? Because they are easier to use and have used games.

consoles becoming like PC is a bad thing .
---
Most Anticipated Games - Yakuza 5, Ni No Kuni, The Last of Us, Beyond, Castlevania LOS2, MGS rising, God of War Ascension, and FFX HD.
#122PaladinrjaPosted 1/5/2013 12:55:06 PM
the_great_tidus posted...
wh do you think alot of people switched to consoles? Because they are easier to use and have used games.

Consoles won't become like PC ever. The price of the console would be the same as that of a top notch gaming rig.
The PS3 proved it doesn't work. When it came out it was the $800, consoles close behind the PC in terms of availabe tech (remembering consoles don't need to task as many resources as PCs). Course the PC being a constantly deployed test platform, means its consistently updated in both hardware & software. Its abilities jump up in leaps & bounds.

None of this will prevent software on consoles being handled the same way as PC though. Incidentally PCs are no longer difficult to use. Very easy to use, if you don't go doing anything you don't understand.
#123ShineboxerPosted 1/5/2013 1:05:40 PM(edited)
the_great_tidus posted...

Consoles won't become like PC ever. The price of the console would be the same as that of a top notch gaming rig.
The PS3 proved it doesn't work. When it came out it was the $800, consoles close behind the PC in terms of availabe tech (remembering consoles don't need to task as many resources as PCs). Course the PC being a constantly deployed test platform, means its consistently updated in both hardware & software. Its abilities jump up in leaps & bounds.

None of this will prevent software on consoles being handled the same way as PC though. Incidentally PCs are no longer difficult to use. Very easy to use, if you don't go doing anything you don't understand.

Consoles are the cancer. why should i have too buy a $1000 worth of shotty equipment to play the exclusives. Doesn't make sense to me and it shouldn't to you.
#124Dante200XPosted 1/5/2013 1:06:19 PM
I am so grateful I was never quite this ignorant when I used to only play on consoles about 6 years ago. I would have to kick myself many times over if I had said some of the stupid crap I've read in this topic (and that I read on gamefaqs regularly about consoles and pc).

I don't know where all this misinformation really came from (or what year it started) but it's pretty sad when people constantly say crap about PC as if they're talking from experience...when in reality they couldn't be farther from the truth.
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
#125PaladinrjaPosted 1/5/2013 1:18:39 PM
Shineboxer posted...
Consoles are the cancer. why should i have too buy a $1000 worth of shotty equipment to play the exclusives. Doesn't make sense to me and it shouldn't to you.

I think you may have misunderstood my point. I'm simply saying I wouldn't at all be supprised if EA, Activision and the rest are behind MS & Sony on this.
You buy a second hand game, pop it in, can't run the game, are re-routed to some online shop to buy an activation patch, because the game has already been licenced to another console/user/whatever. It sucks but thats how it will work.
#126Jinzo 111887Posted 1/5/2013 10:32:56 PM(edited)
Shineboxer posted...

I think you may have misunderstood my point. I'm simply saying I wouldn't at all be supprised if EA, Activision and the rest are behind MS & Sony on this.
You buy a second hand game, pop it in, can't run the game, are re-routed to some online shop to buy an activation patch, because the game has already been licenced to another console/user/whatever. It sucks but thats how it will work.

Unless the console gets hacked in a similar manner to how the Wii. In which case, they could end up playing an unwinnable game of whack-a-mole with console hackers. The firmware wasn't changed, hackers exploited something else to install their own loader, Ninty tried to block the exploit, hackers made new ones, Ninty tried to block the loader from installing by blocking it's channel ID, hackers just changed it to something else.
---
"Michael Vick was arrested for getting in an assault plane and shooting down other planes?" - L0Z