This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Only way Sony will get away with no used games is...

#150inchDLPPosted 1/3/2013 10:15:38 PM
If PS4 actually uses off the shelf PC components. that way it will guarantee full BC with all future Playstations. Im sure as hell not going to get a PS4 unless I know all those non-sellable games will be able to transfer to my PS5. you get my drift?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/louerina
#2ShineboxerPosted 1/3/2013 10:18:31 PM
Nope, won't happen.
#3KrustyBrownRingPosted 1/3/2013 10:20:33 PM
No way would it be anything but proprietary if it were modular. Look at the Vita memory cards. You are asking for the Sega 32x all over again.
#4shawnmckPosted 1/3/2013 10:21:56 PM
The only way Sony would get away with locking out used games is if Sony offers all of their games for FREE.
And that ain't gonna happen.
#5servb0tsPosted 1/3/2013 10:25:39 PM
Even with 100% B/C, customers aren't going to stand for Blocked Used games.

Only Blind Sony Fanboys will buy a PS4 that punishes gamers. & they'll be the 1st to B**** & Complain at lack of sales from us not bending to Sonys power.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#6ShinXaguraPosted 1/3/2013 10:28:09 PM
servb0ts posted...

Only Blind Sony Fanboys will buy a PS4 that punishes gamers. & they'll be the 1st to B**** & Complain at lack of sales from us not bending to Sonys power.

100 percent. This
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#7Viet0nePosted 1/3/2013 10:53:28 PM
servb0ts posted...

Punish the small fraction of people who buy used games? No big deal.

Face it, with Sony and Microsoft both coming out with patents to deter used game sales, this was going to happen anyway. PC gaming already is this way with almost everything digital. Same is going to happen to consoles.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne