This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, bye-bye, Playstation. :(

#1megax11Posted 1/3/2013 6:05:14 PM
I knew it was coming. The patent is just the start of what is the Sony Playstation downfall.

See, kiddos, this is what happens when too much money is never enough. Well, to companies that have money and aren't on junk status. Anyhow, Sony doesn't want used games playing on their next console. We know that's what's coming. Why? They probably want total profits from game sales. They don't want people trading in games, buying used games, trading them in, and shuffling them around on the aftermarket. They want a piece of the pie.

They are shooting themselves in the foot. How? Well, first off, not everyone likes to buy new games. Second off, people are going to be mad, when their friend comes to sleep over, and the other friend asks, "Hey, bring your copy of *insert game here* so we can play it tonight."

Oh, no. Now, Joe-blow-gamer will now have to bring his entire system.

Not only that, but this is what you could call physical DRM. Game discs are tied to specific accounts, just like downloads.

All I can say is, I am out of the Sony club now. Whatever is left for the PS3, is all I am buying. I know a lot of Sony fanboys will continue to flock in their direction, because they don't mind taking mommy or daddies money and buying games they can only use on one system, or through the hard earned money they earned themselves. I guess my neighbor across the street is right. Us humans have more money than sense.

I always stated that when gaming became digital download only, or games were tied to certain consoles, I would no longer support said console.

So, when PS4 comes out, if this is instated, I will not buy it. Then again, I wouldn't have bought a PS4 anyway, if it was over 400 bucks and only offered me ONE game at launch *cough*PS3*Resistance*600 bucks*cough*

If this is instated, Playstation will be dead in my eyes. I will go from being the Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo fanboy, to the Miscrosoft and Nintendo fanboy, but without the childishness of the broke fan-trolls that lurk around certain internet sites.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#2CorathTheHungPosted 1/3/2013 6:10:09 PM
Waste of a topic, delete it.
#3PendragoonPosted 1/3/2013 6:10:36 PM
I agree, any system that implements a complete used lockout is dead to me. Hopefully they don't use this tech, but if they do, I will truly be Nintendo only next gen...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#4Ghost_Reaper7Posted 1/3/2013 6:10:37 PM
CorathTheHung posted...

---
The Walking Dead Season 1, Oct 31st 2010 on AMC!!
#5RyuuHou25Posted 1/3/2013 6:11:05 PM
Ghost_Reaper7 posted...
CorathTheHung posted...

---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#6Sharpshooter_x5Posted 1/3/2013 6:13:45 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Ghost_Reaper7 posted...
CorathTheHung posted...

---
PSN-sharpshooter_x56 FC-3438 6280 3436
"remember kids, just say no to chloroform"-Craig Ferguson
#7ShineboxerPosted 1/3/2013 6:16:32 PM(edited)
Ghost_Reaper7 posted...
CorathTheHung posted...

I guess Sony is going to be passing out a lot of checks soon.
#8PendragoonPosted 1/3/2013 6:16:34 PM
Before people jump in and say used games only save you $3-5 I usually can get a used copy at more than 25% off within 3 weeks of the games launch. Even more depending on how fast people trade them off.

Sometimes sales on new copies will match for preorders or fire sales on inventory, but if used games are killed off, all these sales vanish.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#9BenzychenzPosted 1/3/2013 6:19:03 PM
*runs into Nintendo's arms*
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#10megax11(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 6:20:21 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
I agree, any system that implements a complete used lockout is dead to me. Hopefully they don't use this tech, but if they do, I will truly be Nintendo only next gen...

I guess the good thing about this is, I get to save even more money in the 8th generation (Wii U, 720, PS4, 3DS, Vita).

More money saved is fine by me, especially with how much I invest in gaming a year.

However, I can't lie and say I won't be sad. PS1 and the early years of PS2 were awesome. Then Sony got all graphics mean more than gameplay, and started losing the imagination it once had when it came to quality exclusives.

I bet if any company ever stays in the physical game market, who doesn't care about the aftermarket, it will be Nintendo. I expect MS to follow behind Sony on this, in which, they will be dead to me too.

I can slowly but surely smell my retirement from game buying... IF all systems go DL only. I will spend time filling out anything I may want but don't have at this time and sit on my collection until I die.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178