This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Do you think Gamestop's opened/unsealed games are USED or BRAND NEW?

#11x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 1/4/2013 5:08:48 AM
If I cant trade in a opened yet perfect game as new then they can't sell the same item as new.

Its used.
#12killakPosted 1/4/2013 5:10:50 AM
If I cant trade in a opened yet perfect game as new then they can't sell the same item as new.

Its used.

Please tell me that was a joke. What you trade is called 'pre owned', which is what it is.

if you were a big name game distributor and said GS wouldn't take your sealed games as new, then my friend, you'd be making perfect sense.

*prays for humanity*
---
My instant game collection - http://tinyurl.com/dxq27an
Then after finding more games around the living room - http://tinyurl.com/bh64f4a
#13TIGERJACKS0NPosted 1/4/2013 5:12:27 AM
killak posted...

*prays for humanity*

over-reacting a bit there buddy
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#14killakPosted 1/4/2013 5:13:43 AM
over-reacting a bit there buddy

Yeah I know. It's just that there are some incredibly stupid people out there, and they multiply.
---
This gen: Whining, gamers with an amazing sense of entitlement... waiting for pricedrops, cheering for studio closure and wondering why the industry changes
#15x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 1/4/2013 5:15:59 AM(edited)
killak posted...

Its used.

Please tell me that was a joke. What you trade is called 'pre owned', which is what it is.

if you were a big name game distributor and said GS wouldn't take your sealed games as new, then my friend, you'd be making perfect sense.

*prays for humanity*

More or less a figure of speech. Once an item is opened its no longer new. I would not expect GameStop to taken my used game as new just as I wouldn't buy their used items at new price. Its all irrelevant because I refuse to support a terrible company such as GameStop and do all my shopping at a real retailer: Amazon. Better pricing where new is a lot of times cheaper then Gamestops used and top notch customer service.

Either way, gamestop is wrong for this practice.
#16Neonwarrior1243Posted 1/4/2013 5:15:57 AM
killak posted...

Its used.

*prays for humanity*

I think what he's talking about is what happened to somebody I know once somebody bought them Mass Effect for the 360 and gave it to them then they opened it without thinking then when they put the game in the noticed they got the French only game(Since in Canada some games have French only versions released with the English only versions). Then when they went back that same day and told EBgames what happened they said sorry it's used now here is 40$ towards an English copy.
#17killakPosted 1/4/2013 5:16:57 AM
I don't think they're wrong, per se, but I can see why it annoys people.

When I used to work for EB, I used to hate reselling returned games (in australia we have a 7 day policy), especially when they come back with some light scratching, or more noticeable scratching... except when you say "this game was a preorder, you picked it up sealed and now it's scratched", they flatout deny and argue on the spot that they aren't responsible for it.

So even though I don't agree, they're not wrong to do it
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#18Joehop007Posted 1/4/2013 5:52:54 AM(edited)
According to the Descriptive Trade Practice Act, an opened game is considered used. If the shrink wrap is removed from a brand new game, that's altering the original condition of the item buy which it makes the game no longer new.

http://www.enotes.com/consumer-issues-reference/deceptive-trade-practices

"Represents that goods are original or new if they are deteriorated, altered, reconditioned, reclaimed, used, or second-hand"

For example, if a company like GameStop sells used games as "new" they are breaking the law in all 50 states. I made a topic about this a long time ago.
---
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle
#19killakPosted 1/4/2013 5:50:20 AM
That quote doesn't say anything about an altered original condition. Altered will mean something a little more than shrinkwrap removed.
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#20Joehop007Posted 1/4/2013 5:55:45 AM
killak posted...
That quote doesn't say anything about an altered original condition. Altered will mean something a little more than shrinkwrap removed.

The shrink wrap is part of the original condition isn't it? "Represents that goods are original or new if they are deteriorated, altered, reconditioned, reclaimed, used, or second-hand"
---
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle