This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can anyone in their right mind be in FAVOR of locking out used games???

#21RyuuHou25Posted 1/3/2013 11:10:52 PM
thisismyusernme posted...
656stooge posted...
necro00 posted...
If Sony did this, Microsoft should do the opposite and profit

Yep. The first console to lock used games WILL die.

They're all coming out next gen with this technology. The writing has been on the wall for over a year but you've all been livin in denial

And you're in denial of the death of the consoles if they do. PSP Go is a prime example.

Consoles can and do fail.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#22Estil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 11:13:38 PM
656stooge posted...
necro00 posted...

They're all coming out next gen with this technology. The writing has been on the wall for over a year but you've all been livin in denial

NOT ALL. *looks in the funny college name console's direction*
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller
#23gjc2007Posted 1/3/2013 11:13:47 PM
How can anyone in their right mind be in FAVOR of locking out used games???

It's simple: They aren't in their right mind. They simply don't have a ****ing clue about what they're talking about and just running along echoing whatever they heard last.

Much easier to do that than actually think something through and see the reality.

I'm sorry if I'm someone who lives in the real (poor) world and $5 actually means something.

Know how I can tell you don't know what you're talking about? The adorable fact that you think I only save $5 when I buy used.
---
Why used games don't hurt the industry and why content passes are bull****: http://umthumbs.gametrailers.com/users/noobiablos/gamepad/?
#24656stoogePosted 1/3/2013 11:14:31 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
656stooge posted...
necro00 posted...

And you're in denial of the death of the consoles if they do. PSP Go is a prime example.

Exactly. Hell, the PS3 had a shocking start due to some stupid ideas, and they were coming off the most successful console, the PS2, of all time.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#25DiaperDandeePosted 1/3/2013 11:16:38 PM
lambchips posted...
i totally in favour of it... i hope next gen sony and ms both lock out used games

used game sales hurt so much more than piracy... whats worse is developers dont see a cent in used games sale (hence, why sony is taking this action... if it wasnt a big deal, like ps2 days then no one would even think about taking such drastic actions)

People like you don't know what you are talking about...at all plain and simple. I see people posting "I don't buy used games so it doesn't affect me" then you must not have friends, and you must never want to take a game to a friends house. Where can I find an old game that stores don't carry new anymore? Or is that another "Oh...well that doesn't affect me either so oh well" problem as well?

You can use that "developers/companies don't see a cent on used products" for ANYTHING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. Is the phone company getting money from the phone charger my brother bought from me? Is Chevy getting the money for the used vehicle I purchased?

If Sony is the only company to do this I hope they take into account some plausible threats that could happen. People might not buy the system if they hear about this, will the "only buy new games policy" make up for the people that won't buy their system? If Sony is the only company to use this than they will be last in console sales.
---
Playing (360/WiiU): Halo 4, The Witcher 2, Batman Arkham City Armored Edition, REmake
#26thisismyusernmePosted 1/3/2013 11:17:12 PM
656stooge posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
656stooge posted...
necro00 posted...

Exactly. Hell, the PS3 had a shocking start due to some stupid ideas, and they were coming off the most successful console, the PS2, of all time.

PSP GO didn't even need to exist. Not everyone is a blind fanboy like the Nintendo and Apple crowd that re buy everything every year because a little change was made.
---
Clan Leader, Status-DISAVOWED
#27shawnmckPosted 1/3/2013 11:19:36 PM
necro00 posted...

If both companies are dumb enough to do this then... next gen wont be pretty

^ There is still the Wii-U.
#28Peltar94Posted 1/3/2013 11:19:36 PM
Not a used game user, but I am against these ideas because it will adversely affect everyone like most drm.

If it locks to console...one ylod and your whole collection is worthless. If it locks to an account, it makes it online only drm. Knowing how well they can keep their network stable means there will be periods where you couldn't play any gsmes at all.

If they were serious about the issue they would get the game publishers to not sell and make preorder bonuses for gamesellers that specialize in used game sales. Why gamestop gets special bonuses from an industry that publicly opposes their practices doesn't seem right.
#29NicodimusPosted 1/3/2013 11:20:02 PM
TC, I can legitimately answer your question.

They can be in favor of it if they own stock in the company that does it, and they think this move will make them more money (which is highly debatable, but I'm sure some people really think that it would.)
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#30lambchipsPosted 1/3/2013 11:21:24 PM
DiaperDandee posted...
People like you don't know what you are talking about...at all plain and simple. I see people posting "I don't buy used games so it doesn't affect me" then you must not have friends, and you must never want to take a game to a friends house. Where can I find an old game that stores don't carry new anymore? Or is that another "Oh...well that doesn't affect me either so oh well" problem as well?

you assume that buy games.... well i dont buy games at all, whether new or used because i dont even care about them, and never intended to sink money into them in the first place especially this gen...
^ f2p is the future and so is pc gaming, console gaming is slowly dying and the only way for it to live is by blocking used games... this way every gamer HAS to support the developers

either way i must thank the people that buy new, because they are buying games for me (someone that dont buy games and never intend to)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green