This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would people rather give their money to EB/Gamestop than to developers?

#1-Damien-Posted 1/3/2013 7:35:02 PM(edited)
If you buy used, not a single cent goes to the developers or Sony.

All that profit goes to Gamestop, who does nothing but ripping people off. They buy used new games for 30 bucks and re-sale them at 55 bucks, only 5 bucks lower than new copy.

So for 5 bucks lower you really would rather give your money to EB/Gamestop than to the developers who make the games?
#2Sevi_neyPosted 1/3/2013 7:35:55 PM
No. But we also don't want to buy games like Hitman 5 for 70$ only to find them too boring and restrictive to play, despite a supposed AAA status.
---
I got into game design because I loved kids. I wanted to make them happy and give them something fun to do. Now I want them all to die. ~ game designer Totality
#3OmegaPosted 1/3/2013 7:36:14 PM
Ya y they do that?
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#4fvzzPosted 1/3/2013 7:36:34 PM
um, youre only referring to prices of a recently released used game.
#5ShinXaguraPosted 1/3/2013 8:16:42 PM(edited)
Because its their money. Gamers have different opinion.
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#6tmons78Posted 1/3/2013 7:38:34 PM
-Damien- posted...
If you buy used, not a single cent goes to the developers or Sony.

How much money goes to the developer if you buy new?
#7Valnor50Posted 1/3/2013 7:39:34 PM
Most people don't give one damn because they only think in the short term. Forget game developers, the real problem is our society collapsing because of the way we think.
#8PangLaPosted 1/3/2013 7:43:15 PM
The things is a lot of the older games cannot be found new so you have to buy a used copy. If Sony kill used games than we won't be able to get the less popular games. I don't wanna end up paying $500 for a Jrpg online because some idiot bought all of them.
#9KikuichimonjiPosted 1/3/2013 7:43:34 PM
I think it's just a price prepared for until the game is no longer in shipment. People are then forced to pay for the used price if they can't find a new copy anywhere.
---
There's no point telling stupid people that they're stupid. They're too stupid to know that they're stupid. Wasted effort.
#10IChangedMyNamePosted 1/3/2013 7:43:52 PM
Honestly, I mostly buy used games I've already bought new at some point anyways so this is a stupid, STUPID theory about GS/EB 'taking money' away from devs.

I know plenty of people who just re-buy the games the've already bought in fact this helps the devs more than people believe it so. They got theirs, and now gamers are giving back the games for another game half the time.

-Damien- topic... Hmm, oh well I've said my piece.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)