This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can anyone in their right mind be in FAVOR of locking out used games???

#61Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/5/2013 10:28:23 AM
GM_ posted...
kingofall214 posted...
I love how everyone thinks that the first console to ban used games will automatically die unless the other console follows suit. For all you know that console will get tons of 3rd party exclusives because of it.
---

I doubt it if people are actually intelligent and refuse to buy a broken product that further restricts their ability to play games on it. I actually see the Wii U becoming more popular if it ends up being the only next-gen console to allow used games.

Then why doesn't PS3 do better while being the most "open" console of all time after the Net Yaroze PS1 (Region Free baby), and why does the 3DS sets sales records while being the most restricted handheld console of all time (only handheld Region Locked console) and sells so much better than VITA right now despite VITA being infinite less restricted?
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#62RyuuHou25Posted 1/5/2013 10:32:45 AM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
GM_ posted...
kingofall214 posted...
I love how everyone thinks that the first console to ban used games will automatically die unless the other console follows suit. For all you know that console will get tons of 3rd party exclusives because of it.
---

I doubt it if people are actually intelligent and refuse to buy a broken product that further restricts their ability to play games on it. I actually see the Wii U becoming more popular if it ends up being the only next-gen console to allow used games.

Then why doesn't PS3 do better while being the most "open" console of all time after the Net Yaroze PS1 (Region Free baby), and why does the 3DS sets sales records while being the most restricted handheld console of all time (only handheld Region Locked console) and sells so much better than VITA right now despite VITA being infinite less restricted?

Region restrictions have absolutely **** all to do with used games. I mean really, the hell was the point of even bringing that up in this topic?
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#63LionheartCJPosted 1/5/2013 10:40:19 AM
Because people are idiots
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWXqC7Dlhs - The Legend Of Don Piano
#64LoveFreakFlonnePosted 1/5/2013 10:45:01 AM
Rework the way used sales are managed, and a % of the profit was still sent to the developer, and that would negate the only argument people have had against it...

Of course they would find other ways to complain about it

If you are going to make it so I can't buy a used game... you better start re-releasing every game you have ever made.
---
I'm just a dirty little pop song, that keeps running through your brain. And even though you know its so wrong you're gonna love going insane.
#65Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/5/2013 11:14:14 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
GM_ posted...
kingofall214 posted...
---

Region restrictions have absolutely **** all to do with used games. I mean really, the hell was the point of even bringing that up in this topic?

Bold Part.

"product that further restricts their ability to play games on it."

Thus, I replied with proofof another product that further restricts their ability to play games on it, that goes against his claim of sales tanking.

So, back to the original point:

"I love how everyone thinks that the first console to ban used games will automatically die unless the other console follows suit. For all you know that console will get tons of 3rd party exclusives because of it."

I hope that's clear enough for you. (although I doubt you even followed the discussion)
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#66Jinzo 111887Posted 1/5/2013 2:43:51 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
GM_ posted...
kingofall214 posted...
---

Bold Part.

"product that further restricts their ability to play games on it."

Thus, I replied with proofof another product that further restricts their ability to play games on it, that goes against his claim of sales tanking.

So, back to the original point:

"I love how everyone thinks that the first console to ban used games will automatically die unless the other console follows suit. For all you know that console will get tons of 3rd party exclusives because of it."

I hope that's clear enough for you. (although I doubt you even followed the discussion)

Region lock can be hacked. It was hacked with the Wii. I wouldn't rule out it getting hacked from the Wii U at some point. Anyway, Nintendo's been region locking since day 1, so its nothing new. They only got more intense with it recently (applying it to handhelds).
---
At least Nintendo and Good Old Games are treating customers right instead of taking them for granted. They provide light during dark times.