This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People who keep saying Gamestop rips people off

#1OzzieArcanePosted 1/4/2013 1:54:00 AM
I'm curious. How much do you think Gamestop should pay people for their games? Because I see this complaint a lot about them paying $20-$30 for a game they're gonna sell for $55.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#2killakPosted 1/4/2013 1:55:25 AM
They're unaware of how a business functions ie buy it at the cheapest possible price to make maximum profit.
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#3ArronAubinPosted 1/4/2013 1:56:26 AM
The way I see it, is that you don't have to sell your games their. I don't like GS. But I love my local one. The people who work there are pretty cool. But yeah, they aren't forcing you to sell your game. Got online and sell it. As far as I'm concerned, you know full well that you're getting ripped off when you sell at gamestop. You're the one at fault, not them. Deal with it.
#4gangster4lifeyoPosted 1/4/2013 1:57:16 AM
$20-30 really isn't that bad for zero effort. People can sell their games on Craiglist/ebay/whatever for more or go sell them with no effort at Gamestop.
#5AlltraPosted 1/4/2013 1:58:49 AM(edited)
They have overhead, you can't honestly expect them to pay near full price for a used product, they'd never be able to sustain that kind of business model.

That being said though, who the hell is gonna buy a used game for $55, and risk getting a crappy copy, when they could fork out the extra $5 and get a pristeen copy with all the perks?

No, it's more like "We'll give you $9", and they end up selling the game for $20.

You don't want $9 for your game? Go sell it on Amazon.com, and maybe you'll get the $20 Gamestop would have sold it for.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#6Brocken_JrPosted 1/4/2013 1:58:14 AM
they sold sf4 for $18. gamestop offered me $2.50 for mine. play n trade offered $6. i was tryin so hard not to laugh when they said $2.50. this was when ssf4 was new tho
---
DONT BELIEVE ONDORES LIES!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#7OzzieArcane(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 2:00:07 AM
Brocken_Jr posted...
they sold sf4 for $18. gamestop offered me $2.50 for mine. play n trade offered $6. i was tryin so hard not to laugh when they said $2.50. this was when ssf4 was new tho

Yeah, because they know no one is gonna buy regular Street Fighter IV when Super Street Fighter IV is out.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#8killakPosted 1/4/2013 2:00:29 AM

'Acquire goods at the cheapest possible price, to maximise profit'

I'm sure you'll find that play n trade really needed that copy, and were well aware of GameStop's trade prices.
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#9CaptainLukaPosted 1/4/2013 2:03:46 AM
killak posted...

'Acquire goods at the cheapest possible price, to maximise profit'

I'm sure you'll find that play n trade really needed that copy, and were well aware of GameStop's trade prices.

Play N Trade is a franchise. That particular store may have been doing what they could to beat out their local competition - that could mean taking a hit of a few dollars if it meant beating GS.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
#10killakPosted 1/4/2013 2:08:59 AM
Play N Trade is a franchise. That particular store may have been doing what they could to beat out their local competition - that could mean taking a hit of a few dollars if it meant beating GS.

GS probably bought 20 copies to that one, at a cheaper price.

That's not going to help them beat GS
---
LoL... DSP did his funniest moments of 2012 set.... except they're all about his own content.