This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would people rather give their money to EB/Gamestop than to developers?

#61StriderNemesisPosted 1/3/2013 9:12:19 PM
IChangedMyName posted...
thisismyusernme posted...
Get 50% extra trade in credit on a game they'll usually only give you 50 cents for? WOWEE! Man I should have gone into this business years ago. There's a sucker born every minute

Look how conveniently you don't mention the games resell price! Wowee, logic sure escapes you when it isn't in your favor!

50 cents from 5 buxs is 10% of the resell value buddy, do you want them to give you over 50% of what they sell it for?

There's clearly under educated people born everyday.

Aren't all people born uneducated? Do you even know what education is?
#62IChangedMyNamePosted 1/3/2013 9:12:58 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
I grabbed the first few $5 games I saw and looked up the values. Don't like that. Tough. Don't think the games are good? Too bad, because I asked for a suggestion for another game to look up. No, I'm not including promotions or special deals, because that's not a refection of their actual prices.

I'm not saying your bad for doing, you've done more than thisismetalkingoutmyass over there.

I'm just trying to suggest the games price is also a relfection of its trade and its price is affected by its availability, its popularity and onward.

The promos thing was more or less just me saying that the flat rates aren't normally what you'll get overall.

If it was strictly cash trades we were talking about, those are aweful beyond belief at GS.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#63thisismyusernmePosted 1/3/2013 9:13:11 PM
IChangedMyName posted...
Get 50% extra trade in credit on a game they'll usually only give you 50 cents for? WOWEE! Man I should have gone into this business years ago. There's a sucker born every minute

Look how conveniently you don't mention the games resell price! Wowee, logic sure escapes you when it isn't in your favor!

50 cents from 5 buxs is 10% of the resell value buddy, do you want them to give you over 50% of what they sell it for?

Selling them a game for 75 cents so they can sell it for $5 is totally fair. lol you're hilarious. These days are over get used to it
---
Clan Leader, Status-DISAVOWED
#64BurgerTime79Posted 1/3/2013 9:13:26 PM
They aren't a pawn shop, they're a retailer remember?

They operate their used sales in the same way that a pawn shop would. I didn't specifically state that they were in all actuality a pawn shop and not a retailer. The same way anyone who is purchasing product from someone else with the intent of reselling it would operate.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#65IChangedMyNamePosted 1/3/2013 9:13:27 PM
StriderNemesis posted...
IChangedMyName posted...

Godammit >_<

Go away.
---
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#66Valnor50Posted 1/3/2013 9:13:38 PM
Thor61 posted...
I'm not a corporate loyalist. I look out for the best deal I can get, nothing more.

You should get on ebay then.
#67IChangedMyNamePosted 1/3/2013 9:16:40 PM
Selling them a game for 75 cents so they can sell it for $5 is totally fair. lol you're hilarious. These days are over get used to it

And selling a broken game cost them money, thats not fair. Convenient again how you think its a perfect world where everyone does things by the books, People are sleezy and will often pull one over on GS and in the end GS has to somehow protect its best interest too.
---
#68BurgerTime79Posted 1/3/2013 9:17:06 PM
It's also not helping Changed that I keep getting the two of you mixed up at a glance :p
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#69thisismyusernmePosted 1/3/2013 9:20:47 PM(edited)
IChangedMyName posted...

And selling a broken game cost them money, thats not fair. Convenient again how you think its a perfect world where everyone does things by the books, People are sleezy and will often pull one over on GS and in the end GS has to somehow protect its best interest too.

Well then GameStop will soon no longer be able to rip off customers and customers will no longer be able to rip them off in return, and publishers get the money they should have gotten in the first place. Win win win

You know why they don't say no to those "broken" used games? They can just inspect them and reject them but they don't It's because they don't care. Some moron will come along and scoop it up

---
#70thisismyusernmePosted 1/3/2013 9:21:25 PM
IChangedMyName posted...
StriderNemesis posted...
IChangedMyName posted...

Godammit >_<

Go away.

Getting tired of getting called on your bull**** and ice skating uphill?
---