This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can anyone in their right mind be in FAVOR of locking out used games???

#1EstilPosted 1/3/2013 10:32:23 PM
Sony's little stunt about them wanting to lock out used games is an outrage and I would expect to receive universal condemnation from gamers everywhere. Yet who are these people coming out IN FAVOR of locking out used games? Seriously, there is no good side whatsoever to such a move and plenty of bad. Suppose you pay $50 for a new game, and you decide you want to sell/trade it? Just too bad? IOW, if you pay for a new game, you're essentially forced into a lifetime ownership contract. So if you are not happy with the game, you cannot sell it or even get a refund; you're just stuck with a $50 coaster.

And as others on here have said, what if you want to bring games over to a friend's house (or college dorm room or whatever) to play? Again, too bad.

And as much as "the not-real-8th gen console with the funny college name" is getting ridiculed lately, if Sony and especially Microsoft also is actually STUPID enough to go along with this whole "no used games" deal, Nintendo will have already have the 8th gen console war locked up before it really starts.

Seriously, those of you who WANT the "no used games" feature, are you guys for real?
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller
#2thisismyusernmePosted 1/3/2013 10:33:13 PM
Because I'm not a cheap ass gamer and don't buy other peoples busted ass used games
---
Clan Leader, Status-DISAVOWED
#3yankee6903Posted 1/3/2013 10:35:39 PM
thisismyusernme posted...
Because I'm not a cheap ass gamer and don't buy other peoples busted ass used games

---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#4shawnmckPosted 1/3/2013 10:35:48 PM
Because they are NOT for choice and are in effect video-game nazies.
#5poolmav2007Posted 1/3/2013 10:37:17 PM

I'm sorry if I'm someone who lives in the real (poor) world and $5 actually means something.
---
---
Cheers! Arc the Lad 2 is still my No. 1.
#6Estil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 10:37:18 PM

On disc based consoles at least, I personally do prefer new whenever possible; I'm just saying there's no good reason why the OPTION of used games shouldn't remain available. And what happens eventually down the road when the console is retired and there's hardly any new games left to go around? Imagine if I had to still by NES/SNES games brand new in shrinkwrap?
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller
#7KrustyBrownRingPosted 1/3/2013 10:54:51 PM(edited)
futile
#8yattahazePosted 1/3/2013 10:38:05 PM
My main problem (though definitely not the only one) is that there would be no way to play games that have gone out of print, and as such can only be found used. I tend to get consoles late, so this is a deal-breaker for me.

But I still don't think Sony will actually go through with it.
---
Michael: You're losing blood, aren't you?
GOB: Probably, my socks are wet.
#9RyuuHou25Posted 1/3/2013 10:38:10 PM

How about a house? A car? How about a game console? Controllers?

How about we make it so you cannot buy something for another person, ever? You can't lend/trade/borrow/gift, nothing, everyone buys for themselves!
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#10ShinXaguraPosted 1/3/2013 10:41:31 PM(edited)
I agree with TC. adding anti used game is bad idea. I like new but adding anti used on new system is dumb (IMO)
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.