This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Used games have been gone from PC gaming for a long time

#51shawnmckPosted 1/3/2013 7:11:42 PM
Stealthlys posted...
If you buy used games you are as equal as a pirate.

The only exception is discontinued games, unless they remade em.

Used game buyer=pirate.

^ By your logic, if I buy a used car, clothes, dvd, etc...then I am a "pirate."

Sorry, but your logic is flawed & nonsensical.
#52BurgerTime79Posted 1/3/2013 7:12:35 PM
People were content with buying a PC game and not being able to trade it in, because PC gaming has existed since before stores really popularized the idea. People would also buy $50-60 games back in the day with no knowledge of how good it was. These days a game could get score of 90, and people cry that $20 may be too expensive for it. PC gamers have also had to resort to emulation and hacking in order to play older PC games. Either that, or re buy the same games through websites digitally.

By blocked used games to be played on their system, Sony is either ensuring that they're system die off, or that they're giving the big middle finger to their loyal customers who don't give a **** about digital distribution.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#53Bapps44Posted 1/3/2013 7:12:48 PM

Used game buyer=pirate.

i remember when i was 5
#54TIGERJACKS0NPosted 1/3/2013 7:14:13 PM
Stealthlys posted...

Used game buyer=pirate.

lol @ you being alive
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#55StealthlysPosted 1/3/2013 7:15:38 PM
This is why the game industry is ruined. ^ pirates all of them.
#56NicodimusPosted 1/3/2013 7:15:51 PM

I shop at the thrift store. I get new jeans for $5 instead of $50 and they work equally well. Does that also mean I'm a pirate?

I bought my car used, because after 4 years it was 50% of the initial price. Am I pirating again?

Your logic about used items doesn't really hold water.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#57PezofpowerPosted 1/3/2013 7:16:51 PM
SoleilArclion posted...
BMXJouster posted...
darkness1018 posted...
Not every one wants to spend over $1000 just to have a gaming PC, that's crazy. I never have and maybe never will like PC gaming.

Except it doesn't cost $1000 to build a gaming PC. You can build one for $500 or less that will outperform the PS3 easily and play newer games on decent settings for years.

Lie. Unless you bought secondhand, your case and cpu are half/+ of that $500.

I paid $620 after shipping and taxes two years ago, I can run Battlefield 3 on medium settings. You're clearly ignorant or deliberately trying not getting a bang for your buck.
---
PSN:Pezofpower
#58Sevi_neyPosted 1/3/2013 7:17:23 PM
Nicodimus posted...

I shop at the thrift store. I get new jeans for $5 instead of $50 and they work equally well. Does that also mean I'm a pirate?

I bought my car used, because after 4 years it was 50% of the initial price. Am I pirating again?

Your logic about used items doesn't really hold water.

No, it does if everyone's a pirate. Let's all be pirates! Yar-har-fiddle-de-dee...
---
I got into game design because I loved kids. I wanted to make them happy and give them something fun to do. Now I want them all to die. ~ game designer Totality
#59gamerboy100Posted 1/3/2013 7:18:04 PM
Stealthlys posted...

Used game buyer=pirate.

It's not piracy. Ever heard of the first-sale doctrine?
#60AsellusPosted 1/3/2013 7:19:36 PM
PC gamers have also had to resort to emulation and hacking in order to play older PC games. Either that, or re buy the same games through websites digitally.

Er, really no. There's Doxbox for Dos-era titles (~ Pre 1995'ish after which most stuff started moving to Windows) but that's about it. And from a practical standpoint that's actually much easier than trying to get stuff to run properly on a real dos machine ever was.

Where does "hacking" come into it?