This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They need to make a law that forces stores like Gamestop to give money from used

#1Oakland510_Posted 1/4/2013 1:46:17 AM
game sales to the game companies of the used games they sold. Gamestop and other similar stores makes s*** ton of profit from used games sales cause they don't have to pay the game companies a second time to buy the game so they get the full amount from used game sales and a good amount of times the sales are from new games which they resell for $55 if it's a new game that cost $60.

It's a win win win situation for everyone. Game companies get more money for their hard work of creating a game, gamestop still get a lot of profit since their employees are happy with minimum wage and get money from used game sales which they totally rip off theor customers and the customers aren't forced to buy new games at full price. Sony wouldn't have to be forced to use the new technology to stop used game sales.
#2killakPosted 1/4/2013 1:48:15 AM
If they're buying second hand wares, the product is wholly theirs.

Game companies don't deserve a red cent from the transaction, or any future transactions.
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#3OzzieArcanePosted 1/4/2013 1:49:26 AM
Will never happen. Other industries have a used market. You don't hear Ford complaining that you can buy a used car from someone else. Granted it's not quite the same thing but as far as the law is concerned it is.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#4mantezPosted 1/4/2013 1:50:46 AM
killak posted...
If they're buying second hand wares, the product is wholly theirs.

Game companies don't deserve a red cent from the transaction, or any future transactions.

I fully agree.

If the Developers and Publishers want a cut of used sales maybe they should open their own used games store.
---
The ship is safer in the harbour, but it is not meant for that.
#5zUkUuPosted 1/4/2013 1:55:27 AM(edited)
that is just double dipping. GAMES ARE NOTHING SPECIAL. why does every other guy thinks game publishers are entitled to something no other publisher of any other product is?

when I sell my movie disk, why doesn't warner get's a cut too? BECAUSE THEY ALREADY GOT PAID for the initial purchase.

and seriously, DEVELOPERS don't gain anything from sales. they have a regular pay check while developing. if anything, they get a bonus and that is rare.

why do you think the game market is constantly GROWING? a DVD movie with a 100 million budget only sells for 10 bucks NEW and they get a profit out of it. games sell for six times that amount and have a smaller budget. seriously, people.
#6AlltraPosted 1/4/2013 1:51:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7Brocken_JrPosted 1/4/2013 1:52:32 AM
maybe they should just sell games cheaper and leave it at that. no need to be a little b*** just cause your game isnt worth $60
---
DONT BELIEVE ONDORES LIES!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#8sawmstockPosted 1/4/2013 2:02:48 AM
That is the smartest comment I've seen in this argument. If game developers want money for used games, then they need to open up used game stores. Problem solved.
#9ShinXaguraPosted 1/4/2013 2:08:04 AM
sawmstock posted...
That is the smartest comment I've seen in this argument. If game developers want money for used games, then they need to open up used game stores. Problem solved.

Thats a good idea.
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#10PoorCountryPosted 1/4/2013 2:15:37 AM
Alltra posted...
No, {Bleep} you.

I'm so sick of this "Used Gaming is the devil" crap. You guys talk about gamer's being entitled, how about developers? They feel like they're entitled to potential sales, like used games steal sales from them. I got a newsflash for you guys, a person who buys a game used probably wouldn't buy the game at all if the option wasn't available, so you wouldn't be getting a sale anyway even if you did get rid of them all together.

It's called "Potential" for a reason. You're not always going to live up to you full potential, deal with it.

Big newsflash: probably. Newsflash, everyone: Alltra thinks people probably wouldn't buy something blah, blah. Why? Whatever, Alltra said so.