This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Used games have been gone from PC gaming for a long time

#31SayoriaPosted 1/3/2013 6:36:45 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
I like my options.

funny... last i looked console companies have tried their hardest to strip you of your "options".

http://tinyurl.com/43p7a82

educate yourself.

Which is why I am against gaming lately, and am quitting after my PS3 gets nothing more I want. PC gamers have lost what I liked, and console developers are trying to restrict consoles as much, if not, worse. Sorry. No thanks.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#32AsucaHayashiPosted 1/3/2013 6:45:20 PM
PC gamers have lost what I liked

which is what exactly?

from where i'm standing the PC platform is the most pro-consumer platform of the bunch where the relationship between the supplier and the ones in demand are at an almost perfect balance given the current state of gaming.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#33NicodimusPosted 1/3/2013 6:55:57 PM
You can download a PC game illegally for free. You can't download a PS3 game for free.

Sure you can. Most of us choose not to, but you certainly can.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#34GoatJugSoupPosted 1/3/2013 6:58:12 PM
Ryu X posted...
Now that Sony has patented new tech to stop used games on consoles everyone seems to be complaining. But the thing is that its been that way for PC games for ages. You can't resell or trade in a PC game. Nobody really complains about this.

I see people say some dumb stuff like how they are going to buy a Steam Box or go PC only next gen. instead of PS4 Well guess what if you bought a Steam Box or go PC only you won't have your used games either.

PC gamers have steam though and there are so many games on there dirt cheap that it doesn't matter. I don't see that being the case for consoles any time soon.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#35mantezPosted 1/3/2013 7:02:51 PM
este914 posted...
Developers and Publishers are so entitled this generation!

Fixed that for you.

If the Developers and Publishers want a cut of used sales maybe they should open their own used games store.
---
The ship is safer in the harbour, but it is not meant for that.
#36SayoriaPosted 1/3/2013 7:03:42 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...

which is what exactly?

from where i'm standing the PC platform is the most pro-consumer platform of the bunch where the relationship between the supplier and the ones in demand are at an almost perfect balance given the current state of gaming.

No controller. (Don't care if you can mod it or whatever, I am not a technological nerd like that)
Not so many disc-based games anymore.
Online passes, which aren't new, I don't like those, and want no part of them.
Online subscriptions, which console games don't and haven't had until semi-recent.
....for starters.

I want a console, not a PC. If I wanted a PC, I would get a gaming PC, not a console. Since I want console games, I want to be offered what a console should be offering, not what a PC offers.

People go around acting like everyone who owns a console has been gaming on their PC just as long, when in reality, that is far from true. It isn't that I am not used to it, it is that I don't, and will not ever want those things happening. Since I have no control over it, and obviously all of that WILL be happening, I will save my 60+ dollars a game and find a cheaper hobby.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#37ShinXaguraPosted 1/3/2013 7:07:12 PM
Motsu posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...

which is what exactly?

No controller. (Don't care if you can mod it or whatever, I am not a technological nerd like that)
Online subscriptions, which console games don't and haven't had until semi-recent.
....for starters.

I want a console, not a PC. If I wanted a PC, I would get a gaming PC, not a console. Since I want console games, I want to be offered what a console should be offering, not what a PC offers.

People go around acting like everyone who owns a console has been gaming on their PC just as long, when in reality, that is far from true. It isn't that I am not used to it, it is that I don't, and will not ever want those things happening. Since I have no control over it, and obviously all of that WILL be happening, I will save my 60+ dollars a game and find a cheaper hobby.

This
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#38ShineboxerPosted 1/3/2013 7:07:23 PM
Motsu posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...

which is what exactly?

....for starters.

Good, plain ignorance, simple and a good methodology for the lazy.
#39ZarchoniaPosted 1/3/2013 7:10:40 PM
SoleilArclion posted...
BMXJouster posted...
darkness1018 posted...
Not every one wants to spend over $1000 just to have a gaming PC, that's crazy. I never have and maybe never will like PC gaming.

Except it doesn't cost $1000 to build a gaming PC. You can build one for $500 or less that will outperform the PS3 easily and play newer games on decent settings for years.

Lie. Unless you bought secondhand, your case and cpu are half/+ of that $500.

I Can show you proof of a computer I built almost 3 years ago that still plays most games on MAXIMUM settings without any trouble for about $500.

Stop showing your ignorance.
---
"How do you prove we exist? Maybe we don't exist." -Vivi
#40NicodimusPosted 1/3/2013 7:10:44 PM

While the rest of your post is a valid viewpoint, I have to call you out on this.

Buying a corded 360 controller and plugging it into a USB port is equally simple to using a controller on a console.

You can also use a PS3 controller that you already own, if you can invest like 60 seconds to download MotionInJoy and plug that into the same USB port just like the 360 controller.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford