This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why is everyone crying about sony's used game pat?

#21Thor61Posted 1/3/2013 8:00:57 PM
I don't buy used so I don't really care, but I think Sony's greediness will come around to bite them in the ass.
#22zinsindettaPosted 1/3/2013 8:04:53 PM
I hate punks that think they can tell other people to stop being cheap.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#23legionofpancakePosted 1/3/2013 8:05:15 PM
Think about it this way: It's like when big ol' Wal-Mart comes into towns and puts all the mom and pop stores out of business. And I'm not talking about GameStop, either. There are a lot of other resale stores, smaller and local businesses that rely on their game sales, too. It's gonna suck to see them potentially go out of business.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#24lostkiwiPosted 1/3/2013 8:06:47 PM
Sophistication posted...
Get over it... stop being cheap and start paying your way. I stopped buying physical media back I'm July and now buy everything digital. I am in the process of selling off ny last remaining 30 or 40 games and as soon as they go digital I will.

I'm all for the ban on used games, but more so for all digital. That solves everything. Can't steal a psn game. You can share them... just can't steal them. I love it.

That's quite ironic, considering that's what the patent is trying to prevent.

Anyway, the used game situation doesn't really bother me, since I always buy new. And in my previous years of being a PC gamer I, like you, moved to digital distribution a long time ago as well, so long as the price is competitive (which unfortunately here in Australia it usually isn't).
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#25Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 8:07:46 PM
legionofpancake posted...
Think about it this way: It's like when big ol' Wal-Mart comes into towns and puts all the mom and pop stores out of business. And I'm not talking about GameStop, either. There are a lot of other resale stores, smaller and local businesses that rely on their game sales, too. It's gonna suck to see them potentially go out of business.

Get while the getting was good... and come on, who dabbles in used games outside of a few chains and pawn shops? Nobody.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#26Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 8:12:08 PM
lostkiwi posted...
Sophistication posted...
Get over it... stop being cheap and start paying your way. I stopped buying physical media back I'm July and now buy everything digital. I am in the process of selling off ny last remaining 30 or 40 games and as soon as they go digital I will.

I'm all for the ban on used games, but more so for all digital. That solves everything. Can't steal a psn game. You can share them... just can't steal them. I love it.

Anyway, the used game situation doesn't really bother me, since I always buy new. And in my previous years of being a PC gamer I, like you, moved to digital distribution a long time ago as well, so long as the price is competitive (which unfortunately here in Australia it usually isn't).

You excluded my point... I am getting away from physical media. I was unable to do so until this gen. I will never buy another physical game again. I do not need to sell anymore after this gen. Simple.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
#27jrr18Posted 1/3/2013 8:15:10 PM
Sophistication posted...
lostkiwi posted...
Sophistication posted...

You excluded my point... I am getting away from physical media. I was unable to do so until this gen. I will never buy another physical game again. I do not need to sell anymore after this gen. Simple.

All DD is not going to happen. Bandwidth is not infinite and most of the good wave lengths are being used.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#28legionofpancakePosted 1/3/2013 8:18:15 PM
Sophistication posted...
legionofpancake posted...

Get while the getting was good... and come on, who dabbles in used games outside of a few chains and pawn shops? Nobody.

I'm pretty sure quite a few people do. If only even one person does, then there are more. You might not, but that doesn't mean other people don't either.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#29chiefofsb78Posted 1/3/2013 8:21:40 PM
I dont buy used games either but i think it still sucks in a way but i understand it makes no different to me
#30Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 8:25:50 PM
Where was this dedicated support for mom and pop arcade owners who went out of business? That argument holds no water.
---