This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Used games have been gone from PC gaming for a long time

#61jrr18Posted 1/3/2013 8:20:01 PM
Sevi_ney posted...
Nicodimus posted...
If you buy used games you are as equal as a pirate.

I shop at the thrift store. I get new jeans for $5 instead of $50 and they work equally well. Does that also mean I'm a pirate?

I bought my car used, because after 4 years it was 50% of the initial price. Am I pirating again?

Your logic about used items doesn't really hold water.

No, it does if everyone's a pirate. Let's all be pirates! Yar-har-fiddle-de-dee...

Dibs on the cool hat!
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#62BurgerTime79Posted 1/3/2013 8:21:23 PM
Pezofpower posted...
I paid $620 after shipping and taxes two years ago, I can run Battlefield 3 on medium settings. You're clearly ignorant or deliberately trying not getting a bang for your buck.

Here's the thing though. Dedicated PC gamers, they'd have already updated their system twice or more by now, and playing that game on medium settings is like telling them to go buy the Wii version. PC gaming is a whole other boat when it comes to what people accept. I paid a little over $300 to get a new motherboard, CPU, graphics card and some RAM for my computer, and that amount to some PC gamers is blasphemy.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#63PezofpowerPosted 1/3/2013 8:21:30 PM
Motsu posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
PC gamers have lost what I liked

which is what exactly?

from where i'm standing the PC platform is the most pro-consumer platform of the bunch where the relationship between the supplier and the ones in demand are at an almost perfect balance given the current state of gaming.

No controller. (Don't care if you can mod it or whatever, I am not a technological nerd like that)
Not so many disc-based games anymore.
Online passes, which aren't new, I don't like those, and want no part of them.
Online subscriptions, which console games don't and haven't had until semi-recent.
....for starters.

I want a console, not a PC. If I wanted a PC, I would get a gaming PC, not a console. Since I want console games, I want to be offered what a console should be offering, not what a PC offers.

People go around acting like everyone who owns a console has been gaming on their PC just as long, when in reality, that is far from true. It isn't that I am not used to it, it is that I don't, and will not ever want those things happening. Since I have no control over it, and obviously all of that WILL be happening, I will save my 60+ dollars a game and find a cheaper hobby.

You refusing to educate yourself on what you need to do to save you money and resources is not the problem of everyone else. Gaming doesn't need you, you aren't special these things are the norm now if you don't like the norm go be beardhurt elsewhere.
---
PSN:Pezofpower
#64StealthlysPosted 1/3/2013 8:22:12 PM
Gaben supports piracy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taR8xb4RdpM

But still, you still hurt the industry, if you buy games used. Srsly I seen a lot cheapos at gamestop save 5 bucks for a used copy, instead of just paying it new for 60 USD, on a game that just came out.
#65PezofpowerPosted 1/3/2013 8:23:24 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
Pezofpower posted...
I paid $620 after shipping and taxes two years ago, I can run Battlefield 3 on medium settings. You're clearly ignorant or deliberately trying not getting a bang for your buck.

Here's the thing though. Dedicated PC gamers, they'd have already updated their system twice or more by now, and playing that game on medium settings is like telling them to go buy the Wii version. PC gaming is a whole other boat when it comes to what people accept. I paid a little over $300 to get a new motherboard, CPU, graphics card and some RAM for my computer, and that amount to some PC gamers is blasphemy.

I'm a dedicated pc gamer, the graphics boner most gamers have in general these days is the real issue with that. You play a game for the GAME PLAY, not how shiny it is, go watch a movie otherwise. This logic is flawed.
---
PSN:Pezofpower
#66SayoriaPosted 1/3/2013 8:27:45 PM
Shineboxer posted...
Motsu posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...

which is what exactly?

from where i'm standing the PC platform is the most pro-consumer platform of the bunch where the relationship between the supplier and the ones in demand are at an almost perfect balance given the current state of gaming.

No controller. (Don't care if you can mod it or whatever, I am not a technological nerd like that)
Online subscriptions, which console games don't and haven't had until semi-recent.
....for starters.

I want a console, not a PC. If I wanted a PC, I would get a gaming PC, not a console. Since I want console games, I want to be offered what a console should be offering, not what a PC offers.

People go around acting like everyone who owns a console has been gaming on their PC just as long, when in reality, that is far from true. It isn't that I am not used to it, it is that I don't, and will not ever want those things happening. Since I have no control over it, and obviously all of that WILL be happening, I will save my 60+ dollars a game and find a cheaper hobby.

Good, plain ignorance, simple and a good methodology for the lazy.

This amuses me, coming from the king of ignorance himself.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#67SayoriaPosted 1/3/2013 8:32:17 PM
Pezofpower posted...
Motsu posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...

which is what exactly?

....for starters.

You refusing to educate yourself on what you need to do to save you money and resources is not the problem of everyone else. Gaming doesn't need you, you aren't special these things are the norm now if you don't like the norm go be beardhurt elsewhere.

Didn't I not say I was quitting? Jesus, go put in your hearing aids, get your seeing-eye glasses, or go learn English as a second language because OBVIOUSLY you aren't understanding that.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#68VanderZooPosted 1/3/2013 8:39:59 PM
PC has set a lot of trends that aren't necessarily good for consoles (DRM, installations, patches). The whole point of a console is that they're quick, easy and convenient. I was shocked when the Wii U came and had to have a 5 hour patch for the system and for it's games on day 1.

That's not what console gaming is suppose to be about.
#69BurgerTime79Posted 1/3/2013 8:43:25 PM
Pezofpower posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
Pezofpower posted...

I'm a dedicated pc gamer, the graphics boner most gamers have in general these days is the real issue with that. You play a game for the GAME PLAY, not how shiny it is, go watch a movie otherwise. This logic is flawed.

And they'd likely not consider you a dedicated PC gamer. Not saying you're not, but I've seen too many people on these boards, and in real life, act like yesterday's graphics card is too old and you have to update. I'm not defending the people who only care about graphics. I'm saying that they exist, and running the game at lower setting insults them.
I laugh at the people who nitpick and take apart Lensoftruth pictures and then go play my Intellivision on my HDTV. Of course I care about gameplay. If I didn't, I'd have a difficult time playing anything in my collection before the current generation.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#70darklinkfan55Posted 1/3/2013 8:50:50 PM
pc games are like a million times cheaper and BETTER
---
~everyone has a darkside, link has two~