This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games do you want to see remastered?

#21zUkUuPosted 1/4/2013 1:57:55 AM
well silent hill 3 has no "old voices" option...

if you're interested in how terrible the port exactly is, here is a 2(!) hour long video nitpicking about every detail, and explaining everything surrounding the fiasco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wya4XhTPMcc
#22matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 2:01:54 AM
zUkUu posted...
well silent hill 3 has no "old voices" option...

if you're interested in how terrible the port exactly is, here is a 2(!) hour long video nitpicking about every detail, and explaining everything surrounding the fiasco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wya4XhTPMcc

lol Yeah I saw a little of that awhile back. But like I said, the patch did what it was supposed to.

Yes, I was disapointed that SH3 did not have the original voices. I definitely missed the original Heather, but the other voice actors were good. Douglas was a massive improvement.

But yeah, even though things were fixed, the Collection was still handled very poorly to say the least.
#23zUkUuPosted 1/4/2013 2:03:43 AM
WHAT? douglas was an IMPROVEMENT? watch part 2, that details the new voice actors... it's HORRENDOUSLY and changes frigging everything about the game - in particular douglas.

and there was not much fixed...
#24matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 2:09:12 AM
zUkUu posted...
WHAT? douglas was an IMPROVEMENT? watch part 2, that details the new voice actors... it's HORRENDOUSLY and changes frigging everything about the game - in particular douglas.

and there was not much fixed...

Well in seeing that again, it's not as bad as I remember. lol But his newer voice is still good.

Actually with the collection, we were lucky to even get the original voices for the second one. I'm sure you read the fiasco about that with the older voice actors. They basically put them in only because, I think, the fans ****ed enough about it. lol

Maybe I'm lucky as there is not a whole long with my collection after the patch. There is still some occassional slowdown, but it is not a big deal and is hardly noticeable most of the time. Again, I am by no means saying this is great. But, it's certainly better than without the patch. Plus, both games look great in HD.