This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We need to support the PS4, not allowing used games is a GREAT thing =)!

#21lambchipsPosted 1/3/2013 10:25:24 PM
jrr18 posted...
Of course pirates don't hurt the video game industry there busy plundering Spanish ships leaving the new world. Those stupid hackers who get game for free on the other hand should be banned from any gaming service of any kind for being greedy morons and maybe face a fine and some light jail time.

no they shouldnt, people that buy used should be banned
those hackers you talked about wouldnt have spent money on a game to begin with... so theres no loss sale

however those that buy used intended to spend money on games...which is why they buy
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#22jrr18Posted 1/3/2013 10:26:07 PM
Sophistication posted...
jrr18 posted...
Sophistication posted...
I buy all my games digitally, so I don't care what happens in this whole physical media fiasco... I'm glad something's being done to strengthen the industry, though. Then again, it could backfire and cripple it for 5 or 6 years like back in the 80's... Well, until someone comes along with a solution -- like Nintendo did back in the 80's.

Meh, who cares... I will continue to buy digitally until the industry crashes.

Band width limit. Mwha ha ha ha ha. Digital distribution will fail. Mwha ha ha ha ha.

I'm good on bandwidth... They just raised my cap from 300 to 400gb. I'm running a smooth 100mb connection, too.

No I mean the fact we have allocated most of the radiation spectrum that can be used for transmitting data wirelessly.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#23RyuuHou25Posted 1/3/2013 10:31:24 PM
Sophistication posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Sophistication posted...
I buy all my games digitally, so I don't care what happens in this whole physical media fiasco... I'm glad something's being done to strengthen the industry, though. Then again, it could backfire and cripple it for 5 or 6 years like back in the 80's... Well, until someone comes along with a solution -- like Nintendo did back in the 80's.

Meh, who cares... I will continue to buy digitally until the industry crashes.

Have fun with that when your console coded games suddently disappear once the console dies. Whoops!

Who cares? That's the same argument I used about online games the otherday and you and several others toasted my backside for it.

I said, when making the claim of digital vs physical: "what difference does it make if you own a physical copy of a game when all you play is the online portion? As soon as the server goes down, so does your physical copy. It's then worthless."

And everyone said well... You can re-sell it and blah and blah and blah... But who's going to buy a game that the servers are shut down on? And if they did, how much would you get out of it, 60 cents?

Digital>Physical any day.

I didn't comment on that thread, but ooookay.

And that's not the same, that's addressing a particular part of a vast group, many people would just play the single player, there are few games that are online only, that no longer work. And those were decried for the same reasons.

The PSP Go died because of its distribution method and trying to completely eradicate used games. They, wisely, did not discontinue the PSP, because otherwise people would have instantly lost nearly all value in their PSP collections.

The current system as it is now, is not perfect, but the one people are advocating with blocking used games can and will stretch out past more than just video games eventually, if it comes to pass.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#24ShinXaguraPosted 1/3/2013 10:32:26 PM
lambchips posted...
jrr18 posted...
Of course pirates don't hurt the video game industry there busy plundering Spanish ships leaving the new world. Those stupid hackers who get game for free on the other hand should be banned from any gaming service of any kind for being greedy morons and maybe face a fine and some light jail time.

those hackers you talked about wouldnt have spent money on a game to begin with... so theres no loss sale

however those that buy used intended to spend money on games...which is why they buy

This is the dumbest post I every read.
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#25jrr18Posted 1/3/2013 10:33:23 PM
ShinXagura posted...
lambchips posted...
jrr18 posted...

Mine or lambchips?
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#26RyuuHou25Posted 1/3/2013 10:33:53 PM
lambchips posted...
jrr18 posted...

You speak as if you've never borrowed or received anything as a gift or what not. They don't want to just stop used game sales, they want you to never loan or borrow or trade or anything like that. Because, hey, if they want the game and borrowed it from you, they could have just bought it!

They should be banned too!!
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#27AlltraPosted 1/3/2013 10:36:09 PM
Gamestop's business practices will put them out of business without Sony's help.

Used games are NOT an issue.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#28lambchipsPosted 1/3/2013 10:37:16 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
You speak as if you've never borrowed or received anything as a gift or what not. They don't want to just stop used game sales, they want you to never loan or borrow or trade or anything like that. Because, hey, if they want the game and borrowed it from you, they could have just bought it!

i agree... the only way to play games is by buying them and supporting the developers... gaming is a luxury and those that cant afford it, dont deserve it
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#29SophisticationPosted 1/3/2013 10:37:26 PM
jrr18 posted...
ShinXagura posted...
lambchips posted...
jrr18 posted...

Mine or lambchips?

If it were yours he would've quoted you and not Lamb -- But I tend to agree with what Lamb was saying. Pirates don't intend on buying games... That's a fact. They just want to steal them and there is no target market demograph to swing them over into buying games... Used Gamer buyers do, however, have a market demograph and are often targeted by developers by offering DLC as incentive to buy new and other perks.

Pirates aren't going to buy games... They just aren't. The industry knows this. They can live and accept it.

Used Game Buyers, or leeches, do buy games... They just buy them used to cut corners or save some money. This, in turn, doesn't help grow the industry. It hurts it.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#30RyuuHou25Posted 1/3/2013 10:40:07 PM
lambchips posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

i agree... the only way to play games is by buying them and supporting the developers... gaming is a luxury and those that cant afford it, dont deserve it

Please learn sarcasm >.<
---