This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would people rather give their money to EB/Gamestop than to developers?

#71IChangedMyNamePosted 1/3/2013 9:22:42 PM
thisismyusernme posted...
Well then GameStop will soon no longer be able to rip off customers and customers will no longer be able to rip them off in return, and publishers get the money they should have gotten in the first place. Win win win

Except, once again your ignoring my earlier post that the resell values are dictated by the Devs/Pubs in the first place. GS doesn't want to overstep its boundary with Devs/Pubs which is why games are sold for a measely 5 dollar difference.

As I stated before in this topic, who would buy a new game at 59.99 IF GS sold that same game for 39.99 or 44.99? the difference handicapps the Devs/Pubs and will make relations between them unstable.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#72OneEyedBillPosted 1/3/2013 9:24:00 PM
Why would people rather give their money to EB/Gamestop than to developers?

It's cheaper. If it's only $5 difference, I'll buy the new one... but not because I care about developers. Just because it's better to own a new copy. But if the used one is $10 less, I go used (unless it requires an online pass, which completely negates the $10 difference). I usually only buy used when you get 3 for the price of two.

If I want a game bad enough, I'll buy it when it comes out.
#73IChangedMyNamePosted 1/3/2013 9:25:34 PM
Getting tired of getting called on your bull**** and ice skating uphill?

Getting tired of not being smart enough to call me on this yourself and skating down a slipperly slope of I suck at this?

Seriously, at least he made a point that funny, your like Krusty the Clown, desperate, broke and always prying at any chance whether its yours or not.
---
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#74thisismyusernmePosted 1/3/2013 9:25:49 PM
IChangedMyName posted...
Well then GameStop will soon no longer be able to rip off customers and customers will no longer be able to rip them off in return, and publishers get the money they should have gotten in the first place. Win win win

Except, once again your ignoring my earlier post that the resell values are dictated by the Devs/Pubs in the first place. GS doesn't want to overstep its boundary with Devs/Pubs which is why games are sold for a measely 5 dollar difference.

As I stated before in this topic, who would buy a new game at 59.99 IF GS sold that same game for 39.99 or 44.99? the difference handicapps the Devs/Pubs and will make relations between them unstable.

HAHAHAHA are you serious?! MSRP - manufacturers suggested retail price. Retailers can charge whatever the hell they want. They sell THEIR "new" used games for $5 less then the publishers new games because most people will buy the cheaper one and that nets them a $25 profit every time. Win for GameStop, lose for publisher. They've already damaged their relations why do you think this change is coming?
---
Clan Leader, Status-DISAVOWED
#75realskillz1990Posted 1/3/2013 9:27:11 PM
The gamestop hate is so ridiculous is this the popular thing to do now here. I went into gamestop today and bought all used and with "manuals" uncharted 3(with online pass), umvc3, and sfxtk for around 40 bucks with a buy 2 get 1 free coupon. Why would I care about the developers if they cant adapt with their prices and it's a night and day difference gamestop is clearly offering the better deal here.
---
You release your game and it has disc locked content and day 1 dlc I will just buy your game used.
#76IChangedMyNamePosted 1/3/2013 9:28:04 PM
HAHAHAHA are you serious?! MSRP - manufacturers suggested retail price. Retailers can charge whatever the hell they want. They sell THEIR "new" used games for $5 less then the publishers new games because most people will buy the cheaper one and that nets them a $25 profit every time. Win for GameStop, lose for publisher. They've already damaged their relations why do you think this change is coming?

Where do you get this from? Seriously, I'm done arguing with you, your playing a strawman and I've had to explain the same things over and over to you. Your like a comic strip that repeats the same joke but in a different setting... Yes, your like Garfield pretty much. Fat, Lazy and not funny anymore.
---
#77jubjub360Posted 1/3/2013 9:31:41 PM(edited)
Is noone going to call TC out on his ridiculous oxymoron of "new" used?
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#78IChangedMyNamePosted 1/3/2013 9:31:28 PM(edited)
jubjub360 posted...
Is noone going to call TC out on his ridiculous oxymoron of "new" used?

Man, its -Damien-

Its a wasted effort, just like the other clown I argued with.

EDIT: Lol, your edit was literally my clown hahaha!
---
#79Godly_GoofPosted 1/3/2013 9:30:29 PM
I'm just amazed people are too stupid on here to realize that money has already gone back to the gaming industry via the store credit when the game gets traded in even if it doesn't when someone buys it.

But then again that realization might take literal seconds of thought and that's too much to expect I guess >.>
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#80BurgerTime79Posted 1/3/2013 9:34:19 PM
IChangedMyName posted...

Where do you get this from? Seriously, I'm done arguing with you, your playing a strawman and I've had to explain the same things over and over to you.

Yup, he's now pulling in the "new" games into the argument as another attempt to keep trashing on the store.

MSRP doesn't dictate the sale of used or pre-owned games. It's the price that stores are suggested to sell the product the publishers gave them. A store could sell a brand new game for $70 if they wanted, but they'd likely loose sales to other stores.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking