This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can anyone in their right mind be in FAVOR of locking out used games???

#51RyuuHou25Posted 1/4/2013 6:16:58 PM
gilv3r posted...
Dont buy used. I find it hard to justify paying $50 to gamestop and not the developer. I wait for price drops anyway. I say let it happen.

Yes, because 50 dollars of the price of the game goes to GS >.< You realize they make only a few dollars at most on every new game they sell? God damn widespread ignorance.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#52blackwaltz3Posted 1/4/2013 6:33:14 PM
I honestly could not care less if the console did not play used games. The only benefit I have really found with used games was when I was looking for an out of print games. I would be a lot of money that every games will be available digitally so that really will not be a problem for me anymore.

I've never bought a used PC game and it has never bothered me....
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds
#53vu_cometPosted 1/4/2013 6:41:16 PM
You actually should care about used games. The price of buying a new game could potentially rise, due to the necessity of buying new rather than buying it used for less.

Of course there are also older games that sell for far more than they had when they originally came out, as some are extremely rare finds.

Sure there would be those that would say that they wouldn't pay the price until it dropped, but there are always going to be the gamers that need to play the new game before everyone else.
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
I went ice fishing the other day and all I caught was a cold.
#54gamestop27Posted 1/4/2013 6:42:55 PM
Because these new age gamers are being held by the balls, companies like EA, Sony, etc who have employed shady practices to fight used games make stuff that these witless shills enjoy. The people who defend locking out used games, online passes, and on disc dlc see criticism of these practices as an attack on them and as a threat to the future of what they like.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~XTrEaMkILlA227
#55justchill433Posted 1/4/2013 6:44:53 PM
Sony's little stunt about them wanting to lock out used games is an outrage and I would expect to receive universal condemnation from gamers everywhere. Yet who are these people coming out IN FAVOR of locking out used games? Seriously, there is no good side whatsoever to such a move and plenty of bad. Suppose you pay $50 for a new game, and you decide you want to sell/trade it? Just too bad? IOW, if you pay for a new game, you're essentially forced into a lifetime ownership contract. So if you are not happy with the game, you cannot sell it or even get a refund; you're just stuck with a $50 coaster.

And as others on here have said, what if you want to bring games over to a friend's house (or college dorm room or whatever) to play? Again, too bad.

And as much as "the not-real-8th gen console with the funny college name" is getting ridiculed lately, if Sony and especially Microsoft also is actually STUPID enough to go along with this whole "no used games" deal, Nintendo will have already have the 8th gen console war locked up before it really starts.

Seriously, those of you who WANT the "no used games" feature, are you guys for real?

Clearly you have never gamed on a PC. Steam has ridiculous sales and GOG allows you to "sell" your DD games back for credit.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#56GM_Posted 1/5/2013 9:08:13 AM
justchill433 posted...
Sony's little stunt about them wanting to lock out used games is an outrage and I would expect to receive universal condemnation from gamers everywhere. Yet who are these people coming out IN FAVOR of locking out used games? Seriously, there is no good side whatsoever to such a move and plenty of bad. Suppose you pay $50 for a new game, and you decide you want to sell/trade it? Just too bad? IOW, if you pay for a new game, you're essentially forced into a lifetime ownership contract. So if you are not happy with the game, you cannot sell it or even get a refund; you're just stuck with a $50 coaster.

And as others on here have said, what if you want to bring games over to a friend's house (or college dorm room or whatever) to play? Again, too bad.

And as much as "the not-real-8th gen console with the funny college name" is getting ridiculed lately, if Sony and especially Microsoft also is actually STUPID enough to go along with this whole "no used games" deal, Nintendo will have already have the 8th gen console war locked up before it really starts.

Seriously, those of you who WANT the "no used games" feature, are you guys for real?

Clearly you have never gamed on a PC. Steam has ridiculous sales and GOG allows you to "sell" your DD games back for credit.

That would be GMG not GOG but yeah.
#57kingofall214Posted 1/5/2013 9:17:09 AM
I love how everyone thinks that the first console to ban used games will automatically die unless the other console follows suit. For all you know that console will get tons of 3rd party exclusives because of it.
---
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#58GM_Posted 1/5/2013 9:19:26 AM
kingofall214 posted...
I love how everyone thinks that the first console to ban used games will automatically die unless the other console follows suit. For all you know that console will get tons of 3rd party exclusives because of it.
---

I doubt it if people are actually intelligent and refuse to buy a broken product that further restricts their ability to play games on it. I actually see the Wii U becoming more popular if it ends up being the only next-gen console to allow used games.
#59kingofall214Posted 1/5/2013 9:24:08 AM
GM_ posted...
kingofall214 posted...
---

I doubt it if people are actually intelligent and refuse to buy a broken product that further restricts their ability to play games on it. I actually see the Wii U becoming more popular if it ends up being the only next-gen console to allow used games.

Oh yes steam is just hurting from all those boycotts. That is the fact of the matter. This wouldn't be the first time a gaming system was new only. PC is pretty much there already and has been for a long time. I don't understand why people are up in arms about this myself. It's not like if they did this all games would be $60 from launch to ps5. Prices will still drop.
---
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#60krucifixhorrorPosted 1/5/2013 10:08:19 AM
Dont buy games period and there wont be used games. A used game cant be used if no one buys new first.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25BT2Qsiv90
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p491ZknbESA&feature=related