This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2013 too soon to unveil FINAL FANTASY XV?

#41Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/8/2013 6:36:40 AM(edited)
blankempathy posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Crimson681 posted...
Its not gonna be released this year or they would have given us more details by now. For all we know FF XV isn't even halfway done yet.

Maybe they should just drop the spinoffs of their garbage titles like FF XIII and realize where they screwed up and do better next time? I might buy their main series, but I absolutely refuse to buy these spin-off games.

Because FINAL FANTASY Type-0, FINAL FANTASY Dimensions, Dissidia 012 FINAL FANTASY and Theatrythm FINAL FANTASY are not masterpieces, huh?

I'd hardly call theatrthm and dimensions a masterpiece, they appeal to fans of the series, even dissidia falls into that category but at least it brings something new to the table. FF type-0 is the only game that falls into the "masterpiece" category and of course square is ignoring the fanbase that wants it localized. So unless its translated and released here its only for the hardcore fans.

Well, they are masterpieces in what they're trying to do.
Theatrythm is a masterpiece of a tribute and Dimensions is a masterpiece of a "classic entry".

I was only speaking on that front.
Of course they don't compare to big games like Type-0, A Realm Reborn, Ni no Kuni, or Xenoblade.

I hope you get the context of what I say.
Good games nonetheless don't you agree?

As for translation, it's irrelevant to me, since my native language is either japanese nor english.

As for @IHeartMetroid's post, you can easily see in this very topic exactly what was said.

And just to prove again that he spouts (irrelevant) lies, for the extra accusations on post #39 (after his irrelevant resort to accusations after being called out on lies before),

-FINAL FANTASY XIII is by far my least favorite Main FINAL FANTASY game,
-FINAL FANTASY is my favorite Main FINAL FANTASY game,
-Dissidia is my favorite game of all time (outside MGSaga).
-I don't particularly like the FFCC series, Chocobo World, Chocobo Dice, FFTA, DoCFFVII, FFIII DS, FFIV DS, FFMQ, Brigade, Chocobo's Crystal Tower, FFTSW, FFU, and many many many more.
But guess what, I don't hate most of them either (outside of TSW). I am a FINAL FANTASY fan.

And lol, no way is every Square Enix game a masterpiece.
So please, fail more, lie more, with extra irrelevant points, to a topic you were called out on.

As for me getting happy, excited and happy when a new FINAL FANTASY project gets announced, damn, what a concept, being excited for an announcement of something you're a fan of.

The criiiime!

-______________-

---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#42Alky88Posted 1/8/2013 6:42:32 AM
I'm sure FFXV is not that far. They've been putting most of their resources into XIV:ARR but there's a big secret project they've been working on for a while.
I wouldn't be surprised if Agni's Philosophy turns out to be FFXV, it's obviously not a simple tech demo.
There's no doubt that XV and Versus are both next gen at this point, Versus is not coming out on PS3 this late with the next console on the horizon.
PS4 is coming out later this year or early next year and SE told us to wait for Versus. It's highly likely that they can't speak about it because it's a next gen project and they have to wait for Sony/Microsoft to make the first move and unveil their consoles first.
E3 is gonna be interesting this year.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#43IHeartMetroidPosted 1/8/2013 6:43:54 AM
"And just to prove again that he spouts (irrelevant) lies"

Dude, are you serious, or are you just trolling? It's called FRACKING HYPERBOLIC COMPARISON. Good fricking GOD get that through your head. Nobody in their right mind actually seriously believes that there won't be a FFXV, it's an over exaggeration based upon Square's silly obsession with Lightning and the THREE fanservice games they've stuffed her in!

Now will you please find yourself someplace to nap and let people who can actually READ post in this thread?
#44ShineboxerPosted 1/8/2013 6:44:51 AM
too bad you won't see this game until 2020 and then it would still be incredibly trashy.
#45blankempathyPosted 1/8/2013 6:56:03 AM(edited)
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
blankempathy posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Crimson681 posted...
Its not gonna be released this year or they would have given us more details by now. For all we know FF XV isn't even halfway done yet.

Maybe they should just drop the spinoffs of their garbage titles like FF XIII and realize where they screwed up and do better next time? I might buy their main series, but I absolutely refuse to buy these spin-off games.

Because FINAL FANTASY Type-0, FINAL FANTASY Dimensions, Dissidia 012 FINAL FANTASY and Theatrythm FINAL FANTASY are not masterpieces, huh?

I'd hardly call theatrthm and dimensions a masterpiece, they appeal to fans of the series, even dissidia falls into that category but at least it brings something new to the table. FF type-0 is the only game that falls into the "masterpiece" category and of course square is ignoring the fanbase that wants it localized. So unless its translated and released here its only for the hardcore fans.

Theatrythm is a masterpiece of a tribute and Dimensions is a masterpiece of a "classic entry".

Of course they don't compare to big games like Type-0, A Realm Reborn, Ni no Kuni, or Xenoblade.

As for translation, it's irrelevant to me, since my native language is either japanese nor english.

As for @IHeartMetroid's post, you can easily see in this very topic exactly what was said.

And just to prove again that he spouts (irrelevant) lies, for the extra accusations on post #39 (after his irrelevant resort to accusations after being called out on lies before),

-I don't particularly like the FFCC series, Chocobo World, Chocobo Dice, FFTA, DoCFFVII, FFIII DS, FFIV DS, FFMQ, Brigade, Chocobo's Crystal Tower, FFTSW, FFU, and many many many more.
But guess what, I don't hate most of them either (outside of TSW). I am a FINAL FANTASY fan.

So please, fail more, lie more, with extra irrelevant points, to a topic you were called out on.

As for me getting happy, excited and happy when a new FINAL FANTASY project gets announced, damn, what a concept, being excited for an announcement of something you're a fan of.

The criiiime!

-______________-

I still wouldnt call them masterpieces. They're fan service. Masterpiece implies that they're amazing on their own merits. Essentialy they're games built on nostalgia which is what makes them so appealing. Even dissidia sort of falls into this category. It's still fresh enough to be its own game though.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#46Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/8/2013 6:54:10 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"And just to prove again that he spouts (irrelevant) lies"

Dude, are you serious, or are you just trolling? It's called FRACKING HYPERBOLIC COMPARISON. Good fricking GOD get that through your head. Nobody in their right mind actually seriously believes that there won't be a FFXV, it's an over exaggeration based upon Square's silly obsession with Lightning and the THREE fanservice games they've stuffed her in!

Now will you please find yourself someplace to nap and let people who can actually READ post in this thread?

Then, your use of the "No FFXV" point to enhance your bashing of certain games quality, was at least pretentious.
But if you were saying it in that context, then ok. It just seemed ridiculous keeping insisting there won't be a FINAL FANTASY XV.

Now apologise for all the baseless, irrelevant, lying accusations.
---
#47Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/8/2013 6:56:10 AM
blankempathy posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
blankempathy posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Crimson681 posted...

The criiiime!

-______________-

I still wouldnt call them masterpieces. They're fan service. Masterpiece implies that they're amazing on their own merits. Essentialy they're games built on nostalgia which is what makes them so appealing. Even dissidia falls into this category.

Well, put your own label then.
All I meant was that both Theatryhm & Dimensions are Top Tier in what they're trying to do.
---
#48abnergoinbigPosted 1/8/2013 7:41:21 AM
They should just call it Final Fantasy Versus